Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Flinch
The only wind to account for comes out of your pie hole, so no, I don't need to account for it.

...."range, dial, squeeze" did you miss the DIAL part? There is a windage and elevation dial on my scope. Do you have one, or did that go over your head too? Yup, your reading comprehension and skills still suck. Dial windage, dial range...idiot. Pull your head out of your asss and pay attention.

Now that you know everything and have given up on society, you can go away....please...for the sake of everyone that actually knows a thing or two.

SO where are all these records and kills you have? Still don't have any? Didn't think so. Run along little boy. Flinch

Ya know, I don't tend to post braggin pics all over the internet because it just doesn't bother me. And I think its rude to brag. Why should I have to prove myself, there are more than a few here that know me and have seen me shoot. I don't have time for your little crap, but there is a bunch more to shooting long range shots than just dialing the info in. First you have to know what the info is. THats not an overnite thing that just any joe can do by picking up a well built rifle.

But to quell your little bitching session, I found a few items to take a few pics of last night. There is more and its still boxed up and actually there are more plaques that have been boxed up. And htere are plenty of copies of match bulletins RE shooting.

My suspicion tells me that you won't believe what I"m showing here anyway, but what the hell, lets put it up since you think I aint' never been anywhere or done anything.

John, even though I disagree wiht pricing as you are well aware, my sincere apology for dragging this off topic. And my apologies that I simply don't have time to travel and shoot at this point in life. Give it a few years to catch up, we'll go play, I have had too many family deaths and that has taken too much time in family care and the resulting being way behind in taking care of properties we own. Jeff

[Linked Image]

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
BP-B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Theres enough for me anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those are some nice dust collectors!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sculptured carpet?? Now I can understand why you think John's rifle is overpriced. Cheeep..cheeeep.cheeeep.

smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't be dissin' the high-low shag!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mr. Rost,

congratiolations on your life achievements as a rifleman.

It is clear to see, very few can match those.

There is however the point of Mr. Burns pricing -

all you are looking at is component costs.

Good business practice is to take all costs you had -

R&D
training
components
smithing
load developement
sighting in
marketing
networking

basically everything product related you have spend money, time and/or knowledge/thought on

+ your return of investment

sum it all up and divide by the # of units projected to be sold.

Then you have a price which you can then test on the market.

That considered Burns rifles (which are rifle/scope/ammo combinations) are a bargain in my eyes considering, that Mr. Burns seems to be able to pick any rifle from the "ready to be shipped rack" grab the ammo and hit targets way out there -

meaning the units are dialed in.

Sure can such a rifle be build cheaper - but only if you are willing to count the hours ezc. needed as hobby time.

I do not blame Mr. Burns for chosing not to do that in his line of business.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
edited

Last edited by rost495; 05/04/11.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Holy Crap!!!

What a pile of trophies, I couldn't help posting my own, few people here know of my prowess with a gun...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That's almost as nice as the leg lamp on the Christmas Story.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Rost, thanks for your service to our great country. It appears to me you most certainly know what you're doing. Congrats.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
about what I expected. Want proof. Show proof, make fun.

Evidently I am expected to not have an opinion on things, yet everyone elses opinion that I"m wrong is fine.

Cool with me though, what I love still about 24 hour, we can agree to disagree and go on to the next subject.

Carpet and all.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Rost, thanks for your service to our great country. It appears to me you most certainly know what you're doing. Congrats.

JG, make no mistake, I have never been in our military service. I simply had the honor of competing with a lot of military shooters. We are certainly extremely lucky to have the folks we have in the military. Doing a job many don't want to. For pay that few would accept. And doing it out of an obligation to God and Country. One can ask for no more.
Wife and I were both recruited when we were younger as shooters but it was not for us. I regret that too at this point in my life, but its too late.
Jeff

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeff
Yeah, well like maybe, you know, you can like shoot, you know, but lots of those are like, you know, just competeing against, you know, other shooters for like scores and stuff. It isn't like you can you know shoot on the internet.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Flinch :Verb: Make a quick, nervous movement of the face or body as an instinctive reaction to fear or pain: NOT the trigger movement you want to represent in a simple long range shot.

rost495 : 495. Score out of a possible aggregate perfect total of 500 points. Fired in a ODCMP sanctioned leg match. No sighters allowed, iron sights out to 600 yards. I'd have to look it up but generally no more than maybe 10-15 of those scores fired in a year, less in leg matchs on average is my guess. Enters one into the NRA 99% club as that is the percentage score you just fired.

One a good representation of the ability to shoot. The other, a nemesis to perfection of the trigger activation technique.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by slg888
Originally Posted by Calvin
The price is just one part of why John catches crap.
Maybe these builders below should catch "crap" also from the 'Wallmart Whiners...

Rifle's below come with NO scope, No load development, No mounts.

McWhorter rifles, $3995.00 - $4695.00
http://www.mcwhorterrifles.com/GunRackPages/243Caliber/243Winchester.html

Hill country rifles, $1995.00 - $5995.00
http://www.hillcountryrifles.com/catalog/2/custom-rifles-in-stock

Surgeon rifles, $4200.00 - $4800.00
http://www.surgeonrifles.com/products/rifles-in-stock-ready-to-ship/

Haha, the Walmart Whiners. Didn't realize we had a bit of class warfare going on here.

I've shopped at walmart, does that make me poor, low class, and lacking in nice things? TFF..

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
My bad, just checking records on 495s in leg matches... since 2004(as old as the records I could find online) there have been 10 scores of 495 or higher fired in competition.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by slg888
The price is just one part of why John catches crap.
Maybe these builders below should catch "crap" also from the 'Wallmart Whiners...

Rifle's below come with NO scope, No load development, No mounts.

McWhorter rifles, $3995.00 - $4695.00
http://www.mcwhorterrifles.com/GunRackPages/243Caliber/243Winchester.html

Hill country rifles, $1995.00 - $5995.00
http://www.hillcountryrifles.com/catalog/2/custom-rifles-in-stock

Surgeon rifles, $4200.00 - $4800.00
http://www.surgeonrifles.com/products/rifles-in-stock-ready-to-ship/

Haha, the Walmart Whiners. Didn't realize we had a bit of class warfare going on here.

I've shopped at walmart, does that make me poor, low class, and lacking in nice things? TFF..

Nah, you ain't poor or low class unless you have "cheap" carpet.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Whew..!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
708 members (117LBS, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 2,695 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.