Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That's it for me and I really wish I didn't have 4. I'll only mount a mule deer, coues and C. blacktail and only one each of them. I can dig on having the deer slam to match the turkey slam.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Daniel_Boone
I would hang the drop tine buck in my bathroom - that way I would have something to look at while I was a spanking it.
Douchequeer Boone, you have some serious issues.

You have 2 different campfire user names, your deer hunting knowledge is totally retarded, and you jack-off to an empty bathroom wall.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My wife says that I DESERVE a trophy room (read build an addition and get your crap out of the rest of the house!).
I really can't argue with her though, I really do deserve one!

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37, verse 4.

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mudhen
I really like that! I have a 16x20 ft concrete pad that used hold my dog kennels. It would be great to build something like that on it. Very fine work!

believe it or not,thats exactly what my slab was before i put the roof over it .

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Big_Shtick
Whats wrong with mine??????????

Ok, have you ever looked closely at the eyes?

I mean one is higher/bulged out more than the other one, the face is all wrinkled and are those droptines? laugh

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead
That's it for me and I really wish I didn't have 4. I'll only mount a mule deer, coues and C. blacktail and only one each of them. I can dig on having the deer slam to match the turkey slam.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Really like the way those birds are done. Very nice. Where did each come from?

Last edited by JGRaider; 02/08/11.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like you got him all horned up.

Originally Posted by Big_Shtick
My favorite mount.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Rio was Texas (near Eldorado)

Merriams Arizona

Eastern Louisiana

and Osceola Florida of course.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am liking that Steelhead, real nice!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
i had the same problem, i used to add mounts to my daughters rooms until they were old enough to know that little girls rooms dont have dead animals everywhere, so i had to take over the cathedral living room (which my wife loves) i finished my basement off and that is where they are supposed to go but i like looking at them to much to put in the basement i have several more that has migrated to the basement. Ron
[Linked Image]

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
In the attic in the shed or hung over the rafters .

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
This is an antler mount. I wrap them in leather, and throw them on a oak/walnut plaque. They still showcase the antlers without taking up space on the wall. The plate is not on it (goes over the screw hole).

[Linked Image]

My 155inch Net 8 pointer. Was my biggest until...
[Linked Image]

...The first set of antlers in this next pic, Gross 181. Sorry, I am refinishing my man room, so there is antlers all over the place. There are more not pictured (basement, garage, etc). Another idea is to do a Euro mount (lower right corner). Women don't like them as much though....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A few more I got this year (1 bow, 1 muzzleloader) that will be antler mounts if I ever get to them....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hope you like...

joe

Providing digital marketing services for startups & small-to-midsize companies - including website design/hosting, videography and editing.

www.jolinmedia.com
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Great bucks jolin.....congrats.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jolintaxidermy

My 155inch Net 8 pointer. Was my biggest until...
[Linked Image]

Joe, this one is unreal. A mid-150's 8 point is really something!!!

I'm going to start doing more euro's in the future unless they're truly exceptional. I don't mind spending the cheddar on shoulder mounts but I've got some that were taken a number of years ago that were "big" at the time, and, now seem a little out of place compared to some of the others. They're now relegated to cabin or friend's cabin duty. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Thanks SKane. He only had 2 5/8 total deductions. I havent seen a more symetrical deer.

Shoulder mounts are cool, but people are looking at the rack anyways. Except, as a taxidermist, I find myself focusing on the rest of the mount, and I end up looking for flaws rather than the beauty of the antlers.

Someday if I get a cabin, or lofted ceiling in my house or something, it may fill up with shoulder mounts. But, until then, the antler mounts will work for me, and the Mrs doesnt mind them either.

Thanks again,

joe

Providing digital marketing services for startups & small-to-midsize companies - including website design/hosting, videography and editing.

www.jolinmedia.com
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
joe i dont think i like you, kidding, they are some studs for sure Ron

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Joe, the size of those mounts makes me want to tear up my 1/2 acre lot in the Twin Cities, MN and plant some corn! You IA hunters are in heaven with those whitetails and Pheasants. By the way excellant taxidermy work! Buckfever1

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,652 guests, and 1,068 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,282
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.