Campfire Ranger
T
Well at least John likes great Cartridges......... *Grin*

BP-B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
This was really about some guys getting together and doing some long range shooting and that's what we did. There was no competition. No one put down anyone elses gear. No one was trying to force or pimp their gear out on anyone else. We all learned a lot, shot a lot, and had fun.

Public landowner...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cinch
This was really about some guys getting together and doing some long range shooting and that's what we did. There was no competition. No one put down anyone elses gear. No one was trying to force or pimp their gear out on anyone else. We all learned a lot, shot a lot, and had fun.

+100, so simple that some folk will never get it...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Sounds like it was a fun time!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I took a woman out deer hunting a couple of years ago. She had shot two rounds TOTAL through a high powered rifle before the season to get a feel for the trigger. She is not a shooter at all, but knows how to squeeze the trigger.

I found her a nice 4x4 mule deer buck at 535 yards. I sat her butt down over shooting sticks, dialed the nobs to 535 yards and told her to kill it. Perfect shot, 7mm-08, 120 grain bullet went through both shoulder and exited. Buck dropped and was dead. She did not need all that fancy computer calculation crap you talk about. Dial it and kill it. It really is that easy. laugh I have done it more times than I can count.

Two weeks later, I took another non shooter deer hunting. He hasn't shot any high power rifles, but again, had great trigger control. I found him a buck at 481 yards. I laid him down prone, dialed the nobs, a couple of clicks for wind, range 481, and told him to hit the switch. Perfect shot, dead deer, .25-284 100 grain Barnes XLC.

No, I don't shoot animals at 1,000 yards, nor do I shoot Bench Rest. 700 yards is my personal limit on game. Range, dial, squeeze, punch a tag. You make is sound WAY more complicated than it is. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
IC B2

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Tom264

243 win? wink

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Sure whatever. Evidently youv'e done it all.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

+1 million ! grin

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by Tom264

243 win? wink
Your funny...but...I do like the .243 too.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
243 win? wink
Best cartridge ever! And better than your feminine 6-BR your building. AAhhhhh!!!

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
my 243 is sweet. my 300rum is mean

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks to all for the nice posts.

Rost495,

Jeff you really seem to have a hard on for me and my rifles and pricing.

How about you and I get together and you take that silly attempt at a long range hunting setup you have been working on for a year (Douglas Barrel set up for 180gr VLDs) and have us a little shoot??

You have struggled with making 180gr VLDs shoot for one hell of a long time and at some point you need to quit running your mouth and my stuff down when you have been totally unable to set a simple 7MM up for long range hunting.

You seem to have no ability to actually set up a long range rig and I for one am really sick and tired of you acting the pro with absolutely no qualification.

Put up or shut your yap buddy!!!

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Whoopdephuckindoo, give that man a medal for doing what he said he'd do. Since when did going by your word become so significant that it deserved praise?

Times are changing and it seems like you meet more and more guys that can't live by their word or their word means chit because they don't do what they say. It's too bad, but it happens more now than it ever has. I'd also like to say kudos to John for showing up and making the best of it. Sounds like you guys had a blast. Too bad I live so far away!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whoopdephuckindoo, give that man a medal for doing what he said he'd do. Since when did going by your word become so significant that it deserved praise?

laugh laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I think since the internet came out when writing checks your ass can't cover jumped exponentially.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Burns,

Gotta tip my hat to you...good shooting.

I admire people who can back up the talk.

Not sure I am ready to drop 6 large on one of your rigs, but at least they shoot....

Tony

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
[quote=rost495][quote=bxroads]rost, just ask the guys that shot with him in the "Lets meet in Montana" thread what their impression of John is. However, I feel that the only answer you will accept is the one you want to hear.

Down side? Making folks think they can drop 6K or more and be an overnight shooter. If someone dials the dope in like on the shows, and says shoot, it really only takes a decent shot to make a good shot. Its learning what the dope should be, that will cost you way more than 6K over the years, and it won't be 6K of rifle that makes the arrow fly straight.

You certainly seem to turn into a damned peacock on a multitude of topics. You may know, have seen and done a few things, so given your background, you don't even come close to representing the majority of the shooting public.

You're a consumer and you have the right to buy or not to buy. So don't buy one of his packages but quit [bleep] harassing the dude on how he earns his living.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you wont see me spending $6,000 on a rifle like what John builds.....but thats mainly cause if i had $6,000 to blow you would find my arse on a plane heading to Australia to whack and stack critters with what i have.....

if he is selling rifles for $6,000 it means he has buyers to keep him busy at $6,000.....if i could figure out how to sell ad space in my papers for $50 a column inch i would do it in a heartbeat to hell what anyone thinks bout value for the money.....its a business, you tend to price chit at a price that keeps you in enough customers to live how you want to live...or as close to that mark as possible....

Last edited by rattler; 05/03/11.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Burns came out with a limited edition rifle and called it the "Big Stick"........I think I'd pee myself laugh

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by slg888
243 win? wink
Best cartridge ever! And better than your feminine 6-BR your building. AAhhhhh!!!

smile
I'll have it ready for the next shoot!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
691 members (160user, 12344mag, 12308300, 17CalFan, 16Racing, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,692 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,620
Posts18,398,530
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.