Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
3030Man Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Hi All
It just to occurred to me that many may not know who or what Messianic�s are. I am taking a big step in this as I have lost many good Christian friends by telling them and those that know me. You could say that I am coming out of the closet. It is like being half Indian and half White in the old west days or one parent is a Christian and the other parent Jew. You are heated by both sides.
Well, Hear goes. God, give me strength.

The best way for me to tell you is to have you look over the web site that is very close to our beliefs.
http://www.israelnet.tv/oliveBranch/index.html

I do attend a different congregation then the web site I am giving you because the web site where I attend is small and doesn�t offer much FAQ and is more for our members to post gatherings and times and dates. We are small.

What is my motive ?
I smell coffee, may I join you and come into the camp and sit by the fire and fellowship with you?

30-30 Man

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You are certainly welcome to fellowship in Christ Jesus
YAHSHU Meassiah, and in the NAMEe of the LORD:

Yod (y)

He (h)

Vav (w)

He (h)

with me...
Many of my predecessors were jewish..as were many Christians going back to the early church.

one of many sites which talk about our 'GOD'..
He does have a NAME, as well as many titles that describe His person and works..

Do you know His NAME and do you call upon the NAME of the Lord and ASK in the NAME of His son for all you would need for LIFE?

http://www.ldolphin.org/Names.html

He is the great I AM..

He is LIGHT..jim

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"In the name of" is an idiom for "under the authority of."

I haven't heard or read either example in decades, but both used to be fairly common:

"Stop, in the name of the law!"

Mounties used to say "you're under arrest in the name of the [king, queen]." (Maybe they still do, for all I know.)

The Roman officer who asked Jesus to heal his servant (Matthew 8 and Luke 7) knew the importance of being under authority to be authorized to command with authority:

[i]For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

(emphasis added)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

3030Man Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
That would be a Kabbalist. We do not believe in that. I am with you Ken.

Blessings

30-30 Man

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For my part ;Have a seat - coffee's over there . I'd pick a settin' log without any knots stickin' out since you will want to be able to roll it back a little when somebody pees in the fire . Course,the smell goes away after awhile .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went to the website. I'm reminded of something in a book I read one time :" Has anything good ever come out of Austin ?"

Just couldn't resist it!

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Ken,
As it concerns spiritual warfare, the AUTHORITY of the NAME of Christ as well as His NAME have effect..so long as the one "useing" the name is in fact authorized to use it
( indwelt by the Holy Spirit, knows and is known of Christ)..otherwise they could be in peril( seven sons of Sceva as case in point).
Those 'users of the NAME had no authority from Christ, yet the NAME did cast out the demons...How is that?

Elsewhere in scriptures, old covenant and new, the faithful called upon the NAME of the Lord for help, guidance, wisdom, deliverence etc as well as singing praises unto His NAME in worship..

Being 'authorized' to use the name is paramount, but even the unsaved can call upon the NAME of the Lord and receive salvation..provided it is not some lesser non-god or lord of the flies..

The Father of all LIFE has a name as does the Son..

IF it is unimportant that we know those names and how to speak, pray,worship or wage spiritual warfare useing them, then why did they bother to tell those covenant partakers among mankind what the names were?

IF the scriptures are true and the actual NAME is of no importance, just the authority..then how come the promise of Christ to his followers seems to have had such dreary results for the needy church and believers over the centuries?

Jn 14;12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Jhn 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Jhn 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it].

Perhaps it is because the majority of the time when believers pray for peace, healing for a brother, wife, child, enablement to withstand satanic attack etc they are simply asking amiss as James said, seeking to consume the answers on their own lusts?

The definition of insanity is said to be repeating again the same things which have failed over and over, expecting a successful outcome.

Judgeing by the lack of God's power in today's church, one wonders if it's leaders are not insane..:) jim

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Just out of curiosity, In looking at your Q&A and statements.

" All the prophets who prophesied concerning the millennial reign of the Messiah confirm that the precepts and instructions of Torah will be taught and applied during the 1,000-youar reign."

Do you believe that animal sacrifices will be offered again during the 1000-youar reign?

3030Man Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
SU35
I am still studying this issue. Revelation is a very hard book. I know that there are many books that say you can now understand the book of Revelation. Just look at any Christian book store and you will know what I mean. The one I am sending you to look over is no different but is not as well known. You may want to write and ask the Olive Branch Congregation. I know that our own Congregation has many diverse opinions on many issues with Revelation. Here is one site I have been studying.

http://www.yashanet.com/studies/revstudy/index.htm

Remember, use your own study to back up what you read. Pray and ask for understanding. You may not get all the answers but don�t stop studying and praying and also remember that it is a commentary. Another book you may want to get and read on this is The Jewish New Testament Commentary by David H. Stern.

http://www.messianicjewish.net/webstore.html

Sorry that I don�t fell qualified to answer at this time.

Blessings

30-30 Man

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
3030Man,

Thank you, I hope you someday feel qualified to answer, at least yourself.

I have no doubts about your salvation, sincerity, and I believe you have a good heart. I'm glad you showed up here to participate.

The reason why I asked is that if indeed as the FAQ's of the web site you showed us do believe that the "precepts and instructions of Torah will be taught and applied during the 1,000-youar reign."
this can only mean that they believe that animal sacrifices will again be offerd in the millinium. The Old Covenant Torah and Jewish economy are based upon this. What you believe for the future can determine and affect how you live today.

This has nothing to do with the book of Revelation.

Any animal sacrifce offered now or then would be an abomination against the Blood of Jesus Christ.

I'm not here to debate you about in, or what the site stated but when I read that I thought oh boy....

Blessings to you too and I really mean that!

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
SU35,

Not debating with you either, but I believe the animal sacrifices will be instituted and then stopped in the tribulation time according to Daniel, and then in the millennium they are kept as a memorial - similar to the Lord's Table for the church age. I don't have the scripture at my fingertips on that one, and I'm pressed for time. I'll try to get back to you.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

3030Man Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
SU35
If you are inclined, check out the recorded sermons from the Olive Branch Congregation. Hollisa Alewine has a new one that I just listened to called �Say thank you.� It�s good. The links are on the left side. You will need to register first. It�s free and only takes a few minutes. If you do listen, let me know how you like it.

http://www.israelnet.tv/program.html

30-30 Man

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,251
Posts18,466,956
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.