[Linked Image]

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by mudhen
Originally Posted by rost495
Man, I could get hooked on #1s too if I didn't still have such hate for Bill Ruger.

I have no love nor hatred for Bill Ruger, but do appreciate his contribution to the revival of classic designs for pistols and rifles during the era when every manufacturer was trying to imitate Roy Weatherby at 1/3 to 1/4 the price. Just curious, what is your beef with him? (FWIW, I do know a fair number of folks in Arizona that used to take issue with his politics...)

The man sided with the antigunners in one of the assault weapons bills on mag capacity... instead of fight, he made all his mags down to 10 voluntarily, and then lobbied RE the definition of assault rifle so that his mini 14s were not touched. Simple and pure greed rather than fight IMHO. He could have done what the others did, amend their products after the fact after he had lost the battle.

I just dont' stomach a man like that in the firearms business. Stand up for your principles. If your principles are like Zumbos, well I dont watch, read or support that ass and never will again. I won't buy new rugers as such, even though I'd love a few red labels. In fact after that fiasco I have only gotten a used #1 and that was a gift, I just refuse. Same like... I think it was Coopers.. won't buy them, though maybe they have been sold to a pro gunner now.... I don't recall but I never had a cooper on my list anyway so no loss to them I suspect.

Pisses me off everytime I see a ruger somewhere. Or think about em. And to think one of my goals was to have one of every caliber 77 ever made. Glad I hadn't started that quite yet...

As to his designs... yep, love the #1. The SA's I can do with or without, I love the Mk1/2s semi auto little 22 pistols. I love the red labels. I loved the 77s, until I realized that they simply were nice looking but a PITA to bed IMHO, and didn't shoot that well generally, especially their failure at the palma businesss.

Mostly though its my chip on my shoulder for the above reasons and no one else need feel that way.

I am sorry for the thread digression... I can't help myself with him.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm new to the ruger no 1, and searching the web for custom project ideas. Doing that I found that one, a true XXX model IMO:

[Linked Image]

shocked

Va t'in tch�re !
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mudhen
Man, I could get hooked on #1s too if I didn't still have such hate for Bill Ruger.
I have no love nor hatred for Bill Ruger, but do appreciate his contribution to the revival of classic designs for pistols and rifles during the era when every manufacturer was trying to imitate Roy Weatherby at 1/3 to 1/4 the price. Just curious, what is your beef with him? (FWIW, I do know a fair number of folks in Arizona that used to take issue with his politics...)
I've read rost495's ignorant and misguided BULLSHIT before. It's the same old, tired, hackneyed horseshit rant regarding statements -- taken out of context -- that Bill Ruger -- an individual who has now been deceased for some years -- made referencing magazine limits. Rost495 doesn't know what in the f*ck he's talking about, much less what point he thinks he's making, doesn't own and likely could never afford a No. 1 in the first place, and commands no influence or respect beyond the ability to prove he can access an internet message board and post moronic ramblings that would -- in any other environment -- be roundly shouted down and castigated for the childish drivel they are. He is a sad little person who seems frustrated by the realization that he has so, so little to offer any discussion or group.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
BT, now tell us what you REALLY think ! (you are, as usual, in the X ring)

7x57, 375 H&H

[Linked Image]

ex 30-06 now 300 H&H Getting a AH fore end, NOS, found in Canada

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Bunch of danged Number One nut cases, we surely do like showing off our rifles! As a rule, they're great looking! Here's mine:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JawnHenry
BT, now tell us what you REALLY think !
There are some basic facts that raise a lot of questions for me. Rost495 obviously and vociferously dislikes Bill Ruger -- now deceased -- Ruger products, and the company Sturm, Ruger Inc. His reasons are ignorant, small-minded, and just plain stupid. He is obviously not interested in ever owning a No. 1, though I would have to question whether a person of his "intellect" could even afford one.

He has chosen to address a group who:
  • Like Ruger products
  • Like Ruger No. 1s
  • Own multiple No. 1s
  • Like to discuss their No. 1s
  • Will likely own more No. 1s as our health and financial situations permit
  • Obviously do not share his moronic point of view
This group has obviously been around a while. Some -- like ENU -- have been active shooters and gun owners since before the No. 1 was first introduced. Outside of rost495, no one is stupid.

I may have missed something, but I think those are the basic facts. Not opinions, FACTS. Knowing the facts, I have to question the motives behind his continued rants. He obviously doesn't want to contribute any constructive discussion to the group. He obviously doesn't want to offer any complimentary commentary. He obviously doesn't want to trade for or buy one of the group's rifles, because, well, it's a Ruger. So I have to ask, just what in the hell is the motive here? Does he think everyone is as profoundly stupid and imbecilic as him? Does he think none of us can discern between a comment taken out of context and straight up BULLSHIT? Does he HONESTLY believe his point of view holds value to everyone outside of his empty little head?

Really, no one gives a good God-damn what you think, rost495. You're just a sad, ignorant little person who's become an annoying buffoon. Allow me to say what is on everyone's mind -- though most are searching for a tactful way to say it -- SHUT THE F*CK UP. (And really, there is no tactful way to say it.)

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Jawn Henry - in the bottom photo of your post - Lordy - that stock looks like it's in motion. Swimming or burning, either way, it's moving. Wow...

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Thanks, Gotta admit the combination of that wood plus my favorite caliber (300 H&H) sent me to the checkbook. Once my stockmaker matches up the color on a the AH fore end it will be a stunner. Wish it were 26" rather than 24" but at least it doesn't have the iron sights like the current offering. (and it is a "red pad"!)
Final goodie was that it, with 100 new cases, dies, a custom trigger and dies was $200 less than the "new" one.

Someday I gotta shoot this one:

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Left to right:

"B" Non-suffix in .243 Win
"A" CHP in .357 Mag.
"A" in .243 Win.
"A" in 7x57 Mauser
"RSI" in .270 Win.
"S" .45-70 GOVT 50th year Anniv.
"AB" .204 Ruger
"S" .375 Boddington Lion
"A" 7x57 "Leopard" (Thanks Lee)

Lifes to short to collect ugly rifles.....

[Linked Image]

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Freedumb1

What is your opinion of the #1? smile

Randy( in awe of your collection)

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by medicman
Freedumb1

What is your opinion of the #1? smile

Randy( in awe of your collection)

I'm such a pig.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bricktop
BT, now tell us what you REALLY think !
There are some basic facts that raise a lot of questions for me. Rost495 obviously and vociferously dislikes Bill Ruger -- now deceased -- Ruger products, and the company Sturm, Ruger Inc. His reasons are ignorant, small-minded, and just plain stupid. He is obviously not interested in ever owning a No. 1, though I would have to question whether a person of his "intellect" could even afford one.

He has chosen to address a group who:
  • Like Ruger products
  • Like Ruger No. 1s
  • Own multiple No. 1s
  • Like to discuss their No. 1s
  • Will likely own more No. 1s as our health and financial situations permit
  • Obviously do not share his moronic point of view
This group has obviously been around a while. Some -- like ENU -- have been active shooters and gun owners since before the No. 1 was first introduced. Outside of rost495, no one is stupid.

I may have missed something, but I think those are the basic facts. Not opinions, FACTS. Knowing the facts, I have to question the motives behind his continued rants. He obviously doesn't want to contribute any constructive discussion to the group. He obviously doesn't want to offer any complimentary commentary. He obviously doesn't want to trade for or buy one of the group's rifles, because, well, it's a Ruger. So I have to ask, just what in the hell is the motive here? Does he think everyone is as profoundly stupid and imbecilic as him? Does he think none of us can discern between a comment taken out of context and straight up BULLSHIT? Does he HONESTLY believe his point of view holds value to everyone outside of his empty little head?

Really, no one gives a good God-damn what you think, rost495. You're just a sad, ignorant little person who's become an annoying buffoon. Allow me to say what is on everyone's mind -- though most are searching for a tactful way to say it -- SHUT THE F*CK UP. (And really, there is no tactful way to say it.)

Did you notice that I own a #1 and happen to love them and red labels but have an issue with past politics.

When you mature you'll figure it all out, but that will take many years.
I generally don't comment to you, so not sure how I can be annoying to you. But I urge you to utilize tools on this site so you don't have to read my comments.

I'll applaud you when you figure out how to use the English language with out all the hysteria, violence, and foul language involved.

I'll agree with ya on this though, my complaining about rugers is somewhat akin to an idiot that doesn't agree with long range hunting, commenting on that particular forum. Though no where in here did I notice this is a ruger only forum, but a single shot on.

I can promise you that I can afford to own them if I so desired.

Nuff of the childish games.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did you notice that I own a #1...
Actually, this is what you posted:
In fact after that fiasco I have only gotten a used #1 and that was a gift, I just refuse.

I generally don't comment to you, so not sure how I can be annoying to you.
Are you really that dense? Do you honestly think ANYONE wants to hear you repeat the EXACT same damned thing over and over again? Jesus Christ, just give us a break.

Though no where in here did I notice this is a ruger only forum, but a single shot on.
Uh, actually this is a RUGER thread. Savvy? And after you posted this "brilliance," it would seem the last place we Ruger fans would have to put up with a sorry ass of your caliber:
Pisses me off everytime I see a ruger somewhere. Or think about em.
And based on that, I will ask you AGAIN, exactly what is it you're trying to do here?

I can promise you that I can afford to own them if I so desired.
Somehow I doubt anyone of your ilk and generally low class status has ever held more than $100 cash in your hands, much less could afford the gasoline to travel to a gun shop.

Nuff of the childish games.
So does that mean we don't have to deal with your inane thread pollution anymore?

my complaining about rugers is somewhat akin to an idiot
Yes, we know. Now hit the road, dickhead.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
BT, now tell us what you REALLY think ! (you are, as usual, in the X ring)

7x57, 375 H&H

[Linked Image]

ex 30-06 now 300 H&H Getting a AH fore end, NOS, found in Canada

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wow that bottom one does have great wood. You should be proud of that one.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
BTW for BrickTop and Yawn Henry, if you'll notice I made one short comment as to why I didn't own but one #1, and then was asked a question.

I replied to that question.

But then I didn't expect either of you two to understand the written word.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Nice English there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice English there.
As long as you understand.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I understand. Won't slow me down though if that was the desired outcome.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I understand. Won't slow me down though if that was the desired outcome.
Allow me to ask AGAIN, what is the purpose for these ignorant little rants of yours? Your "argument" has very little merit and it's damned obvious no one is swayed. You obviously don't have any desire to contribute any technical information, gun show or gun shop finds, relevant experience using a No. 1, etc. So again, what's the point of your continued rants?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

577 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1badf350, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,213 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,301
Posts18,449,049
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.