Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Savage_99
I will not own a gun made by the japs. They started ww2 and killed my uncle.

Long ago I wanted one of those Winchester M71's. A deluxe of course. What with them being an iron sight gun, expensive and scarce I never did find one at a discount.

Perhaps its just as well. I don't buy guns to make money on them however I would have 'made money on that one'.

You buy more Japanese stuff than you can imagine....got any electronics in your house? WWII has been over for a while......get over it.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
BP-B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
"WWII has been over for a while.'

I think we won that one, didn't we? Made'em surrender, if I recall correctly. We shoulda done the same thing to the North Koreans.

Savage_99,
Sorry you lost your uncle. I can understand you carryin' a grudge on account of something like that. Just remember..we avenged your uncle with 2 bombs. Your country TCB'ed on that.

Last edited by DELGUE; 01/25/11.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For what Win is asking for these, wait time, and tang safety; you can usually find a like new Browning 71 and still have enough $ left to buy reloading tools!

405wcf

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I'm pretty sure you can pick up original standard model 71 rifles for around $1500 still. They might not be pristine but they will at least be a "WINCHESTER" !!! crazy Don

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Those who grouse about a buying a Japanese made rifle might want to look at their work first. The finest made rifle (and THE most accurate) I've ever owned was a Weatherby Mk.V (Japanese manufactured) .270 WM. I won't even tell you how well that gun shot for fear of being ridiculed. Fit and finish were absolutely superb. If I had an extra $1,500 lay'n around in my gun budget, I'd buy one of those '71s in a heart beat.

PC

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Peter, Nothing wrong with a japanese rifle for a hunting rifle,my point is an original Winchester 71 will not only shoot well, but it will retain its value as an investment also. Don

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is no pride, common sense or logic to buy a jap made gun. They have helped put many of our manufactures out of business and this is after starting World War Two, killing, maiming and torturing untold numbers of innocent woman, children and men.

[Linked Image]

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is no pride, common sense or logic to buy a jap made gun. They have helped put many of our manufactures out of business and this is after starting World War Two, killing, maiming and torturing untold numbers of innocent woman, children and men.

Yup and lets all stand up and cheer for what the United States Government did for the Native peoples of the North American continent. It was so wonderful the way those Indians were treated....
Sheesh don't look at the sticker on the backside of your computer.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ranch13
Yup and lets all stand up and cheer for what the United States Government did for the Native peoples of the North American continent. It was so wonderful the way those Indians were treated....
Sheesh don't look at the sticker on the backside of your computer.

Getting way off topic, but what else is new around here? Fact is the White man didn't do anything to the American Indians or the Africans that their own people didn't do to them first. (Slavery, wars, pushing one tribe off of certain land, etc.)

Back to the point, I'd rather have an original as well. Hopefully one of these days I will...

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

Or car, or truck!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cal74
[Getting way off topic, ...

Take it up with Savage 99 he's twice in this thread shown he's a dumbass and don't know history or know Germany started World War 2.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
M
Mak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The Japs attacked Pearl Harbor in 1941. By this time WW2 had been going on since 1939. Here's the kicker, our people had broken the Japanese code, and were monitoring their communications. The only people surprised by Pearl Harbor were the the poor dumb bastards sacrificed so Americans would be pissed enough to go to war.
Previous to this event, America suspended sales of scrap metal to Japan. Japan, having little in the way of steel manufacturing, was heavily dependent upon those sales. Analysts knew it would pressure the Island nation.
Wake was another giveaway. The Japs had their hands full with the spirited defense put up by the small American garrison, but the brass, and the navy, decided to let them hang.
Lots of Americans were killed by the Japanese in WW2. How many of these deaths happened because of strategic choices made by American high command? Most, if not all.
A soldier cannot decide their fate, they do as they are ordered to do, even if these orders mean they will be sacrificed, and killed.
By the way, the same holds true for the Japs.
Our manufacturing has been off shored because the geniuses who run manufacturing care more about their own profit than the well being of their country. It just so happens that they have bought American politicians to make it all happen.
I'm not happy that most of the Winchester offerings are imports, but the truth is that these imports really are well made, well functioning examples.
Miroku uses premium steel, and their fit and finish is very well executed.
No, these will never match the craftsmanship of the real Winchester 71 made by Americans hands, but then those hands are long gone, as is the factory they were made in.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The people who run our land, in the USA have let Japan and others buy up realistate and let manufacturers move plants out of our country to Japan (Steel Industry back in the mid 70's) We purchase more than you think from those countries. Just don't ever forget Dec. 7 1941 and remember their sacrifice!

Nowdays try buying something with a tag on it that says made in the USA!

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mak
The Japs attacked Pearl Harbor in 1941. By this time WW2 had been going on since 1939. Here's the kicker, our people had broken the Japanese code, and were monitoring their communications. The only people surprised by Pearl Harbor were the the poor dumb bastards sacrificed so Americans would be pissed enough to go to war.

Historical urban legend at it's worst. We were decoding about one word in ten all the way through 1942. While I'll agree we should have seen this coming we did not have their codes broken to the extent it would have given us a date certain for the attack. The only thing we knew for sure was about twelve hours before the attack when the jap embassy was told to destroy all their encoding gear. At Wake Island the Navy had indeed launched a relief force but when Major Deveraux sent out a very poorly worded message "situation still in doubt" and nothing else, CINCPAC though they were on the verge of losing and with only one operational carrier at the time, we pulled back. I can't fault you for not buying jap stuff, no problem at all, but your historical perspective is totally off the mark.
%

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Ranch13
Originally Posted by cal74
[Getting way off topic, ...

Take it up with Savage 99 he's twice in this thread shown he's a dumbass and don't know history or know Germany started World War 2.

Germany started the war....but Japan brought the US into the war.. it all started for the US when Japan attacked, so to some people of the US may view Japan as "Starting" the war and they are not totally incorrect.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
My son inherited an original 71 from my ex father in law. He sold it for $150 to raise money for a down payment on his house.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wish i could come across a deal like that!!! $150...next you will tell us it was like new.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mak
Previous to this event, America suspended sales of scrap metal to Japan. Japan, having little in the way of steel manufacturing, was heavily dependent upon those sales. Analysts knew it would pressure the Island nation.
Wake was another giveaway. The Japs had their hands full with the spirited defense put up by the small American garrison, but the brass, and the navy, decided to let them hang.
Lots of Americans were killed by the Japanese in WW2. How many of these deaths happened because of strategic choices made by American high command? Most, if not all.
A soldier cannot decide their fate, they do as they are ordered to do, even if these orders mean they will be sacrificed, and killed.
By the way, the same holds true for the Japs.
Our manufacturing has been off shored because the geniuses who run manufacturing care more about their own profit than the well being of their country. It just so happens that they have bought American politicians to make it all happen.
I'm not happy that most of the Winchester offerings are imports, but the truth is that these imports really are well made, well functioning examples.
Miroku uses premium steel, and their fit and finish is very well executed.
No, these will never match the craftsmanship of the real Winchester 71 made by Americans hands, but then those hands are long gone, as is the factory they were made in.

If you want to recite ww 2 history you may want to look at September 1931. Look at the entire war not just the part that makes your personal point.

8mmwapiti

M
Mak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It is accepted history that the Japanese code was broken before the Pearl Harbor attack. WW2 began in 1939, NOT 1931. If you want to be a smart ass, at least your dates correct.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mak
It is accepted history that the Japanese code was broken before the Pearl Harbor attack. WW2 began in 1939, NOT 1931. If you want to be a smart ass, at least your dates correct.

In September 1931 the Japanese invaded Manchuria and China and approximately 20 million Chinese died by the end of ww 2. But to some I have to conclude you are among them dead Chinese do not count.

And many on the fire would appreciated it (I am one of the many) if you could keep the discussion civil and not resort to the juvenile use of profanity and name calling.

8mmwapiti

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
595 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12308300, 160user, 17CalFan, 53 invisible), 2,706 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,737
Posts18,401,102
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.