Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
EddyBo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Anybody got anything bad to say about the scope I linked to below? I have a rifle that I am not going to be needing more than the 18MOA allowed by the single turn dial so I should be able to get by without canted bases. If worse came to worse I and I needed more elevation I could use the ballistic reticle, I guess.
Any word on reliability? Low light use? I went down to Sport Optics today and took a look at the scope and kinda like everything I know about it thus far other than the big ugly eyepiece. It is really nice being able to run 45 minutes to get into high end optics heaven, just to browse. I think they still have a deal where you can trade in any functioning scope and get 500 off the list price.

http://www.sportoptics.com/leica-rifle-scope-51022.aspx

BP-B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have a Schmidt & Bender PM, 2 Swarovski Z5's a Kahles cl and 2 Leica ER's.

In my opinion the Leica is the best view and it isn't even close.

Only time will tell if it holds up as well the others, that being said if I purchased a scope today it would be the Leica.

EddyBo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the info. I am going to have to scrounge around and find an el cheapo scope to trade in and get that 500 dollar rebate.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have the scope linked w/ the #1 (post) reticle and it surpasses the optics of anything else I have. look at cameralandny.com for the best price and service. My will be used for PNW elk hunting and the other reticles are pretty thin for low light.

you can buy the cheapest POS scope off ebay for $19 and you'll get the credit.

Last edited by slm9s; 02/09/11.
EddyBo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I prefer to deal with sport optics, those guys know me and I know them. I have walked out of their shop with 3K optics on just my word. They are a pleasure to deal with, and usually give me better service and the prices are as good or better.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wish the reticle was available in the FFP....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I love mine. I have the 3.5-14x42 on my Borden .280 AI. There are pics of it in the Custom Rifles forum. Optics are superb. I have been looking through it in the dark around here and it is amazing in low light. It's a little big and heavy and the ocular is quite large but you can't beat the view. I have Conquest's, Kahles, Swaro PH's, Swaro Z3's and AV's. It beats them all easily.

The reason for ordering from Cameraland is the $400 rebate they will give you on a demo scope if you trade in an old beater scope. The price after rebate for a demo ranges from $1050-1200. Nothing close for that money.

Lee

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I have the 2.5-10X42 with #1 reticle. I haven't had it for very long, so I can't comment on long term durability, but it tracked well during initial zero. Optics are first rate. Although I haven't done a thorough head to head comparison with my other high end scopes, from what I've seen so far, it looks to be everything you'd expect from a scope in it's price class optically speaking. It's at least comparable to other alpha class scopes, perhaps better than some. In low light, I haven't noticed any difference in performance between it and my Swaro Z6 1.7-10X42.

As for the comments about it having a large eyepiece, it actually has a smaller eyepiece than other Euro scopes it compares to. Diameter-wise, it's the same as equivalent scopes from Zeiss, Swaro, S&B, etc. It looks fatter because the eyepiece housing is unusually short, which is a good thing. Because of its short eyepiece, it has longer center tube length than just about any other scope of the same OAL. This gives you extra ring spacing and scope position latitude, which is especially useful since it has 4" of eye relief.

On the weight, it is actually a couple ounces lighter than most other 30mm Euro scopes of the same magnification range and objective size.

Last edited by RifleDude; 02/09/11.

Ted
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Haven't had a chance to handle one yet, but I hear great things. That being said, I wouldn't sweat the 18oz weight. I have three scopes that weigh 18oz, but depending on the gun, another 2-5oz over other brands mean little. I like the big euro eyepieces, and larger power rings.

EddyBo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am guessing that the leica scope is a lightweight compared to most of my scopes. I think it has some potential for a packing weight mid-long range scope.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
649 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 69 invisible), 2,793 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,654
Posts18,399,211
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.