Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Flinch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This is one of my favorite pics. It was taken in September with the golden leaves of the aspens reflecting off the water. The pic isn't "doctored" at all. Flinch
[Linked Image]

This bull was just happy to be in the pond. Same evening as above picture.
[Linked Image]

I thought I was going to have to pull this bull out of the mud. He finally freed himself and posed for me.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This is a buck that is wild, but was raised by a little old lady. He is free to come and go as he pleases. He isn't afraid of humans at all and loves to be scratched. He disappears for a few weeks during the rut, then comes back and jumps the fence back into his pen when he is done with the local ladies. Craziest thing I have ever seen.
[Linked Image]

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
BP-B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Great pictures, thanks for posting! I have video somewhere of one of our horses kicking at snowflakes! It's pretty funny!

Public landowner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Flinch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That is how they get "accorn antler tips" as discussed in the other thread. laugh They are GOOD at pinpointing their itches. I wish I had antlers wink Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
No pics, but I saw a basket racked buck quartering back and forth flushing pheasants like a bird dog.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Someone had a short video on here a year or so ago that showed a deer eating a little bird. That was the weirdest thing I've seen a deer do.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great pics Flinch!

Rattler's pic made me think: well, duh! grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Go figure . . .

[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Go figure . . .

[Linked Image]

When a reach-around just isn't possible....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Their names are Bill and Hillary.

[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Flinch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Dayum....now that is something I have never seen. I have seen mule deer swap roles, but never elk. I thought they were smarter than that. Flinch

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Red squirrels eat meat. Not only did a Yukon Ter. study show they are the #1 predator of snowshoe hares under the age of 2 weeks, I've seen them on a dead grouse and a gut pile, just chewing away.

No pics, tho.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Damn I had a ton of photos of ground squirrel canibalism to prove it to a friend and lost them in a harddrive crash. I remember the first time I saw it I thought one squirrel was trying to drag the remains of his buddy to safety. Turns out the only safety he was interested in was being safe while he ate the other dude.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I saw a gray squirrel eating a dead robin. He was holding it in his hands like a corn cob and chomping away. Pretty disturbing thing to watch out your office window, haha.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
these are not mine, but like the series:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
No pics, but I frequently see gophers eating their buddies that I just shot.
Last year a good friend of mine went into the Wilmore Wilderness here in northern Alberta. I usually go too,but couldn't make it that time. He went up to a trappers cabin that has a nice porch you can use to to hide form the rain. He said as he got closer, he heard a racket out behind t he cabin,thought maybe someone was chopping wood or something. He kinda snuck up and peeked around the corner. There is a good little clearing behind the cabin,and in the middle of it was a yellow plastic bucket. Also,there was a nice orderly line of elk. The first elk in line would charge into the clearing and trample the bucket,making the noise he's heard. He said that as soon as it had trampled the bucket,it would run to the back of the line and the next one would take it's turn.
I'd of loved to see that, I've never heard of elk behaving like that.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
671 members (12344mag, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 76 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,614
Posts18,398,421
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.