-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
High contrast JPEG SOOC,with just a light crop to preclude a dusty bunny on the sensor. You'll wanna hit "reply",to lay better eyes on it.

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I was really hoping the photography portion of the campfire was devoid of egos, insults and arguments. I'm more interested in learning through discussion than I am at asserting self defined greatness. I'm sure that list is quite long. Apparently it won't get any shorter here without dealing with negative comments. I'm out.

Become one with nature, then marinate it!
http://windrockphotography.com
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ones eyes and brain are far more capable of integrating a wide array of extreme color and intensity information than even the most complex of digital or film cameras. Even in Stick's excellent image above, one sees little to no texture in the black and cream realms of the photo. Mid tones, yes. In life, our eyes can sort it out, but the camera really has issues. My wife's greatest frustrations are things like black bears, bison, and white ish birds.

Where a camera really beats our eyes is in the focusing department. Take a moment to look around and one notices that his eyes can really focus on about 1 or 2% of his total field of view. All the objects remain in view and we can tell they're still there, but only a very small central point really has focus. Even when reading a line of text here, only 1 or two words can be in focus. One can not decipher a word 1 inch up/down or over without shifting focus. Fortunateley, we are equipped with relatively rapid scanners.

Here's one of the few blackish birds that my wife had some luck with (raven), and this was with a point n shoot and some fill in flash.
[Linked Image]

Here's one not so good. Essentially nothing in the black zones.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by 1minute; 02/02/11.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Black Labs are hard to get good pics of. Every year when the magnolias are in bloom I spend a bunch of time on shooting them. I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN THE SHOT THAT I SEE IN MY MIND'S EYE. It has been 7 years since I started the project. Don't know if I'll ever get it. I do have a shot that I titled "Essence of Magnolia" but that shot is so highly edited as to really make it a whole differen image than that which I orginally shot.

Handgun Hunter no more. STILL LOVE THOSE .41's
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jetwrnch
I was really hoping the photography portion of the campfire was devoid of egos, insults and arguments. I'm more interested in learning through discussion than I am at asserting self defined greatness. I'm sure that list is quite long. Apparently it won't get any shorter here without dealing with negative comments. I'm out.

You are afforded the luxury of taking issue,though I couldn't recommend it...though hope you do.

If only for the humor associated.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1minute
Ones eyes and brain are far more capable of integrating a wide array of extreme color and intensity information than even the most complex of digital or film cameras. Even in Stick's excellent image above, one sees little to no texture in the black and cream realms of the photo. Mid tones, yes. In life, our eyes can sort it out, but the camera really has issues. My wife's greatest frustrations are things like black bears, bison, and white ish birds.

Where a camera really beats our eyes is in the focusing department. Take a moment to look around and one notices that his eyes can really focus on about 1 or 2% of his total field of view. All the objects remain in view and we can tell they're still there, but only a very small central point really has focus. Even when reading a line of text here, only 1 or two words can be in focus. One can not decipher a word 1 inch up/down or over without shifting focus. Fortunateley, we are equipped with relatively rapid scanners.

Here's one of the few blackish birds that my wife had some luck with (raven), and this was with a point n shoot and some fill in flash.
[Linked Image]

Here's one not so good. Essentially nothing in the black zones.
[Linked Image]

In fairness,I'd say the hues and their range as depicted upon the lowly Eider,are a very accurate representation of how they appeared to my eye. That both at the time I banged the shutter and now,after the fact.

For conversation:

SOOC JPEG Raven.

[Linked Image]

JPEG Swan.

[Linked Image]

Fair contrast MuskOx.

[Linked Image]

Not all monitors is equal. Nor are all cameras,nor lenses and that well seperate from their Operators...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crawfish
Black Labs are hard to get good pics of. Every year when the magnolias are in bloom I spend a bunch of time on shooting them. I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN THE SHOT THAT I SEE IN MY MIND'S EYE. It has been 7 years since I started the project. Don't know if I'll ever get it. I do have a shot that I titled "Essence of Magnolia" but that shot is so highly edited as to really make it a whole differen image than that which I orginally shot.

I'd play,but my Lab is Yellow and it'd be cheatin'..................(grin)

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

713 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,620 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,146
Posts18,464,986
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.