Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
AB2506 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Remington, in their usual unfathomable wisdom, has decided to discontinue this model. IMO, this is one of the best Model 7 configurations ever, and I really think it should have been offered in 260, 7mm-08 and 308 also.

I don't understand their reasoning. Predator hunting is exploding, every one else is coming out with a predator rifle, and they decide to drop it? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Maybe they need to drop some of the 5 million model 700 variations and concentrate on some core models. Makes me yearn for the days when you had the ADL, BDL and Classic.

http://remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire/model-seven/model-seven-predator.aspx

BP-B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I'm not totally conviced it's true. There seems to be a bunch of typos in the catalog and on-line. I guess a phone call, or time will tell.

Although...it wouldn't surprise me in the least.
I love my Remmys, but the people who make their marketing decisions are morons!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Remington dropped the stainless/synthetic Model Seven a few years back, now who'd a thunk that would happen? I don't understand it.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree with you on the stainless model, but the camo model doesn't have the following it really needs to become a constant seller. The model seven XCR was a great rifle I have one chambered in 243 and love it. HAPPY HUNTING

AB2506 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Scrap the camo, keep the configuration! It is a well balanced 7lb rifle with a semi-heavy fluted 22" barrel. It is an awesome package, it handles very well.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
if you have the action, just get one built in ANY caliber ya want..I don't have to live or die with whatever the factory's marketing dept is coming out with for the new season..

the only one that listens to consumers anyway is Savage...

too bad Win and Rem can't get with the program..

and then as always, Ruger is Ruger..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Obviously, the execs at Remington do not have access to the same sales figures that you guys have. Why not contact them and give them the heads up?

NRA Life Patron Member Benefactor Level
USN/USMC Vietnam Vet 1969-70
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AB2506
Scrap the camo, keep the configuration! It is a well balanced 7lb rifle with a semi-heavy fluted 22" barrel. It is an awesome package, it handles very well.

+1..

At least in my AO the camo didnt go well...only had one come in the shop,it sat there forever then I bought it...have not had a single request for once since..

go figure...I like mine! grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
That gun felt heavier than it should've been to me. Now if they'd make it with the original SS 20" mountain rifle contour with a "Ti" like stock, they'd have a winner.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Model Seven Predator in .243 Winchester with Talley Lwt mounts and Leupold 3.5x10/Butler Creek flip caps with a Vero Vellini sling and four rounds loaded with Sierra 85 gr. HPBT's weighs 7 lbs. 5 ounces all up total. I don't understand it, it is supposed to weigh seven pounds naked. Wondering what they left off it to make that kinda of weight class... lol.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The needed to make that gun in more calibers IMO. More predators are shot with .223's than any other.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I looked at the Remington website and it appears to be "Current".
The overall length is listed at 39" which is exceptionally short if accurate.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire/model-seven/model-seven-predator.aspx

Quando omni flunkus moritati
AB2506 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, it's now listed as for sale again. I have no explanation as to why it was listed as discontinued previously.

Still really like this model 7 pattern

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by MOGC
My Model Seven Predator in .243 Winchester with Talley Lwt mounts and Leupold 3.5x10/Butler Creek flip caps with a Vero Vellini sling and four rounds loaded with Sierra 85 gr. HPBT's weighs 7 lbs. 5 ounces all up total. I don't understand it, it is supposed to weigh seven pounds naked. Wondering what they left off it to make that kinda of weight class... lol.

grin Just caught this and thought I'd explain.

My 700 Mountain Guide in 243AI wears the same 3.5-10 scope and it rides in Talley's as well, I have 9 rounds of 75 gr v-max's in the shell carrier, It wears a mountain sling and it does have an M1 elevation turret and it weighs 7.4 pounds. The balance is perfect.
Like I said, the Mod 7 Predator weighs too much for what it is. If they'd opt for a MR contour instead of the magnum contour and put it in a decent stock, the balance would be far better and it would drop a pound at least.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have one in 243, im very happy w it and way it shoots.

Predator Unlimited
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well I liked the spiffy camo on them.. but then again, anyone can have one built on any action they want, with an aftermarket barrel in about any caliber they want...

I've been kicking around doing one in a 260, with a heavy magnum contoured barrel, but an 18 inch length, and then also shorten a synthetic stock with an inch or inch&half length of pull..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

AB2506 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by MOGC

grin Just caught this and thought I'd explain.

My 700 Mountain Guide in 243AI wears the same 3.5-10 scope and it rides in Talley's as well, I have 9 rounds of 75 gr v-max's in the shell carrier, It wears a mountain sling and it does have an M1 elevation turret and it weighs 7.4 pounds. The balance is perfect.
Like I said, the Mod 7 Predator weighs too much for what it is. If they'd opt for a MR contour instead of the magnum contour and put it in a decent stock, the balance would be far better and it would drop a pound at least.

Your Mountain Guide and the Predator are designed for different purposes. Both are good patterns, and if they were smart, they would continue to offer both.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a 17FB in this rifle and it shoots great! I have called in several coyotes, 2 bobcats, and one fox and have not had one complaint as long as I put the bullet in the ribs. Bummer Remington can't see the market. T.S.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I want one of the camo models in .223. Just for the fun of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
I want one of the camo models in .223. Just for the fun of it.

I have 2, I should sell you the new one.......but I'm gonna keep it in case I ever wear the other one out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
239 members (300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 1,655 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,926
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.