Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gene L
I don't care for pancakes. The Army cured me of any desire I may have once had.

Dude, don't let the army desuade you from any food. Most army cooks don't have a clue. Come to my house sometime and I make a pancake lover of you. wink

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Guys, you need to try fried cornbread hotcakes with warm sorghum molasses or ribbon cane syrup and real butter.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
dad likes chucky peanut butter on his, i perfer creamy peanut butter

FJB
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Best I ever had was Krusteze, out in the middle of nowhere Alaska with fresh bluberries.
Reconstituted syrup, fake butter, REAL blueberries.

No bacon to go with, but we did have fresh caribou loin sliced thin.

I also like pecan pancakes.

My wife and son like peanut butter on their pancakes, just ain't right.

But I may have to pancakes in the morning.

Arcus Venator
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Big_Redhead

Dude, don't let the army desuade you from any food. Most army cooks don't have a clue. Come to my house sometime and I make a pancake lover of you. wink

Oh, I've tried them since. Several times, in fact. Just don't care for them. To me, they seem un-done and way too sweet with the syrup. But the army pancakes were the worst of any I've tried, although the troops loved them.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
blueberry pancakes with real butter and maple syrup - the antioxidants in the berries offset the butter.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Anyone notice that instead of being about pancakes themselves, the vast majority of the posts are about what to put on the pancakes? If a discussion on steaks was mostly about sauces instead of the steaks, it would lead me to believe that the steaks themselves weren't anything to get excited about.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Quietly in the background Mule Deer and .458 are taking notes for their upcoming book on outdoor recipes for the camp....

laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And calculating how many extra pack mules will be required to carry in all of the pancake condiments necessary to keep everyone happy.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Hey, our fridge is 70% full of condiments......

Long

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Started the day with scrambled eggs, thick cut bacon, oatmeal pancakes, real butter, authentic maple syrup, orange juice and hot, black dark roast coffee.

Dinner will be backstrap that has been in a garlic and balsamic marinade, oven roasted potatoes and leaf salad. Life is good! grin

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The now-burned-down Sourdough Roadhouse on the Richardson Hwy. had the best sourdough pancakes...ever. I've been trting to duplicate them ever since.

A lot of the time we'll use Bisquik at home and Krusteaz in camp. From scratch at home, the recipe in the Joy is really good. It calls for 1-1/2 C flour. I always substitute 1/2 C whole wheat for 1/2 C AP flour and halve the sugar. I also add a T or two of corn meal to the batter. We like the texture.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Camp Merrill's famous blueberry pancakes didn't make you a life long fan. ;-)
Maybe they just tasted good b/c we were so damn hungry after humping up mount Yonah.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
After seeing this thread mentioned in the Gunwriters Peaceful forum thread, I just had to read through the whole thing. Bisquick pancakes, oatmeal cakes with some cinamon in the batter, buttermilk cakes, blueberry (fresh berries are best), buckwheat...They're all good. Maple syrup, Mrs. Butterworth's in adition to the butter you spread on it wink ), honey, blueberry syrup...All good. Peanut butter goes on the last one or two for dessert. Like 'em with puddin' meat over top, scrapple, sausage, or bacon on the side, and/or a couple eggs over easy. Pennsdale firehall's gun show is coming up soon, so I'll be getting a plate full there.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Anyone notice that instead of being about pancakes themselves, the vast majority of the posts are about what to put on the pancakes? If a discussion on steaks was mostly about sauces instead of the steaks, it would lead me to believe that the steaks themselves weren't anything to get excited about.

I'll admit the pancakes to me are a vessel for eating hot maple syrum and melted butter, but isn't that the beauty of them? I really do love pancakes though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pancakes, butter with Honey or Maple syrup from the tree, yep works for me. Sour dough pancakes are my favorite.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shootinurse
After seeing this thread mentioned in the Gunwriters Peaceful forum thread, I just had to read through the whole thing. Bisquick pancakes, oatmeal cakes with some cinamon in the batter, buttermilk cakes, blueberry (fresh berries are best), buckwheat...They're all good. Maple syrup, Mrs. Butterworth's in adition to the butter you spread on it wink ), honey, blueberry syrup...All good. Peanut butter goes on the last one or two for dessert. Like 'em with puddin' meat over top, scrapple, sausage, or bacon on the side, and/or a couple eggs over easy. Pennsdale firehall's gun show is coming up soon, so I'll be getting a plate full there.

I'll see ya there!

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I caved!!!! I just ate a waffle and 4 big french toast....ahhhh

Willcox, Arizona USA
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
So we can try to make them better for us......well at least tell we put the butter and syrup on them.
2 cups highly blended oatmeal
1 cup or less of flour
touch of baking soda and powder
2 cups yogurt
about 10-12 egg whites
if you prefer a touch of vanilla

you may need to add a little milk if they are to thick, but keep the mix thin. I don't really use recipes to cook so this is very close to what I always use.
A much better complex carb ratio and pretty darn decent amount of protein and they are good.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I heard you can make them with cream cheese (or maybe cottage cheese) and they're better.

Back when I did eat them, and an occasional waffle, I'd get an up from all that sugar, and when my blood sugar dropped I'd get desperately hungry.

Pancakes to me are like hot dogs in that I wish I could eat them as they're easy to prepare and look tasty. I quit eating hot dogs when I got old enough to read the contents on the label.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,932 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.