Print Thread
Hop To
J
jim62 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
A few years ago a target gunsmith friend spend quite a bit of shop time adapting the Anschutz Prone style thumbhole stock desgin to his H&R m12 rifle. These two stocks are the last of the batch he ran on his Allen/Dakota Pantograph.

The stocks are precision milled and the metalwork is nearly a drop on fit. These require BIG blanks to mill them and they are the full equivalent of other custom target stocks costing $200+.The stocks are fully inlet for the factory H&R model 12 metalwork . Most of the outside milling marks have been removed with an 80 grit belt and all that is left is minor fitting and finish sanding of the stock.

One stock is semi-fancy streaked graft Claro/English stock and the other has been milled from a peice of very dense northern birch laminate in the "Southwest Camo" color scheme.

The butt stock has an extremely comfortable multi- position thumbhole grip. The comb is high full and thick for scope use ans is about 1/8" below the bore centerline. Just enough room for a cleaning rod.

The for-end is the same length and design as the factory m12 for-end and is milled to take the take the factory forend rail. The butt stock is long enough to make 13.75 to 14.5" long stock depending on what butt plate is used and of course, can be cut shorter.

The stocks have been wet with a bit of Alcohol to show the color when finished. The last pic shows an a grey lam stock (not for sale) that has been bolted on to the factory metalwork. It shows an alternative shape to the for-end .

As I said, these are the last two. My price on your choice is $145 shipped CONUS. The price is firm. No trades please. Any form of payment is fine, but PayPal is preferred. Thanks.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

On a rifle-(not for sale)
[img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p241/willbergerwood/001-24.jpg[/img]

Last edited by jim62; 02/05/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I will purchase the walnut stock e-mail me at ramiller07hotmail.com for shipping instructions. Ron

J
jim62 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
r,

Email sent.. wink

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
J
jim62 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
BTT.. wink

To all gunmaker critics-
J
jim62 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
The Walnut stock looks sold pending funds..

The Laminate is still for sale.

To all gunmaker critics-
IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Should the walnut deal fail I will take it.

S
S
Hello, I will take the laminate one if still available. Do you know if the stock is sized to take a specific Anschutz buttplate assembly? It looks like it was based on a 1413 stock? Thanks for your time, my e-mail is sks577gmail.com

C
C
Hello, Did both of these sell?

J
jim62 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
C,

Yes they did.

PM sent.

To all gunmaker critics-

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
390 members (1lesfox, 300jimmy, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 40 invisible), 2,063 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,004
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.