24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Any one know of a place to get laminate guns stocks for pump shotguns, Browning BPS in particular. I have a BPS Stalker and I want a laminate stock, I know its dumb to go from composite to laminate but I LOVE the look.

I have found Wenig, shot them an email and this was the response.

"We do build the laminate stocks for the Browning and they are $235.00 in a do it yourself set and $925.00 completely finished"

Well at $925.00 for a completely finished it seems crazy, I paid 575.00 for the gun new!

Thanks folks for any info.

"If we could somehow bottle the Brittany's energy and spirit, we'd solve most of the world's problems, if not all of them"

"People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

BP-B2

P
P
Any one know of a place to get laminate guns stocks for pump shotguns, Browning BPS in particular. I have a BPS Stalker and I want a laminate stock, I know its dumb to go from composite to laminate but I LOVE the look.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good luck and please post what you find. My dedicated turkey hunting shotgun is a 12 gauge BPS; while it is a fine shotgun which functions flawlessly I have found the availability of after-market products to be skimpy. I would like to put an ATI stock (adjustable length and comb) on mine, but no mounting kit is available for the BPS.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
macongunstocks.net

$130.00 For just machined and inleted is alot better than the $235.00 Wenig wanted.

Pricing below is for butt stocks and for ends machine inlet and require fit and finish.
BPS 12g buttstock $75
BPS 12g forend $55

I was told that is the price for walnut and laminate
(fancier grades of wood are more)

Average pricing for fitting butt stocks and forend to Customer's Gun:Pumps and Autos $350 per set includes shaping and pad installation.
Pricing for Oil Finish:
$125 additional per set
Pricing for Spray Finish:
$175 additional per set
Pricing For Checkering PER SET:
Pricing starts $125 and up depending on checkering pattern
NOTE: installation of grip caps and tips additional cost

"If we could somehow bottle the Brittany's energy and spirit, we'd solve most of the world's problems, if not all of them"

"People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the detailed information. I wish ATI would develop a parts kit for adapting their stock to the BPS, but this might be the only option to get what you want.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
It would be nice if ATI did. I have decided not to go with a laminate stock. I would love the look but the lead time is around the 6 month mark, and thats just for a machined and inleted stock. It seems the only choice for us BPS owners is when it comes to aftermarker is Bell and Carlson. They seem to have good reviews for the BPS and the feel is supposed to be similar to wood stocks in size and shape.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
213 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 22 invisible), 1,553 guests, and 878 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,917
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.