Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E.R. Shaw just quoted me at under $1000 for a .458 lott stainless matte with synthetic stock, not sure the action, this is with a muzzle brake and for any barrel length from 18 - 24". And without muzzle brake under $800. I'm not sure what actions the use, unfortunately the head salesman is on vacation so I can't ask any detailed questions. I want something that is CRF

Last edited by Polska; 05/05/11.

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From the web site, they look like Savage actions. Could be wrong.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Yes I checked they are savage actions. They must make their own .458 lott action out of stainless steel, cause I don't know any out there made by savage or anyone else. Unless they somehow re-make it I don't know i'm not an expert on this stuff.

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Polska
I went to Shaw guns and asking them to quote me on a stainless matte 18" barreled right hand 458 lott on a synthetic. Also having them quote different barrel lengths. And with a muzzle break on the shorter barrel lengths like say 18 or 20"

Sound ideas there... and a push feed...
Wise choices. wink
Suprised though no bayonet lug?
I hope your chain maille doesn't chew up that recoil pad too much.
Of course then again you're 7'13" 270lbs of twisted steel, and fury... you'll likely be running it with a crescent steel butt.

Good luck with your endevours.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
since the m70 factory profile is the same for the 375, 416 and 458 class why not find a ss 375 and have it rebored and be done with the [bleep] around?

The way life should be.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Because that would be easy and logical... if you follow Polska's post at all thats two things sorely lacking.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Himmelrr, don't you dare sell that poor innocent rifle of yours to this guy! Makes me think of selling one's daughter to the arabs.

Last edited by pabucktail; 05/05/11.
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Everyone who is not contributing positively will be notified to moderator. This is not fair for people reading this thread who have to sort through it all. If you just want to come on here to make yourself feel better by insulting me, which really, has no effect, thats fine.. but think about the other people who have to read that crap. You people need to grow up and get a life. Obviously something is missing in your life that you spend all your time getting revenge on people over the interent.

Last edited by Polska; 05/05/11.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Seriously, buy a lightly used Winny 70 classic .375 H&H and have it modified to a .470 Capstick. You can load up plinkers for it or load it with big solids to kill anything that breathes. I bought my current .375 with that in mind but went ahead and kept it .375. I will build a Cappy someday, it's my heart's desire.

But truly, the .375 is awesome. I check out ammo shelves no matter where I go and there's always .30-06, 7mm mag, and .375 H&H. Anything else, you might as well handload so the Cappy makes sense. Why mess around with little dinky .45 cals when you can do it correctly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Polska,

you swamp the fire with asinine questions.

The "solution in search of a problem" is your signature style.

Take this recent example - the reson why the market is not flooded with stainless .40+ bores, is because these bores are really only not over the top in Africa - for maybe two of the big five. Africa tends to be dry and warm and if not, there is always a camp/car close by and friendly folks with big white teeth to do a "bwanas" bidding with an oily rag - point is you do not need stainless there.

Second, the boltaction is for these circumstances second pick - behind the double rifle.

Mark that for your next go around - a stainless big bore double. With or without ejectors?

For the in-the water-hippo charge...

Thank me not, I am here to help a guy out.

The sad part is - having yourself a stainless bigbore bolt is so ridiculously easy, it is not worth starting a thread.

Go ahead and have one build. Start a thread on that.
Post pictures - show yourself a DOER rather than a TALKER and you will find the reactions to your posts change in kind.

Now go ahead and report me to the moderator, geez.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Polska, you start these bullschitt threads looking for advice then when you get it from folks with experience, you ignore it and get indignant.
You're like a guy who only reads about getting laid, and tells everyone who'll listen how much tail he pulls.

You live in upstate NY, and post threads about wearing chain maille to fend off attacks from big bears, and mountain lions.

As far as needing to get "revenge"... You would have had to do something to require revenge to be sought. Acting stupid falls far short of that measure. I am just pointing out the ignorance of your posts. You know like an 18" barreled .458 Lott. I feel bad for those who have really "been there done that", and waste their time giving a tit like you help or advice. You wont listen, and you wont do anything anyway.

Now you'll probably post here, and tell me that if I want to settle this like a man I can come to upstate N.Y.
So let me preemptively tell you know two things...
1. Don't talk shchitt you aren't prepped to deal with because some folks are grown azz men. Grown azz men who can afford plane tickets, and actually are from upstate N.Y. and travel regularly.
2. Quit acting like a child, sit the [bleep] back, and listen to the advice some are giving you before you pipe up to act a fool.

Please feel free to report my actions to any mod here that you see fit.
Crying to the teacher is always funny, and usually solves things.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
report folks to the moderator? does this mean you're gonna take your ball home, too? c'mon buddy... you asked an initial question and then made the whole thing a lot harder than it needs to be. and going the way of shaw with a lesser quality set of components for a rifle which, if applied to its potential, may be called upon to save your bacon one day makes little sense. if you can get past being given a hard time for being well, kinda stupid to be frank, you'll read some good advice in the words of fellow forum members.

AGAIN, the easiest way to go here is to find a ss M70 in 375 and do one of the following:

1. have it rebored to your 458 class cartridge since there is enough meat in the factory barrel to do so or,

2. send it to someone like fellow forum member Redneck to rebarrel and clean up the action, or

3. send it to one of the good barrel makers and have them do the same thing.

your top end expense should be about $600 or so and you'll have a good, safe rifle. if you cannot afford to do so, get a 375 and learn to shoot it proficiently and you can save your money until you can afford the new barrel.

BUT, you do need to toughen up a little here on the playground.

The way life should be.
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by himmelrr
I have a stainless Remington 700 XCR with a McMillan Mountain Rifle stock (painted olive) in 375HH that I have been considering putting on the market. It has a Leupold Vari-X III 1.75-6 in Leupold DD mounts. Total package weight is 8 lbs 4 oz. The whole pkg for $1200.00 shipped to your FFL. If interested, shoot me a PM. I can get pics to you too.

RH

Thanks dude, but i'm looking for a .375 H&H

Dude, it is a 375HH...try reading a little slower.

RH

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
himmelrr,
Can we start a collection to get you NOT to sell a gun to this kid?...
grin wink

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
The gun is no longer for sale, it was a brain fart on my part...too much all-night flying.

RH

Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by bluefish
report folks to the moderator? does this mean you're gonna take your ball home, too? c'mon buddy... you asked an initial question and then made the whole thing a lot harder than it needs to be. and going the way of shaw with a lesser quality set of components for a rifle which, if applied to its potential, may be called upon to save your bacon one day makes little sense. if you can get past being given a hard time for being well, kinda stupid to be frank, you'll read some good advice in the words of fellow forum members.

AGAIN, the easiest way to go here is to find a ss M70 in 375 and do one of the following:

1. have it rebored to your 458 class cartridge since there is enough meat in the factory barrel to do so or,

2. send it to someone like fellow forum member Redneck to rebarrel and clean up the action, or

3. send it to one of the good barrel makers and have them do the same thing.

your top end expense should be about $600 or so and you'll have a good, safe rifle. if you cannot afford to do so, get a 375 and learn to shoot it proficiently and you can save your money until you can afford the new barrel.

BUT, you do need to toughen up a little here on the playground.

i'm tougher than you dude

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Polska, you start these bullschitt threads looking for advice then when you get it from folks with experience, you ignore it and get indignant.
You're like a guy who only reads about getting laid, and tells everyone who'll listen how much tail he pulls.

You live in upstate NY, and post threads about wearing chain maille to fend off attacks from big bears, and mountain lions.

As far as needing to get "revenge"... You would have had to do something to require revenge to be sought. Acting stupid falls far short of that measure. I am just pointing out the ignorance of your posts. You know like an 18" barreled .458 Lott. I feel bad for those who have really "been there done that", and waste their time giving a tit like you help or advice. You wont listen, and you wont do anything anyway.

Now you'll probably post here, and tell me that if I want to settle this like a man I can come to upstate N.Y.
So let me preemptively tell you know two things...
1. Don't talk shchitt you aren't prepped to deal with because some folks are grown azz men. Grown azz men who can afford plane tickets, and actually are from upstate N.Y. and travel regularly.
2. Quit acting like a child, sit the [bleep] back, and listen to the advice some are giving you before you pipe up to act a fool.

Please feel free to report my actions to any mod here that you see fit.
Crying to the teacher is always funny, and usually solves things.

I like it when you talk dirty.

Last edited by Polska; 05/06/11.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by himmelrr
The gun is no longer for sale, it was a brain fart on my part...too much all-night flying.

RH

No problem I meant to say 458 i'm not looking for a 375 and i'm not a fan of re-barreling.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your just using this thread to sell your product, thats all you care about. There are websites for that you know. You fake [bleep].

Hey dipschit, you ought to go down to your high school and slap the schit out of your english teacher for they have truly failed you. Let me point out the obvious for you.
Himmelrr said the gun ain't even for sale after he thought it over some.

Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by cmg
Polska,

you swamp the fire with asinine questions.

The "solution in search of a problem" is your signature style.

Take this recent example - the reson why the market is not flooded with stainless .40+ bores, is because these bores are really only not over the top in Africa - for maybe two of the big five. Africa tends to be dry and warm and if not, there is always a camp/car close by and friendly folks with big white teeth to do a "bwanas" bidding with an oily rag - point is you do not need stainless there.

Second, the boltaction is for these circumstances second pick - behind the double rifle.

Mark that for your next go around - a stainless big bore double. With or without ejectors?

For the in-the water-hippo charge...

Thank me not, I am here to help a guy out.

The sad part is - having yourself a stainless bigbore bolt is so ridiculously easy, it is not worth starting a thread.

Go ahead and have one build. Start a thread on that.
Post pictures - show yourself a DOER rather than a TALKER and you will find the reactions to your posts change in kind.

Now go ahead and report me to the moderator, geez.

Wow finally some real feedback. I'm shocked.
Well I don't plan on just going to africa with this rifle. I want this to be used in north america too... i can hand load and lower the power level for deer or non dangerous game... or there is one company that sells low power loads so this rifle will have multiple uses and won't be sitting in a corner for 10 years until I go to africa

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
838 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 77 invisible), 3,281 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,712
Posts18,400,283
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.