Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
After following many of the John Burns bashing threads and the "Let's Meet In Montana" thread, I want to give a shout out to John. You were man enough to show up and prove yourself to others. I don't even care how you shot, but you did prove that you can shoot, but you showed up. You have my respect and your naysayers need to STFU. I'm not a long range shooter and really have no interest in developing those skills but I sure appreciate a man of character. Way to go John Burns!

BP-B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
any link to what you are talking about IE a match and results?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You've been here for 2 months, mostly puffing Cor-Lokts, and you're telling everyone to STFU?! Really? Um....OK....

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
rost, just ask the guys that shot with him in the "Lets meet in Montana" thread what their impression of John is. However, I feel that the only answer you will accept is the one you want to hear.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And just to clarify, I don't have any opinion of John Burns one way or the other. I just can't understand some of the things people say/do here. It's just odd...

Wade

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bxroads
rost, just ask the guys that shot with him in the "Lets meet in Montana" thread what their impression of John is. However, I feel that the only answer you will accept is the one you want to hear.

No not at all. I think you have me totally mispainted here. I have no beef with John other than what he charges for a rifle. ANd that fact that he indicates its the only way to go. When in reality there are other ways to do it htat have worked for years, and are actually a bit, IMHO, better rather than dialing in 600 yards and then taking off X clicks due to conditions, I'd just as soon dial it in after my calcs give me the answer.

I've never said he couldnt' shoot either.

I simply wanted a link as to where was this match or get together thing... now I know what to look for and will see if I can do a read up on it.

Bottom line for my complaining about greybull stuff... when you sell a rig for 6000 bucks but it can be done as well or better all day long with a 3000 dollar rig, I think you'll see. Of course I don't drive a BMW etc and never would, there is no need for prestige with me. You need enough to get the job done but no more. And no I'm not saying well a 30-30 would work then...
BUT John has a right to charge what he wants. We just have the right to say folks, its advertising you don't have to spend that much if you don't want to.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Waders
And just to clarify, I don't have any opinion of John Burns one way or the other. I just can't understand some of the things people say/do here. It's just odd..
I don't think that there is anything odd about giving props to a guy that has been grilled without mercy concerning his rifles and then turning into personal insults aplenty. When the gentleman from Montana offered up the idea of a long range shoot there, John showed up and from the sound of things, represented himself and his equipment very well. My point was that he had the character to put his reputation on the line in a real world shoot. Good for him. Without going into a long history lesson John has challenged his detractors to prove their rifles and skills. Put up or shut up was my take on the whole deal and John had the character to put up and others did not according to the names that I have read listed on the "Let's Meet In Montana" thread. I re-read my OP and I did NOT tell "everyone" to STFU. That was meant for John's group of personal critics.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Naysayers=everyone who disagrees. You told them all to shut up--even though, as you just admitted, you weren't there to even see how Burns handled himself.

So who are you? His kid brother? Wife? What?

Wade

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Waders
Naysayers=everyone who disagrees. You told them all to shut up--even though, as you just admitted, you weren't there to even see how Burns handled himself.

So who are you? His kid brother? Wife? What?

Nope, just someone who can read and can recognize BS when I see it. Just like I can see that you are are an [bleep] and don't have any ability to reason. Which is why I'm now done with your sorry self because you are a mental midget and are not worth trying to have a civil discourse with.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by M700SAUM
Nope, just someone who can read and can recognize BS when I see it. Just like I can see that you are are an [bleep] and don't have any ability to reason. Which is why I'm now done with your sorry self because you are a mental midget and are not worth trying to have a civil discourse with.

Name calling? Always a good move.

You can read? Um...good for you.

You can recognize BS? Oh, I never doubted you!

(You shouldn't have repeated the verb "can" if you meant to say that you can read and recognize BS. But, what do I know--I'm a mental midget!)

Last edited by Waders; 05/02/11.

Wade

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by rost495

Bottom line for my complaining about greybull stuff... when you sell a rig for 6000 bucks but it can be done as well or better all day long with a 3000 dollar rig, I think you'll see.
BUT John has a right to charge what he wants. We just have the right to say folks, its advertising you don't have to spend that much if you don't want to.

C'mon Rost, you can add a lot better than that. Sure GAP sells rifles for $3500, sans optic though. The Greybull comes with a scope that will cost you a cool grand to duplicate. I guess you should be calling it a 5K rifle.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Waders is a good guy. Easy now.

I'll toss in my props to John Burns for showing up and shooting as well. Virtually everyone here would have only their ego to "lose". John, showing up with one of his rifles, has a whole lot more than that. Ballsy. Good on ye, John! grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He showed up with two rifles, a .264 Win. Mag. and a .243 Win. And trust me, he knows how to use them.

Everyone got along great, shared info, idea's and swapped many hunting stories. And we fired many thousands of rounds...if all of us met back out there under perfect conditions there wouldnt be anything left of that steel.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by rost495

Bottom line for my complaining about greybull stuff... when you sell a rig for 6000 bucks but it can be done as well or better all day long with a 3000 dollar rig, I think you'll see.

C'mon Rost, you can add a lot better than that. Sure GAP sells rifles for $3500, sans optic though. The Greybull comes with a scope that will cost you a cool grand to duplicate. I guess you should be calling it a 5K rifle.

Lets see, won 1000 yard matches here before, with an AR15 that cost me under 1500..... bolt gun that will shoot knots.... really no need for a synthetic stock, but just because, and a much better than B/C as Mc stock, 500. Action. 300. Barrel 300. Cost to barrel. Around 300 plus or minus. Bed action to stock, put on mounts and scope. Fire away. No need for fancy scopes or reticles or 1/3 moa clicks, simple target scope with knobs. Or sans that... lets just say I have one gun I have no more than the above invested in it, without target knobs but the knobs have a zero mark and click... and so far, the 308 has handily dinged stuff to over 700 yards. 2500 or less easily with optics. Actually less. Groups... not so great though, 2s at 100, and best I've dinged so far in a gusty wind once at 726 yards off the top of a mule, has been 3 shots into 4 inches. Appx measure, group in cactus leaves and measure with tape, not Ct/Ct.
It really is a lot of Indian and not so much of arrow. John is a Chief. Has a good arrow, seems as good as anyone elses out there. And is a hell of a salesman.

Down side? Making folks think they can drop 6K or more and be an overnight shooter. If someone dials the dope in like on the shows, and says shoot, it really only takes a decent shot to make a good shot. Its learning what the dope should be, that will cost you way more than 6K over the years, and it won't be 6K of rifle that makes the arrow fly straight.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
To add when I say here, I meant 1000 yard matches in TX.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
rost says......"If someone dials the dope in like on the shows, and says shoot, it really only takes a decent shot to make a good shot. Its learning what the dope should be, that will cost you way more than 6K over the years, and it won't be 6K of rifle that makes the arrow fly straight."

Agree 100%.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whoopdephuckindoo, give that man a medal for doing what he said he'd do. Since when did going by your word become so significant that it deserved praise?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Burns vs Stick? Is that the match?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
BS was probably too busy taking pictures of himself to show up. wink

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
He showed up with two rifles, a .264 Win. Mag. and a .243 Win. And trust me, he knows how to use them.Everyone got along great, shared info, idea's and swapped many hunting stories.
That is what it's all about...good times! Burns contributes to the 'fire, and is just a guy selling a product & trying to make a living. Those that cannot understand that, bitch to your nail tech......not here.

Last edited by slg888; 05/02/11.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
715 members (16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 222Sako, 21, 12308300, 68 invisible), 2,734 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,580
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.