Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Todays RANT mad
In 08 we bought all new appliances from SEARS, top of the line Elite series(bout 12K)
So the damn freezer electronic read out quit working, replaced the battery still won't work. Call SEARS for service call,($129) and the dumb azz says can;t fix it,you need a new door,WTF, $359.00 plus labor. mad
So the plan is to shoot this SOB till its in small enough parts to put in the trash can. How many rounds do I need grin

Oh, Sears called for a satisfaction survey, the bastids only gave me 2 minutes to reply mad

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
#4 buck won't overpenetrate.

Get a bigger gun.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
save your ammo one stick of dynamite should accomplish what you want

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
00, or 000 Buck penetrates better. On that tough Sears steel, the #4 might only dimple the surface. smile

Wanna borrow my M1A?

Sam......

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have seen a car at our local range/garbage dump, over the course of a few years, completely disinigrated back into its natural state of basically dirt. It must have taken millions of rounds till it was just gone.
I would guess a fridge isnt as durable as a car, so im guessin 500 rounds of #4 buck ought to leave it un-recognizable.

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Two words, "Binary Explosive". do a google search for Tannerite.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Sears appliaces are badged products made by a several suppliers.

We have a Sears refrigerator in the garage for well, I expect you know what it is for - and Sears service for problems with the icemaker was just silly. They replaced the solenoid/valve assembly - which was not the problem. A frozen water feed into the icemaker was - and that just took a few minutes of steam to clear the frozen section - which was about 3 inches of ice in a plastic tube. Now we dump the ice every week or so and that passage does not freeze up and we change the filter every 4 months so that the flow of water into the icemaker is fast and full, not slow and dribbly, giving it time to freeze.

Call some other Warrantee service agency that services several brands such as RCA Whirlpool, JennAir, Frigidaire, Maytag.

BTW - this model of Sears refrigerator uses a filter that is also used in Frigidaire brand refrigerators...and can be bought for a lot less money than going to Sears for the Sears P/N.

Good luck.

Roger

NRA Life

CRPA Life
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Digs

Oh that would be fun. fill that sucker w/ tannerite and start putin the lead to it. Id like to see video of that.

Last edited by flinch444; 05/13/11.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We quit Sears' appliances when we built our current place about 7 years ago. Had a latch break on the dishwasher at about 3 months and could get no one to come out and fix it on warranty. Gave up and tried to buy parts to fix it myself. The Sears web site refused to recognize the model number. Surfed a number of schematics without finding one that looked anything like ours. One day my wife just screwed a little metal bracket to the counter above the dishwasher that pivots and holds the door shut!

A friend here had a similar experience with a new $1,300 refrigerator that developed a problem a few months after he purchased it. Fortunately, he found a "fix-it" guy over in Willcox, AZ, that was willing to come and take a look at it. He was able to fix it for him.

Last edited by mudhen; 05/13/11.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This makes me happy actually. Sears pizzed me off over a set of tires 15 years ago and I've not been back since,

Sorry for your pain but happy to see Sears lose another customer.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bring it down here and we will paint it up like an Elephant or a Cape Buffalo and start knocking holes in it with my big guns. Bring Asprin, Excedrin, Hydrocodone etc though. Trust me on that one.

This IS a serious offer, if you never have fired an Elephant class rifle this might be a good way to break you in on such. Just replace the components used. Might want to try a few Dead coyote rounds, 3.5 inch Tungsten alloy buckshot from the SBE as well. The tungsten Alloy stuff might be pretty effective!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Sorry for your pain but happy to see Sears lose another customer.

I think after that phone satisfaction survey they might have got the point, if not they are dumber than dumb grin

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I really like older applicances. I am no wiz but as long as its not some new electronic thing. I can seem to keep my washer/dryer/Fridge and stove working pretty well. Can order the parts pretty reasonably and there is a a lot of help online. In the end its even easier and faster to DIY than to wait for the repair guy.

Now we have this dishdrawer thing. One of the drawers keeps eating the computer at $245 a pop. so now we have one dish drawer and one we store pots in. Its shame we have issues because we like the design.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Originally Posted by Digs

tannerite would be a good suggestion. So would a saiga 12 shotgun with a 20round drum loaded with 00 buck. About 100rounds and you would feel better.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Same here...the below is a pretty good site for analyzing the problem and providing a solution via overnight delivery. I've saved tons using them.

http://www.repairclinic.com/

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm thinking a 2 or 3Lb propane bottle turned on with the door closed and a 50BMG tracer round might do the trick grin
One way or another I am going to kill this SOB and send the pictures to Sears.

I'm feelin better a;ready, maybe a NW get together grin

Last edited by jimmyd223; 05/13/11.

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Take the door and leave it in front of their store tonight. Peg a wise ass note on it about sticking it where the sun don't shine! mad

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Use 000 buck; works better!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by bea175
save your ammo one stick of dynamite should accomplish what you want

Tennerite is completely legal and if the fridge were filled and the door shut, well....

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
sure the door doestn' work due to a faulty PC board? Easy to replace.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,525 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,845
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.