Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Is FEDEX next day the only game in town?

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think UPS air also. Best thing to do IMHO is to take it to an FFL and have him send it off.

Last edited by theduke308; 02/04/11.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty soon this thread will draw a fellow named Bricktop much like the smell of carrion draws vultures.

Ignore the gratuitous "you are a $%&*" and a *&#$*%$ and a stupid %^&*#%!" and any other insults and just concentrate on the information contained in the post. It will save you money.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Just to be safe, let me clarify.

I WILL NOT SHIP TO KALIFORNIA!

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

The call has been put out. Soon he'll swoop in to save the day and, "Be Up in yo' gree-ill".... grin

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bricktop.........

To the BatCave!!!!

Too effin funny. cry cry

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FOsteology
[Linked Image]

TFF!!!!! And he did ask for a Batsignal last time, too... grin

NRA Endowment Member
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Now that is just funny - don't care who you are.

It's not that Liberals are unwilling to listen to another point of view, they are just simply amazed that another one exists.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Is FEDEX next day the only game in town?
Not no, but F*CK NO. There is NO law ANYWHERE requiring you to ship a handgun "next day." That's the policy of two chickensh*t companies. Provided you're not as stupid as they think the average gun owner is and openly declare you're shipping a firearm, you may ship via Federal Express or UPS any way your little heart desires.

This is the standard boiler plate citation of the '68 GCA I am now offering in these threads:

The law only requires declaration to UPS or Federal Express (i.e., "contract carriers") if the recipient is NOT an FFL holder. The BATFE's website miquotes this, though their legal department will provide you a letter on official letterhead stating as such.

"� 922 Unlawful acts.

(e)
It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to deliver or cause to be delivered to any common or contract carrier for transportation or shipment in interstate or foreign commerce, to persons other than licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, or licensed collectors, any package or other container in which there is any firearm or ammunition without written notice to the carrier that such firearm or ammunition is being transported or shipped; except that any passenger who owns or legally possesses a firearm or ammunition being transported aboard any common or contract carrier for movement with the passenger in interstate or foreign commerce may deliver said firearm or ammunition into the custody of the pilot, captain, conductor or operator of such common or contract carrier for the duration of the trip without violating any of the provisions of this chapter. No common or contract carrier shall require or cause any label, tag, or other written notice to be placed on the outside of any package, luggage, or other container that such package, luggage, or other container contains a firearm."

"� 478.31 Delivery by common or contract carrier.

(a)
No person shall knowingly deliver or cause to be delivered to any common or contract carrier for transportation or shipment in interstate or foreign commerce to any person other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, any package or other container in which there is any firearm or ammunition without written notice to the carrier that such firearm or ammunition is being transported or shipped:

Provided, that any passenger who owns or legally possesses a firearm or ammunition being transported aboard any common or contract carrier for movement with the passenger in interstate or foreign commerce may deliver said firearm or ammunition into the custody of the pilot, captain, conductor or operator of such common or contract carrier for the duration of that trip without violating any provision of this part.

(b) No common or contract carrier shall require or cause any label, tag, or other written notice to be placed on the outside of any package, luggage, or other container indicating that such package, luggage, or other container contains a firearm."

http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-4.pdf

Simply stated, it says this:

"It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to deliver or cause to be delivered...to persons other than...licensed dealers...any package...in which there is any firearm...without written notice to the carrier that such firearm...is being...shipped..."

You would be required to give notice if you were a gunsmith or manufacturer returning a firearm after repair. (Among other scenarios.) The BATFE's legal department will provide a binding legal determination stating as such if you request it in writing.

I try and balance UPS' or Federal Express' service types against my needs; if I'm shipping a Glock 17, Ruger SR9 or anything else reasonably easy to replace, I'll go regular ground. I'm in compliance with the '68 GCA and the costs are reasonable. On the other hand, if I'm shipping a high-ticket item like a Colt SAA, S&W Triple Lock, etc., then I want it OUT of the shipper's system ASAP. It would be tough to replace one of those items in the event of an insured loss.

Do yourself a favor -- A BIG FAVOR -- and sign up online for a UPS or Federal Express account. It's free and allows you to print and pay for shipping labels for anything you want to ship. No one asks what you're shipping and it's as painless as can be. Weigh your packages on the bathroom scale if necessary. (Reasonably decent postal scales can be had for under $50 at most office supply places as well.)

They -- UPS or Federal Express -- will supply their account holders with free supplies, including shipping labels upon request. It'll be the most worthwhile 15 minutes you've spent in quite some time signing up for an account.

CLICK D LINK

CLIQUE LE LINQUE

Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Just to be safe, let me clarify.

I WILL NOT SHIP TO KALIFORNIA!
Why is that? You afraid they might turn you gay or something? Christ, don't play into the anti-gunners' hands. Flood that piece-of-sh*t state with all the legal guns you can. That pretty well proves all of their chickensh*t efforts to ban guns won't stop the legal interstate sale or transfer by law-abiding citizens. California dollars spend just like other dollars.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by theduke308
I think UPS air also. Best thing to do IMHO is to take it to an FFL and have him send it off.
Ignore the stupid f*cking advice offered by this piker. I have no idea why someone with as little to offer as this even bothers posting.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Characteristically succinct and spot-on, albeit just a tad abrasive and confrontational. grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My usual response to this question is:

Beware of difficulty is collecting damages when undeclared firearm is shipped ground freight with UPS/Fedex.

Bricktop will then respond as to my post/myself being stupid or whatever, and saying I cannot state a single instance of that being true.

My comment stands, and I do not discuss my personal business on the net.

Naught's had, alls spent
When desire is got without content
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bobelk99
My usual response to this question is:

Beware of difficulty is collecting damages when undeclared firearm is shipped ground freight with UPS/Fedex.

Bricktop will then respond as to my post/myself being stupid or whatever, and saying I cannot state a single instance of that being true.

My comment stands, and I do not discuss my personal business on the net.
For the STABLE ADULTS in the thread -- this would exclude YOU, in particular, bobelk99, UPS or Federal Express are just as likely to deny your claim because it's almost Saturday, or because it's February, or because this is an odd-numbered year, or because you like Coke and they like Pepsi, etc. That's why many manufacturers and larger gunsmithing concerns are self-insured. (Additional third party insurance is available independent of UPS or Federal Express.) This is well-known to experienced shippers -- this would also exclude YOU, bobelk99. Yet again, you offer nothing of any substance or worth to the discussion.

If you had any specific experience or examples, you'd have ponied up a long damned time ago when you had the opportunity. Or even now. But you didn't and you don't and that says all we need to know about your lack of credibility.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No where else can we get lite entertainment this cheap. sick

Naught's had, alls spent
When desire is got without content
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image]

The call has been put out. Soon he'll swoop in to save the day and, "Be Up in yo' gree-ill".... grin

LOVE it! And Bricktop is spot on BTW.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bobelk99
No where else can we get lite entertainment this cheap. sick
Anytime you want to offer a relevant experience, feel free to do so. How many times have you actually shipped a firearm? Once? Or is this one of those bullshit urban legends that gets passed around when you and your pals are playing shuffle board and foosball, therefore it's just GOTTA be true? Christ, give me a break.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Thats awesome!!!

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
a serious question if you please as i am about to sell a handgun over the web:

does the handgun have to go from ffl to ffl?

or

can it go from an individual to an ffl?

thanks

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just had one shipped to my ffl from an individial. They shipped it fedex second day air.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It can go from individual to FFL.

You cannot mail it USPS unless you're an FFL though.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

483 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 53 invisible), 2,667 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,946
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.