-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was looking forward to offering my two cents, but, until a quick Google search, I didn't even know what okra was! (People eat that stuff??)

Deerwhacker hasn't posted an update today--hope he's OK!!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
fried okra is good stuff. pickled okra is too. just don't eat boiled okra becuase it will be sitting in your chair when you get up to leave.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
just don't eat boiled okra becuase it will be sitting in your chair when you get up to leave.

Ha! That could add some excitement to your day!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Deerwhacker,

Are you OK?

We need an update.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Still here, still kicking.

I still don't think it was an allergic reaction the okra by itself. This will give you an idea of what I was weedeating. I wasn't even close to the okra, just trimming up the verge on the sides. You can see the little okra plants in the middle of the row.

[Linked Image]

However, an allergic reaction to some of the misc. weeds, now that might be a possibility.

A few days ago, I dug some up and transplanted some of the little okra plants. I was handling them fine without any problems, so I don't think it the okra.

The swelling in my hand is gone, but it's still a little sore on the underside.

I'm betting it was the vibration of the machine working with some undiagnosed type of carpal tunnel/tendonitis or something going on.

Just to be on the safe side,..I better swear off all forms of manual labor till I get it figure out. You know,...for my health.!

grin

Originally Posted by Waders
I was looking forward to offering my two cents, but, until a quick Google search, I didn't even know what okra was! (People eat that stuff??)

You haven't lived till you've had some good fried okra. Not the batter dipped stuff at the Quick-E Mart, the homemade stuff tossed in cornmeal.

I can't think of anything that complements some fresh catfish like fried potatoes and fried okra.

Pickled is pretty good too if you don't mind a hairy pickle.

fried okra is good stuff. pickled okra is too. just don't eat boiled okra becuase it will be sitting in your chair when you get up to leave.

Never tried it boiled, but I believe you. Okra is loaded with natural fiber.!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad to hear you're OK.

It looks like you were digging a grave. What's up with that? grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Isn't that called "a stroke"?

[Linked Image from ]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Waders
just don't eat boiled okra becuase it will be sitting in your chair when you get up to leave.

Ha! That could add some excitement to your day!

We will be growing okra in the greenhouse again this year. Will have you guys up for a sample when it is ripe. I love it fried but my wife likes it steamed blanched. Good tasting and it is good for you. A treat for us in the Northwest.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Greyghost
He's OK and it never happened again yet, but that kid for just being something like 43 years old sure picks up some strange diseases.

8 or 10 years ago, one side of his face was paralyzed for about 3 weeks, they have a name for what ever it was, but I can't remember what it was, couldn't hardly even talk.

Phil

Hmmmm....if you find out what 'it was'....how about sending a case of it to Obama!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gas weed eater? Could it be a reaction to fuel on your hands getting vibrated into your skin? Wouldn't take but a little. I had something like that happen though it was just itching and a little redness, I don't react to gas or oil ON my skin.

Had okra exactly once. eek Must be one of those love/hate things, never met anyone that just sorta likes it.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
try spilling a little mixed gas on an aluminum boat seat, sit on it, fish all day. good luck. grin

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, gives it time to sink in. Can't remember doing anything like that but it DOES ring a bell.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
You are clearly allergic to lawn work of any kind and must avoid any future incidents or reactions related to chores and honeydoos may be severe. whistle

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Timber Faller's disease out here in the Pacific NW. Some guys have had to give up chain saws. The vibes affect some folks more than others.

Bothers me a little if I use one of my old McCulloch 125's. No problem with the newer Stihl AV saws.

Survivor of the 13th Original Colony, I escaped on December 17, 1968.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

330 members (10gaugemag, 204guy, 1_deuce, 264mag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 38 invisible), 2,212 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,133
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.