Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yeah, I wouldn't take my brackenbury either... grins. Never walked a bank. Have heard it could be good. Have done some carp in a lake where you could have walked the bank though...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
BP-B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a book on Traditional Bowmakers in America, has a chapter with Brackenbury.

After seeing what these guys go through on a custom, I'd almost hate to take it out and string it. wink

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
My bow was still made before Brackenbury drowned. I did have to get replacement limbs, the bow was custom built for an old mentor of mine and I managed to buy it when he could no longer shoot or draw it. His light limbs where not enough for me at least IMHO.

His nephew or some such took over, and the limbs I have are as smooth as the old limbs, at least IMHO.

I don't baby the bow hunting with it, but I do try to respect it much as I can.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Jeff, Looks like I'll have to start carrying my archery gear along with rifles when I go on business trips! laugh

I will give you a shout when I'm headed your way.

Tyson T was absolutely correct about them being AMS, NOT ABS reels. Brain-dead, dyslexic, and not paying attention will get that kind of results when typing. blush

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Whenever, assuming the river is low and clear which isn't always...

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Unless you're getting more rain than we are, those conditions should be pretty easy to obtain.

Its DRY here. The last three fronts that moved through were supposed to bring rain, heavy at times. Not so much as a drop.

Sabine River is getting lower every day and my ponds are steadily dropping.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Only issue here, the LCRA releases water downstream for the rice farmers etc.... it comes in batches, and I can't quite find a link to WHEN its going to be released vs when it gets here.... It takes a perfectly clear river to just murky enough you can't see more than a foot... and generally hits about 10pm... sucks...

My ponds are LOW. WAY too low for April. Scary low considering the forecast of normal rain chances starting in June.... WTF, that won't help a bit.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
717 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 77 invisible), 2,705 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,775
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.