24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Might as well have been a placebo for me. I have sciatic nerve pain down my left leg and foot. Couldn't tell I was taking it at all.

Deus Juvat

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 270winchester
Might as well have been a placebo for me. I have sciatic nerve pain down my left leg and foot. Couldn't tell I was taking it at all.

It's extremely hard to treat sciatic nerve pain with pain killers. The only relief I have ever gotten for it is from stretching and chiropractic adjustments.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He liked it until it made him drink brake fluid, strip nekkid and get his ass hung on the steeple of a church.

He said Tramadol, not my grandpa's "shine". And for that matter, what's wrong with a good ol' boy having a night out.

The inmates will take crushed Ultram and hold it under the tongue then trap it while drinking the water so as not to swallow it. Then they dry it out and snort it. Anything for a buzz.

Last edited by crosshair; 03/26/11.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by levrluvr
I'm scheduled for a selective nerve root block as well. I'm skeptical, at best, especially since the other two times I've allowed needles in my back put me in the hospital with spinal headaches; the runaway winner of the most intense pain I've ever experienced. Nothing else even comes close.
Supposedly these root blocks will pinpoint where the worst of my issues are. They are not intended to be a permanent solution, or so I've been told. The neurosurgeon I'm seeing uses them to pinpoint where worst of my troubles are coming from, given the large number of discs affected.

I feel for you low pressure headaches are the worst. I had a pituitary tumor that ruptured acting as a fistula allowing my spinal fluid to leak, plus swelling against my optic nerves. Oxy had nothing on the pain. Unfortunately, my MRIs and contrast CT scans occured before the rupture and leak, so the doctors were in no big hurry. A few weeks of low presssure headaches will make you crazy. Ironically my headaches caused by the tumors began 5 days after a spinal injection. They checked me for leak, and found the tumor, but at the time of the MRIs the leak had not occured. I got an appolagy from the doc after surgery. He did not realize what was going on until he got in there rooting around.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Originally Posted by NYH1

Had back surgery Mar. 11th. two weeks ago today! They took two disc's out, the disc between my L4 and L5 vertebra and the disc between my L5 and S1 vertebra and put spacers in there place (on each side of my spine), screws in each side of my L4, L5 and S1 vertebras, affixed rods to them, scraped bone from my pelvis and wrapped it around the rods.

Wow. And I thought I had health problems.

Best of luck to you sir. Hope you get some relief from the surgery. And don't quit fighting those Worker's Comp bastards.

Brian.

The thing that kills me is not only the workers comp insurance company, but the company I work for is they don't seem to bother the career guys and gals that aren't really hurt but don't work, get paid and aren't bothered. You know the guy that has a bad back and can't work, but he rides his Suzuki GSXR 1000 crotch rocket bent over like a pretzel everyday, go's golfing or go's skiing and snowmobiling in the winter. I couldn't even sit on my Yamaha Big Bear 4x4 with a 5' plow on it long enough to plow my driveway. I had a hard time snow blowing my drive way with my Ariens ST1024 Snowblower which is self propelled and pretty much completely automated before the surgery and my wife or neighbor would have to finish it for me some times. that feels real nice, having your wife do what you're supposed to be doing. It's just great. mad

I worked up until a month before my surgery. I just couldn't stand long enough to do anything anymore. My Dr. took me out of work once my surgery was finally approved AND scheduled. The d0che bag lady that handles comp and FLMA for the company actually asked me, "if your surgery isn't until March 11th., why is your Dr. taking you out of work on February 14th.". I've never felt the urge to hit a woman before, but if I could of smacked her though the phone...I would have. Now I just have my lawyer deal with them. I didn't want to hire a lawyer, the company and workers comp insurance company gave me no choice. 13 years of DEDICATED survice even after I was hurt, now they're closing our plant and want to jam as many people up as they can so they can get rid of them. I wasn't going for that one bit. Seen to many good people get screwed. Had to get a good workers comp lawyer. confused

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

IC B2

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I hope your Lawyer sticks it up their a$$ ! laugh

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by EddyBo
NYH1, how long before your moving around? I am probably having something similar mid june, if I can put it off that long. I have a PD trip first week of June that I am not going to miss this year. I have not got into recovery times with my doc, and am curious as to time frame.

The Physical Therapy lady at the hospital got me out of bed and into a chair the day after I had surgery (that hurt like hell!). Then she left me in the chair and said to try to sit in it for two hours and to call the nurses when I wanted to get back into bed. I thought she was crazy. I couldn't move my mid section at all. Not even to move over in bed. It was almost like I was paralyzed, kind of hard to explain. I could move my legs, arms even turn my upper back a little, nothing in my mid section though. It was like that for a week after surgery. Then I started to be able to move my mid section while in bed a little. Now I can move and turn in bed fairly easy. I still have to grab the headboard for assistance. I need to use the walker to go up and down the stairs and to get up while sitting and to sit down. I've been able to walk around the house without it for a few days now as long as I haven't over done it, then I need to use it. It just takes a lot longer to get around without it because I really have to take my time.

I have a few days in a row where I really feel like I'm making progress, then all the sudden I'm out of commission for a day or so. I just have to really take it easy or it catches up to me real quick. I drove my truck twice. Once last Thursday to make sure I could do it and I took the kids to school yesterday. Thursdays trip was a little to long. I was really sore afterwards. Yesterdays trip was about a ten minute trip so it wasn't bad.

I was a little overwhelmed by the surgery. I had my knee scoped in 1991 (was 16) and had hernia surgery in 2000 (was 25). They were both one day surgeries. In in the morning, out in the afternoon. This time I went to the hospital Friday morning and came home the following Monday afternoon. It sucked big time lol. I didn't get a wink of sleep the whole time I was there. My Dr. said it can take up to a year before everything is totally healed up. The bone they scraped from my pelvis and wrapped around the rods takes the longest heal. Doesn't mean that I won't be able to do things sooner. Just have to wait and see. The plant will probably be closed by the time I'm ready to go back to work so I'll probably go right on unemployment. We get NAFTA TAA/TAR benefits because they're sending 90% of our work to Mexico and Canada. Good things to look forward to. frown

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by okok
I hope your Lawyer sticks it up their a$$ ! laugh

I honestly just want to be treated fairly and be taken care of the way I should be.....that's all. I always did the right things for them. Now I need them to do the right things for me. Then we'll part ways.

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the physician assistant who first recommended it to me called it a narcotic derivative, but not narcotic in and of itself.

i view it as a mild pain reliever, which in conjunction with either 1 extra strength tylenol, or 1 200 mg motrin, per 6 hours, will get me through the worst of days...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i take tramadol ER 200s....
1 most working mornings...

Last edited by johnw; 03/26/11.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
716 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 91 invisible), 2,719 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,696
Posts18,399,917
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.