24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who cares what the man sells his rifles for? This is America. If there is a market for his stuff then he's doing something right. The man has proved his stuff is good and he can shoot. Let it go.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Just checked out the pics, looked like a lot of fun! Wish I coulda been there

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by FVA
I think since the internet came out when writing checks your ass can't cover jumped exponentially.

Best quote of the day!!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Wish I could have been there to you all shoot.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Whoa, there Flinch. That's not the whole story. You claim that it isn't that hard. If you have good range information, an accurate rifle that can be dialed properly and a good solid shooting position, fine..... so far. But, if the wind is blowing even a little bit, that separates the experienced shooters from the those that aren't. That can easily cause a miss or a wounded animal.
Living in the west, I'm sure you are aware of this.
I'll go on to say that I don't own any $6000 custom built long range rifles either. Almost all of my serious big game rifles are custom built and they are capable of making those 400 yd. plus shots. I've done it with them often enough. But I also know my limits as a shooter in the field, especially when the wind is blowing or I'm out of breath with a pounding heart, or the critter is too far and moving, etc. As I'm sure you do as well. E

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Whoopdephuckindoo, give that man a medal for doing what he said he'd do. Since when did going by your word become so significant that it deserved praise?

Times are changing and it seems like you meet more and more guys that can't live by their word or their word means chit because they don't do what they say. It's too bad, but it happens more now than it ever has. I'd also like to say kudos to John for showing up and making the best of it. Sounds like you guys had a blast. Too bad I live so far away!!!!!!!
Yeah, your probably right and that's too bad. I remember not so long ago when a guy could take another for his word, still know quite a few that I can take for their word but times they are a changin it seems. Everyone's an internet badass these days. cool

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
...and you haven't....obviously. You have nothing good to say about anyone but yourself. It gets exhausting to say the least. Let's see all these records and wins you yap about all the time. Paper punching ain't long range hunting. You are a legend in your own mind...and nobody elses.

I have posted tons of pics about my kills....yet you have nothing. You can BS the fans, but not the players. Keep trying though.

It is as easy as "range, dial, squeeze". Maybe not for you, because you can't do it without all the gadgets and mental exercises, but for those that can, it ain't hard. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Range dial and squeeze eh? No wind accounted for. Simply says a lot.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
BTW I think you all have changed my mind. Charge what ever the [bleep] you want to.

Maybe that way we'll see 10 dollar a gallon gas too in the future.

I think this country is way further down the tubes than I had originally thought and evidently money is the king and be damned to everything and everyone else.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What are ya, anti-capitalism? grin whistle

Folks charge what the market will bear, and competition serves to keep sellers in line. A gas station COULD charge $10/gal tomorrow but they won't sell much gas when the guy across the street is at $4/gal.

From the cheap seats here it seems that John is offering not a rifle/scope per se but a guaranteed system. If I were the type to spend $6k on a warrantied-to-shoot rifle & scope with the load work all done for it, which I ain't, I would at this point give John's rifles serious consideration.

Anyway I'm not getting involved in this other than to say that for a rifle company representative to show up, product in hand, and lay down on the ground and shoot with the unwashed Internet masses <grin> is ballsy. Dude has a bad day shooting, and what's the long-term cost of that?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
His rifles are worth what somebody is willing to pay for them. I dont know him, I dont know about his rifles. I dont care to, if he can sell them for what he's charging then more power to him.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
....the unwashed internet masses....now that's funny. Never heard it put that way.

Jeff - you are spot on regarding the potential effect of a poor performance in front of your customers, seen similar situations really make or break a business. In that regard, kudo's to John. Actually don't know him at all but just looking in from the outside I figure most of the negative comments are sour grapes from those that begrudge the success of others.

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by huntsonora
His rifles are worth what somebody is willing to pay for them. I dont know him, I dont know about his rifles. I dont care to, if he can sell them for what he's charging then more power to him.

+1.

The man has a legit business in the gun industry and good for him!

last time I checked, America was a free enterprise system.

No one forces anyone to buy his system. But anyone can if they choose and that's the real beauty of it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The price is just one part of why John catches crap. The "not willing to talk specifics" gets him a few giggles.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only wind to account for comes out of your pie hole, so no, I don't need to account for it.

...."range, dial, squeeze" did you miss the DIAL part? There is a windage and elevation dial on my scope. Do you have one, or did that go over your head too? Yup, your reading comprehension and skills still suck. Dial windage, dial range...idiot. Pull your head out of your asss and pay attention.

Now that you know everything and have given up on society, you can go away....please...for the sake of everyone that actually knows a thing or two.

SO where are all these records and kills you have? Still don't have any? Didn't think so. Run along little boy. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
The price is just one part of why John catches crap.
Maybe these builders below should catch "crap" also from the 'Wallmart Whiners...

Rifle's below come with NO scope, No load development, No mounts.

McWhorter rifles, $3995.00 - $4695.00
http://www.mcwhorterrifles.com/GunRackPages/243Caliber/243Winchester.html

Hill country rifles, $1995.00 - $5995.00
http://www.hillcountryrifles.com/catalog/2/custom-rifles-in-stock

Surgeon rifles, $4200.00 - $4800.00
http://www.surgeonrifles.com/products/rifles-in-stock-ready-to-ship/

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
curious......did John Burns let anyone else shoot his rifles?

Protect WYDAHO fish and game, fence out Utah.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by HuntKY
curious......did John Burns let anyone else shoot his rifles?

Yes, several people shot his rifles.

Public landowner...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I shot two of them.... grin he shot mine... cool

Last edited by Sendero_man; 05/03/11. Reason: smiles
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calvin
The price is just one part of why John catches crap. The "not willing to talk specifics" gets him a few giggles.

That may be so but those who harp on the "price" and "enabling wannabe's resulting ass shot mayhem" need to GTFU and STFU.......IMO.
Guess now I know why gas is so high. The Petro industry followed Burn's lead.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
397 members (1lesfox, 300jimmy, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 41 invisible), 2,083 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,021
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.