Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
......Savage = you can't polish a turd...period! Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
BP-B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
As with the Savage, turds don't need polishing. They are what they are.

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have not dabbled with the Bergers. I don't feel they are worth the expense when so many other bullets at under half the price do twice as much. I'm not calling anyone a liar, I guess my pixie dust powder mixture is working ;o) Flinch

i am paying about 37.00 per 100 for berger 168, where canI find these other bullets mentioned for 1/2 price of the bergers, i would like to invest in some

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Amaxs are $22 a hundred in my area. I bought them for $15 last year. I have some with the price tag of $8 on them. You just need to shop around. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i would like to find them at those prices locally, shipping always kills me,,, i am paying 32-37 per 100 for 7mm amax up here in montana

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ouch...that truly sucks. That make factory loads look pretty good sometimes ;o)Flinch

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I don't mean to pick a fight with anybody, truly I don't. But being a lefty shooter, we just don't have all the options, gun-wise, that you righty's have. Our choices have always been limited, moreso in the old days, not quite as bad now, but still nowhere's like a righty enjoys. I've got lefty Savages, they shoot fine. I've got a lefty Ruger that never much impressed me, but that could just be me, too. Some people are impressed with some rifles, and I might be impressed and own one, too, if they made a left-handed model. I don't live in Alaska and am not out in all the bad weather Big Stick is, and I don't shoot as much as he does. Different people have both different needs and different demands of their equipment. I try to listen to people, even those who choose differently than myself, so that I might learn something. I've been reading Big Stick, in a different forum, and now because of it I'm looking to pick up a synthetic/ss rifle, not because I need it here, but because someday I might need it somewhere, and he makes good sense in that regard. My prob is, once again, it has to be a lefty. So the choices available to Big Stick aren't necessarily available to me. Although I am looking at a Ruger laminate/ss, which almost seems as close as I could get to something Big Stick might approve of. Or maybe not. I've got Savages, Remmies, and Marlins. I run what I can, on a variety of different criteria. I don't say what I shoot is The End-of-the-World Best, but right now it works for me, and I'm always open to suggestions and observations.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I was just readiing another thread on a similar issue elsewhere, and I took a look at the Montana Rifle Company page. They show an Xtreme Weather Rifle, but it's not out in lefty yet, although they say lefty versions will be available in the near future. The prices aren't all that bad compared to rifles from the usual suspects. Mebbeso I'll keep an eye on them and wait for them to come out in a lefty version.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
467 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 46 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 974 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.