Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
OK - I'm curious. As a mostly whitetail shooter (with camera, Bow & gun but lets stay on topic) I'd be very curious and perhaps learn a few techniques to see what everyone uses. I use 2 - 35mm Canon AE1P's, one with ASA 200, and one with ASA 800. I alternate lenses but usually have a 30? -70 on one and a 70-210 on the other. Sometimes I use a 500 lens but with a tripod. I've tried but don't like a doubler on the lens. light is always a problem, (just can't seem to get them to pose) Some good shots but I can't seem to always get the focus right. I'm just starting using a digital but its 3X and can't seem to get any really good shots. Any info appreciated.

Red Baron
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'd shoot them with my gun first then I could pose them and worry about the lighting later! [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>I have a Nikon 995 Digi camera, I usually leave it in the truck till after I kill something or want to take a pic of the beautiful surrounding area I'm at.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Got an Olympus OM10 but no scanner to put em up on the web. Borrow my sons digitale time too time but usually screw them up, oh well.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
started out with a Olympus cameda L-1400
<br>3x OPTICAL zoom 1.4 mill. pix.
<br>
<br>Recently got a Minolta Dimage 7 7xOPTICAL zoom
<br>5.2 mill. pixels
<br>
<br>i point out the optical zoom because the DIGITAL zoom on cameras realy just throwes out some of your Reseloution (Photo) to make it appear larger, at the cost of detail.
<br>
<br>Biggest porblem with both cameras was that low light confusese them in auto focus/exposure mode.
<br>Thats why i sprang for the minolta, i can adjust every thing myself or let the camera do it.
<br>
<br>now, am I smart enough to post a photo here....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I agree with Blammer. Shoot the darn thing first and use the human zoom. I carry a Canon Sure Shot when I can find the thing. If I am lucky I'll have a few exposures left on the roll when I need them. It has a self-timer that comes in handy.
<br>
<br>I am trying to get www.Dotphoto.com to work. I think if I can use them to send my pictures, I will be able to post them on the Campfire.
<br>

Rick

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
For those moving shots,an auto focus camera &lens is best. The next thing is a motor drive. You can burn up the film with one of these, but are more apt to get a shot with everything in the right place. I'm just the gear carrier, but my wife has all Nikon equipment. Lens from a fish eye , 25mm to a 600 mm. Do you use Kodak or Fuji film .The Fuji Velvia professional seems to have better color

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I picked my Minolta body,for the following reasons.
<br>
<br>It has an on body flash unit. The built in motor drive allows shots up to 4frames per second. The shutter speed is variable from 30seconds to 1/8000 of a second. It is has auto focus capabilities and manual if you prefer.
<br>
<br>What I've come to find out over the years,is the body is very robust(I've snapped 3 lenses of it,during crashes while Hunting). It is simplistic. It has fended Mother Nature well.
<br>
<br>I am amazed that it still works,after the rigors it has been through. I carry it often at work and it goes on every Hunting/Fishing foray,excepting when I forget it.
<br>
<br>I researched hard at the time and felt it then best suited my needs. That was very nearly 10yrs ago and cameras have since improved.
<br>
<br>Were I starting ove,I'd search to find a SLR that had on body flash,good shutter speed flexibility,on board motor drive and attach the best 28-300mm lens I could purchase on it.........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

372 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,395 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,330
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.