Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Swampman700
A patched round ball is the way to go in a traditional muzzleloader. It's accurate....
a patched round ball stuck in a shoulder is worse than a miss. don't a bunch of you guys know outfitters who curse 50 cal rb shooters. its worse than animosity-it borders on hatred. rc

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Elk were wiped out in the east before conicals were invented. Wonder how that happened?
they found a lot of dead elk laying in water-several days later.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by eyeball
A patched round ball is the way to go in a traditional muzzleloader. It's accurate....
a patched round ball stuck in a shoulder is worse than a miss. don't a bunch of you guys know outfitters who curse 50 cal rb shooters. its worse than . rc

Rb is a good projectile . its proven . the problem is that far to many folks dont take the time or have the dedication
As to outfitters ?? Well I submit many folks feel the same about them .
and thats speaking as a former archer, centerfire shooter and traditional muzzleloading hunter . thank god we here have at least a game commission withsome reasoning to what they do. outfitter animosity-,hatred ohh ya and then some . has nothing to do with round balls eather

Last edited by captchee; 05/04/11.

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
eastern forests didnt offer the shooter back then 200 yards shot either.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bigblock455
eastern forests didnt offer the shooter back then 200 yards shot either.

i cant disagree with you .
but you dont have to take that 200 yard shoot now do you .
also you didn�t have some outfitter who you just paid 3500 -10,000 for a so called guaranteed shot standing over your shoulder pointing at a deer or elk at 200 yards , whispering ; thats your shot , you want it ?
they dont get away with that during archery season . but the sure as hell try during a muzzleloader hunt .

i hear this BS all the time and its not just about round balls . its in every discipline . fixed broad head vs retractable . compound vs traditional vs cross bows .
in muzzle loading its the modern guys against the more traditional folks . then its the big conical shooters vs the sabot and pistol projectile shooters .
in fishing it barbed vs unbarbed . on mountain roads its the 4x4 guys against the ATV rider .
on the rivers its the rafters against the jet boat user .
In hunting it�s the large gage hunters against the small gage hunter .
OHHH if you use a .410 your wounding to many birds . If its not a 16 or better you need to stay home , bla , bla bla , bla bla

its simple , use what you want but do it responsibly .
If your not proficient with your weapon . If you don�t know your accurate range and the effective range of your load , then stay the HELL home .

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1minute, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,816 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,275
Posts18,467,528
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.