Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick
X's get superfluous,very fast. Reticles and aiming point,matter muchly.

I've never had to swap glass,to wring a rifle out.................

Ditto.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think someones already posted this but it's worth repeating: Since x's are superfluous is why all of the bench rest shooters use 2.5 Tascos. Does anyone remember we're developing a load here, not seeing how well the rifle can shoot?

Aim for the exit hole.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stillbeeman
I think someones already posted this but it's worth repeating: Since x's are superfluous is why all of the bench rest shooters use 2.5 Tascos. Does anyone remember we're developing a load here, not seeing how well the rifle can shoot?

"Thinking" very obviously ain't your longsuit and to frost same,you don't shoot much.

Feel free to quantify X's in lineal extrapolation from say Hunter Benchrest and their 6x ceiling,to say Light Varmint,without such roadblocks.

If only for starters.

Laffin'!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Stillbeeman: No denying the larger scope brings out the best in the rifle,which is a benchrest rifle built to the highest accuracy standards....

But if i have a hunting rifle,and hunting power scope delivering sub MOA groups, or (say) three shots touching at 100 yards;or doing the equivilent at 300-400 yards,holding MOA,frequently less,there is not much need to prove much more about the rifle.

This is not hard to do with a 4-6X scope if one suits the aim point to the reticle size so that one holds tight and small....say a 1" orange dot at 100 yards with a 4X(this is about what center of reticle subtends).We increase this to a 3" dot at 300 yards,in order to hold tightly, etc etc,and this is what I shoot when flopped field prone at 300 yards,and frequently hold groups of about MOA.

Among the smallest groups that I have ever fired were 3 shots in basically one hole;this with 150 gr Fusions from a pre 64 M70 FW 30/06, with a 3X leupold.

With a varmint rifle,different criteria of course given the size of the intended quarry smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Bob, What I'm talking about is that we are comparing the accuracy of different loads. One against another. And the easy way to determine which load is gonna give you that sub MOA is by mounting a higher powered scope on the rifle. Admitted that in the field, a 1" rifle and a 1.5" rifle are gonna make little difference but when you're practicing, those one inchers sure look better. smile

And once again, BS, having nothing of value to add, reaches into his bottomless sack of rude, nasty, garbled one-liners and makes a post. Proving once again that he is a shallow, trite, mean-minded little person. Does your job as assistant night manager at the 7/11 and having to take orders from your boss,Mohammed build up that much anger in you? Have you thought about changing careers? Maybe bus boy at a Denny's?

FYI, they shot matches to several hundred yards using receiver sights. What is your gargled, semi-literate point?

Aim for the exit hole.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I simply reached into the Fact Sack.

The point was/is that Agg's do not shrink in lineal correlatin to X's going up...nor even close. But reticle configuration and aiming point matter muchly.

To cheer you up,I could crush you with my wallet...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You are truly pitiful. I would suggest that you run, don't walk, run to the nearest mental aid station and throw yourself on their mercy.
No one suggested that inproving your aiming point, like improving any of your eq, was linear; but rather a casse of diminishing returns. To make it really, really simple for you, and to make it easy for whomever is reading this for you, if you buy a scope for $800, it is not gonna be twice as good as a $400 scope. But it will be better. You have to decide if the gain in performance is worth the extra cash.
You could probably crush me with your big, fat tongue. ROFLMAO!

Aim for the exit hole.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are the mercy of your "experience" and "intellect",neither of which is a purty picture.

Weaver T-Series glass abounds in a multitude of magnifications and will resolve all that there is to know about a rifle/load and for under 400 clams. Fire your Imagination up,as only you can and feel free to find me "mistaken" anywhere and I'll happily rub your nose in your own stupidity...again.

You poor little do-nothin' windowlickin' DREAMERS,crack me the [bleep] up..............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
three shots touching

Is that vertically or horizontally?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Have your care-giver read you my posts and you'll find that the scope I use for load developement is a T12.

If you feel that your childish name calling and general non-sensical babbling is "rubbing one's nose in his stupidity" then you're doing a hell of a job. But if you're depending on posts with some substance and knowledge and passable english, to prove your point, you're still on the turnip truck, Skippy.

That suggestion about you seeking help at a mental health clinic is still on the table.

Tell me something, since you have such a problem composing a intellegent sentence, is English your first language?

Aim for the exit hole.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You are the mercy of your "experience" and "intellect",neither of which is a purty picture.

Weaver T-Series glass abounds in a multitude of magnifications and will resolve all that there is to know about a rifle/load and for under 400 clams. Fire your Imagination up,as only you can and feel free to find me "mistaken" anywhere and I'll happily rub your nose in your own stupidity...again.

You poor little do-nothin' windowlickin' DREAMERS,crack me the [bleep] up..............

Hey SlickySticky, You sure must drink alot, you get into an awful lot of pizzing matches. You must buy by the keg, and keep YKK zipper company in business. wink

Swifty

Last edited by Swifty52; 02/26/11.

Swifty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stillbeeman
Have your care-giver read you my posts and you'll find that the scope I use for load developement is a T12.

If you feel that your childish name calling and general non-sensical babbling is "rubbing one's nose in his stupidity" then you're doing a hell of a job. But if you're depending on posts with some substance and knowledge and passable english, to prove your point, you're still on the turnip truck, Skippy.

That suggestion about you seeking help at a mental health clinic is still on the table.

Tell me something, since you have such a problem composing a intellegent sentence, is English your first language?

You can't even keep pace with your own [bleep] stupidity and I dig how you change tunes,in order to showcase ALL of that stupidity. Fairly impressive!

You mentioned 12x,never cited a T-Series until now and interestingly enough,that "Trump Card" does not meld with your prior assertion which stated: "To make it really, really simple for you, and to make it easy for whomever is reading this for you, if you buy a scope for $800, it is not gonna be twice as good as a $400 scope. But it will be better. You have to decide if the gain in performance is worth the extra cash.".

You do-nothin'/don't shoot dumbphucks crack me up.....................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Hey SlickySticky, You sure must drink alot, you get into an awful lot of pizzing matches. You must buy by the keg, and keep YKK zipper company in business. wink

Swifty

Tap water is an unfair advantage.................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
People, we are indeed lucky to have made the acquaintence of one such as himself. No one or nothing is perfect, but Dippy Stick comes the closest to being perfect as anyone I have ever seen.

A perfect, in-bred idiot, that is.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you find me "mistaken",feel free to copy/paste that and I'll use smaller words and rub your nose in your own stupidity.

Like this treat,which quantifies your "vast experience" and the ease in which you talk out your ass.

LINK

You go girl!..............

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That I use a 12X to load develope is germaine; if I did or didn't specify that it was a T model, isn't. But it was a cute little dodge. I might even say it was above average for you.

Well, you're starting to repeat your trashy, trite little abuses so let's wind this up. Just remember, sadly, no matter how you try to avoid the fact, you are one simple, shallow POS that is just desperate for attention of any sort. You really do need help.

Aim for the exit hole.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sweetie...try "germane".

Good call to refrain all things the rifle,even though you were doing soooooooooo "good",illustrating the Dumbphuck How-To Handbook..

Laffin'!................

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Sweetie...

Watch out Beeman. He will blow you a kiss next,Then Aim for the exit hole.!!!!!!!!!!! laugh

Swifty

Last edited by Swifty52; 02/26/11.

Swifty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She's "special" and needs coddled along.

Just don't tease her about her crossed-eyes...................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you find me "mistaken",feel free to copy/paste that and I'll use smaller words and rub your nose in your own stupidity.

Like this treat,which quantifies your "vast experience" and the ease in which you talk out your ass.

LINK

You go girl!..............

As much as I hate to admit it, you do have enough sense to understand what I was talking about. You just had your head so far up MontanaRoadKill's and DJPaintless' azzhole that you couldn't see daylight. If you will pull your head out and quit trying to suck these two, you might understand what I said about heat treat and steel.

You said point out what you said was wrong. Everything you said about steel and sharpening and knives in general was wrong. It was so far wrong that you wern't even in the ball park.

You, I will give credit for having a little sense, but many crazies are very smart, so don't go getting the Big Head to go along with your Big Stick. But when you get togather with the two mentioned above, and I will add .458 Lott and one more, who I don't remember, the total IQ drops to less than room temperature.

I will not try to explain it again. I explained it on the link. Four of you did not understand it, because they are too stupid. All you have to do is pull your head out and re-read it, and, whether you will admit it or not, and probably not, you will find out that I was correct in what I said.

However, I don't have to prove anything to you. I have already proved it to anyone who wants to know.

For awhile, I thought you were stupid, but you're not. You are just mean as a snake and jealous and envious of anyone who is smarter than you and knows more than you, and get some sort of sick kick from cutting others down. I know scientist who would like to study you.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (01Foreman400, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 72 invisible), 3,024 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,259
Posts18,467,093
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.