Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The WSMR hunt does add new meaning to the word "Shotgun Start"....

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I have had issues with George as well. Years ago when I first started to apply for tags out west,I let George put in for my tags the first year.

I didn't draw anything and hired another outfitter to apply for my tags.

Without informing me,George went on a state website some years later and used my personal information that he had on file to remove my new outfitters name and replace it with his own.

That year I had some preference points and drew a primo elk tag,but George is listed as the outfitter.

I called him and confronted him. He told me that I had signed a contract that made him my agent for life. When I reminded him we hadn't spoken or coresponded in years and that I had been using the services of another guy,he said too bad.

He said I could hire him for the hunt I had just drawn or he would burn my tag,which was in his hands.

I offered him one thousand dollars to let me use my tag without his services. He said no. Either hire him or lose the tag.

I told him to burn the thing.

I sent him a registered letter the next day,informing him in writing that he no longer represented me.

I have not spoken to him since,but am not surprised at anything he might pull.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'd have contacted an attorney at that point to see if he was right or not.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This George guy appears to be a royal douche......

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Agent for life, huh? It isn't any wonder he and Jess Rankin get along....

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SSB
Agent for life, huh? It isn't any wonder he and Jess Rankin get along....

Yep,

It reminds me of the poltical version who declare themselves 'President for life".

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
USO is a royal pain in the ass, a couple years ago they were locking gates on county maintained roads leading to BLM. land. After trying differant ways to get in we called the local BLM ranger and she told us to cut the locks and go through if we had something to cut the lock without tearing up the gates. About a mile past the gate we ran into 2 guides and hunters, things went down hill from there, before it was all over we had the BLM. ranger and 2 state police officers out there but what really pissed me off is no citations were written.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Sure enough, the oryx started moving our way just like we hoped they would and started to come up a draw that would lead them right under us and allow for a 250 yard shot. �They are coming our way when they stop and look directly below us, we couldn't figure out what was up with that as we were not skyline and tucked into some cover. �No way they had seen us. �They stand there and stare when we look 200 yards below us and to our right and see Taulmans spotter running down the hill to try to spoon the oryx back to Taulman who was now down on the flat and glassing back our way. �I yelled at the kid to sit the F down and quit moving, which he did, but it was too late. �The oryx were bumped out from underneath us. �I was so mad I couldn't see straight! �I thought we would see him again and I knew it wouldn't be a good experience if I did but we never crossed paths again the rest of the hunt.

The spotter kid is lucky he didn't find himself "between" an oryx and a hunter when the hunter decided to shoot. Obviously you wouldn't have had the girl shoot the kid (and I wouldn't either), but he might be surprised at how many folks might decide to shoot "past" him, given the circumstances.

Is George Taulman the outfitter who caused Arizona to require a hunt applicant to buy a license as a prerequisite for applying for a tag?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
USO has a facebook and twitter page if anyone was so inclined to leave a little feedback...just sayin.

Life is hard,its even harder when you are stupid.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I wonder how much of this kind of thing had to do what what Montana just did in taking away the outfitter sponsered licenses? I will sure remember Taulman as many on this forun will

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thinking oryx hunting in those conditions is not something I'd pay the state of New Mexico for. Cool looking critters but no desire to deal with that circus.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is almost nothing bad that you could tell me about Taulman that I would find hard to believe. I have run across the SOB twice and (somewhat regretfully) kept my hunting partner from shooting him the second time. Every time I drive by USO's headquarters I can't help but wonder why they are still alive and in business.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just to give you guys a little info about my friend and his daughter, they are inseparable! Seriously, they are best friends and he takes her on a ton of hunts with him, she went to the Northwest Territories last summer for a backpack sheep hunt and she packed all her own stuff.

This season alone she drew some amazing tags! She drew the John Day tag in Oregon for California Bighorn and she killed a huge ram. She drew the oryx tag and killed a great bull and she drew a mule deer tag in Utah off a $5 raffle at the hunt expo. She is definitely toting a golden horseshoe but there's not a more appreciative kid. She would rather hunt than do anything else in the world.

Another thing, she is a KILLER! If something makes the mistake of getting out in front of her she'll put a hurting on it. I am just thankful that I was invited to share that hunt with her and her dad. I'll never forget it

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Huntsonora - you are to be commended on your hard work and determination on putting that young gal on a great bull!

Looking forward to seeing the photos of the hunt.

Congrats to both of you, persevering through a tough situation.

Guy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good on the young lady and HS for making the hunt successful, despite the adversity.

I like the idea of hunting Oryx in NM, but the circus sounds like some of the "premium" deer zones I drew in CA crazy

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whats she use for a rifle Drum?

Thx
Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I don't mean to play the devil's advocate, but if it hadn't been George it would have been somebody else. I also hunted the missile range and Rhodes Canyon. The hunters' sprint from the gate was like a modern day Sooner Land Rush!

Everyone seems to get a nice oryx, though, including me.....and you. But the helter-skelter aspect of the hunt sure seems to knaw at the aesthetics of the experience.

Maybe the authorities should pass out a free supply of Xanax to everyone......

I was hoarding when hoarding wasn't cool.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have hunted with Drum, and there is alot of guys I would prolly lock horns with, but he is not one of them. I have seen Drum go, and its not pretty. George prolly has no idea what he missed out on. As for George, he has the Floyd Lee ranch leased which is our ranches Complete East fence line. I have to deal with them every year.

Toby Joe

Last edited by TOBYJOETRUBY; 03/01/11.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
USO does the same thing in unit 16, claims all the fire towers as their own for spotting. Nearly shot one of their planes when they were not only spotting with them they were hazing Elk out of the Canyons with them the second day of the season. The look on the pilots face was priceless when he caught the reflection off the rifle scope. Not saying this was in anyway the right thing to do (it wasn't), it was just an unthoughtful reflex when it happened.

Congratulations for the fine hunt and keeping your cool in a situation where to not do so would have set the wrong example and made for a far worse experience.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TOBYJOETRUBY
I have hunted with Drum, and there is alot of guys I would prolly lock horns with, but he is not one of them. I have seen Drum go, and its not pretty. George prolly has no idea what he missed out on. As for George, he has the Floyd Lee ranch leased which is our ranches Complete East fence line. I have to deal with them every year.

Toby Joe

Thats funny! I am 6'4" and 245lbs but my buddy whos daughter drew the tag makes me look small, hes 6'6" and about 285lbs. Taulman is a ballsy little weasel.

The thought was running through my head that if I whipped his ass and word got out I would never have to buy a drink during hunting season in just about any western state. The man that does is will instantly become a legend. Problem with Taulman is you can bet your ass you'll get sued if you do it

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
210 members (358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,181 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,645
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.