-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Legally killing deer is NOT murder. I salute fellow Volunteer State hunter DA for contributing to the following story in my local paper today:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) � Tennessee deer hunters have contributed a record amount of venison to feed the hungry.
The Tennessee Wildlife Federation says this season's Hunters for the Hungry program brought in nearly 56 tons of donated venison. That's up 9 percent from last year's amount.

Program coordinator Matt Simscox says the TWF hopes more hunters will donate a dollar to the Hunters for the Hungry program as they renew their hunting and fishing licenses.

The federation has placed chest freezers at several locations for hunters to donate part of their venison as they pick it up from the processors.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can kill a couple of does and yearlings a year with a stick, so shooting a dumpster load of them with a rifle doesn't prove someone's prowess or level of skill.

A matter of fact, it usually demonstrates a lack of it and points to other things that guarantee folks who hunt that way will never set foot on my clubs.

JM

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A lot will see it as bragging... I see it as a deer hunting obsessed guy letting it all out. Nothing wrong with that. If we were allowed more than one tag per year, I'd probably be right there at it with him. And if the deer pops can withstand the level of killing he describes - no harm. Nothing wrong with killing and donating meat - as long as it's not wasted, someone would be grateful to have it.

Nice photo's and story... working on your smile in the pics though.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by ColdCase1984
Legally killing deer is NOT murder.

I disagree.

He is going out and purposefully KILLING deer for the fun of it....

Its just a bonus and excuse for him to "donate" them....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So is shooting prairie dogs murder?

Is shooting feral hogs murder?

Is shooting 15 doves in an afternoon murder?

Is catching a limit (20) trout murder?

Is killing fireants murder?

Murder is killing humans, and it's a felony.

Is killing hundreds of cows or chickens in a processing plant murder?

Animals are not humans and killing animals is not murder.

Are you a member of PETA?

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Did you ever think we could be loosing a fellow hunter? kawi. I hope Iam wrong.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Great Post and alot of great pics there! cool
I commend you for helping out those less fortunate and also for taking the time to bring in a younger generation to carry on the traditional values of not only the harvest, but also helping out thier neighbors needs.
There just dead animals, there here to EAT...Some seem to have forgotten that fact. You guys that continually try to put deer (bucks/antlers) on some kind of pedistal above the everything else are a dimented bunch in your own right IMO...sorry, but I just don't buy into it....Just because some of you guys don't agree with somebody doesn't neccesarily make your opinion any more than what it is...

Legaly harvested animals are being MURDERED by one persons definition!? crazy crazy crazy Just what are YOU doing to positively promote the sport of hunting in the eyes of the non hunting public TOM264??? confused calling other hunters murderers?? crazy crazy THATS MESSED UP DUDE!! Are you a member of an animal right group? confused

Ley em get older,lol laugh ...no offence but If I want em any older I will let em hang in the cooler another week! smirk grin
Haratio Hornblower!!! laugh , Hate to break it to ya but thats gregory peck!!! You guys don't beleive everything you see on tv do you!!!...Thats why hunting has gone to crap in the last several years...90% of the "hunters" out there anymore are buying into the a financial based, edited, tv productins and trying to be bill jerdon. And when it doesn't pan out for YOU like it sells itself on TV then YOU guys have nobody to blame but EVERYBODY ELSE.....well...., welcome to real world if you can ever find your way back!! whistle wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To the new troll above who is too cowardly to come out and debate the point with his normal handle...

That's about as transparent as trying to justify killing 30 odd animals in a season by claiming to be the meat Santa of Tennessee. whistle
----------------------------------
Back to the topic,

I don't have a problem with it if it's not done where I hunt.

We let a friend in a couple of years ago. He shot 4 deer in one hunt (all does and yearlings). At the time, we went by Ms. State game regs, so you could take 4 does in a season, but not at once.

When we told him he was done on his does for the year, he brought his 6 yr. old son and killed 3 more on another hunt.

Came back to the camp claiming the kid had shot them, he had a scope ring on his eye where that tiny .223 rifle had popped him.

Sent him on his merry way right then and there.

1 guy like that can cause more schit at a camp than a PETA convention.

They usually have to hunt alone, as other hunters are put off by their actions and have nothing to do with them.

Is it murder, hell no. It's selfishness and greed. It's taking more than your fair share, which is a no-no where I grew up.

As Tom pointed out, donating the meat is a cover for this guys greed. It's about crackin' & stackin', otherwise he wouldn't have tried to slip in all those self serving compliments and the facial expression in the picks are telling as well.

Read between the lines, He simply wants to be acknowledged as a super hunter. Just look at his name here for pete's sake. DEER ASSASSIN....

Poor guy he told on himself, but those seeking approval and attention usually do.

JM

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Nope, not a troll,...or a coward.... smile
I don't care how you hunt on your place or who you let or don't let hunt there...Thats your business and no concern of mine. cool

I think legality is the only issue here, and what is there to debate on the legal issue? It either is or it isn't...there is no debate...
If there legal, than other than your opinion, who cares what you think? confused Do you really think the folks benefiting from others generosity cares if the meat they are eating was the first deer killed or the last? If someone(anyone) wants to hunt the way they want to within the legal boundries of the law it is none of YOUR business what they decide to do..unless of course its on a place that you have GODLY controll over then you can do however ever you see fit wink ... with guys like some of you all around who needs peta!? crazy...
Now re-read the very first line in your response to me... is that really any way to welcome a new member?... frown

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
2 posts... nice. Thats a giveaway if I ever saw one.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Abortion is legal, don't make it right though.

My post was not directed at the legality of what he does, it simply addressed his motivation for why he does it, based on his own posts.

It's there in black and white. Like I said, he told on himself.

I am a great killer, I see an opportunity and I execute the plan. I am versatile I have killed deer with recurve bow, compound bow, crossbow and sidelock ml, inline ml, and smokeless ml, rifle and pistol, If it was legal Id try to kill one with a spear.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by rost495
2 posts... nice. Thats a giveaway if I ever saw one.

A give away for what?... confused
What am I giving away just because I'm not gonna label a man as a murderer for HUNTING!? crazy For legaly killing more animals tha I THINK he should?
Because I am not gonna call a man out for posting in away that I THINK they should be doing it...
Because I'm not gonna post cute little pics and make little inuindo remarks because heaven forbid somebody else does somethin differantly than the way I THINK they should!...
Give away what? I still don't understand that confused You got a mind and a key board friend, use em, cause I don't know how to read em!... laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If someone posts something controversial on here you are going to get a myriad of responses.

Don't offer up, "I kill 30+ deer every year" and claim you are a "Great Killer", then act dumbfounded when someone disagrees with the practice.

Holy schit...

JM

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Abortion is legal, don't make it right though.

My post was not directed at the legality of what he does, it simply addressed his motivation for why he does it, based on his own posts.

It's there in black and white. Like I said, he told on himself.

I am a great killer, I see an opportunity and I execute the plan. I am versatile I have killed deer with recurve bow, compound bow, crossbow and sidelock ml, inline ml, and smokeless ml, rifle and pistol, If it was legal Id try to kill one with a spear.

So now your equating the mans hunting outlook to comitting abortion? crazy crazy

If the man is hunting legally what is MORALY wrong with what he is doing as long as he is LEGAL and helping reach the managment goals set up for the units that he is hunting in? confused ...
Forget about him moses,...explain your position on hunting and killing to me...the deer assain has explaind hisself very openly and honestly about his position. He likes the kill, so what confused ....You other guys are where I am having trouble understanding what you all think it means to hunt and kill something. Why do you guys have a problem with anyone that LEGALY takes advantage of a renewable resource? (which in TN you could legaly kill a couple of hundred deer a year) ...Because in REALITY that is all game animals are a renewable resource. JUST LIKE PINE TREES. You think a man should live in a 10x10 shack just because thats what you think everyone should do? crazy ...Anybody that puts any kind of an exalted or spritual attachment to deer or any other animals are the ones with the real issues in MY OPINION, not a man that is offering up releif to folks in tough times......

Geezee...you guys get your panties in wad like this all the time!?... cry crazy

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
If someone posts something controversial on here you are going to get a myriad of responses.

Don't offer up, "I kill 30+ deer every year" and claim you are a "Great Killer", then act dumbfounded when someone disagrees with the practice.

Holy schit...

JM

I went back and re read the entire post again...I didn't see where the man was "dumbfounded" about any of the responces to his post..some folks did want why he didn't smile anymore than he did...A few others did slight and try to belittle the guy because of thier own personal issue but I never did see where he addressed those in any kind of a defencive manner that I could see. 30 deer a year may not be a great killer in some folks book, but in my book I think its a pretty good start if killin is your goal! wink grin

Personally, I started to say that if I couldn't grow a beard any better than that I wouldn't be smiling either, or putting my mug in any of my pictures...But then that would just running my mouth off about my own position and giving a reflection of the duece bag that it would surely make me appear to be... smile

One more thing...just what is holy schit... confused
You know, I have heard that forever it seems like...Is there really such a thing as holy schit?...And how do you recognise it when you see it?. I reckon I have seen and can identify nearly every knid of schit in the woods where I hunt at but I just don't know that I would ever be able to identife holy schit if i ever came across it...Do have any pics of it?....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are the dumbfounded one....

Went over your head, but I can't say that I'm suprised.

It is what it is. Spewing nonsense and excuses won't change it, but I'm sure you will continue to do so.

Thanks for the entertainment, slow day at work.

JM

p.s.

Originally Posted by tndrbstr
a reflection of the duece bag that it would surely make me appear to be...

It's spelled douche bag.

laffin'

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
well moses I may be dumbfounded..I reckon I have might have even been called worse at times....
But to even go so far as to call me out, or anyone else, as a coward and to be posting under another user name just because you don't like what I have said, in reality, just makes you clueless.... smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So much for hoping Swampy was an only child...

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You are the dumbfounded one....

Went over your head, but I can't say that I'm suprised.

It is what it is. Spewing nonsense and excuses won't change it, but I'm sure you will continue to do so.

Thanks for the entertainment, slow day at work.

JM

p.s.

Originally Posted by tndrbstr
a reflection of the duece bag that it would surely make me appear to be...

It's spelled douche bag.

laffin'

LOL,..I guess it depends on what kind of bike you ride! laugh ...
Thats is an inside joke, which if i had to explain it you would most likely not understand....
I'm still waiting on the pic of that holy schit...and by the way , that ain't the way that [bleep] is spelled either... whistle

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Duece, LOL. You even managed to spell that wrong genius.... It's Deuce... blush

I can't educate the ignorant in one day, but here are some pointers.

(SCHIT): That's one way you can spell it here so the stupid can get the message, otherwise it's bleeped out and leaves them guessing and frustrated. grin

Like in your post above Poindexter....

Example:

You are full of schit.

You are full of [bleep].

See the difference? Try this, it may help you with your english. Thank me later.

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 39 invisible), 1,986 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,065
Posts18,463,483
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.