24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
Well...The fever has hit here in Texas. Me and my CZ have the honor of wearing the WHITE Feather. Max'd the BDT yesterday twice, and have to say that AMMO does make a difference. Hope to try it later with my Marlins.My Buds are going to "Try" their luck on the Challenge as well. Soon as his CZ gets here, Tiger and I are going to have to Send some down range.
<br>Regards Nite}{Awk

GOD Bless us All....Amen
GB1

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Bragging rights go to Nighthawk. When you do max one of those targets its like shooting a 20 point buck. I was the first in 8 years to do it, and it is still the hardest target I ever tried. "Those who shoot the Black Death challege target and like it, prefer nothing else" Now lets see who else will do it.

Heavy on the "TRY". Your not going to make me mow your lawn all summer for shooting lessons are you?

Tiger

"When it ain't no fun, it's time to quit."
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I haven't had so much fun since my little sister got eat up by the Hawgs. A Texan was the first out of state from its origin, in Louisiana, now Noah did it in New York, first with a Marlin Rifle (We thought that would never happen) now we got a thing for the Cowboys to try, pretty good shooting game if you ask me. You wouldn't belieave how good a shot it makes you until you turn that 22 on a squirrel or a rabbit. I don't know about you boys but Im going to get my name on that new Cow Boy Action List, with my new Marlin 1897 cowboy, whatcha think?

John,
<br>First let me thank you for the info that you sent me! I hope that you have better luck with your lever action than I did. You see, I bought a BL-22 about three years ago because of the "coolness" of it. Loved the little gun. It's action was slick as owl snot ( something a man from your parts can appreciate) and it looked real neat. Problem was that I couldn't get it to shoot to my standards. I sold it and bought a Romanian '69 to tide me over until I could decide on what to get. Don't sneer at the Romanian. For 50$ it's a darn good shooter, but still not good enough. Then I ordered the CZ. It still hasn't come in yet but from what you say I'm sure that I will not be dissappointed. Anyway, enough of my rambling. I wish you the best of luck with your new purchase.

Tiger

"When it ain't no fun, it's time to quit."
IC B2

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Well we got two new Whitefeathers today. 11 year old Matt Walton and Tiger Call. both used CZ-varmits. Matt is from team top gun at Ft polk and Tiger is from Texarkana Arkansas. Put a white feather in that cap. Oh by the way Matt, Rabecka says you are toast tomarrow at the range, she has been praticing.

OP Offline
CONGRATULATIONS to Matt And Tiger. Wear those White Feathers proudly!!!Can't wait to see what you can do with you 1897 John.
<br>Nite}{awk

GOD Bless us All....Amen
GBB Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
GONGRATS GUYS.
<br>Matt, better get ready, I hear there is a young woman with a white feather and a disire to show you her shooting skills! I'll bet she could clean MY clock...
<br>
<br>GBB

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
You know what's really bad Rabecka decided to start her on little "Chick" shooting team, with everybodys wives and girlfriends. They have become about as formidable as the Russian women snipers of WWII. I think they are contimplating war crimes already.

John,
<br>
<br>I am new to this forum so I am maybe a little behind. I have printed of the targets for the Black Death Challenge but how do you participate. I would guess they have to be sent to someone and verified. All of this sounds really interesting.

IC B3

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
No problem ultramag, you can print your scores on the rimfire section at Marlin Talk, Marlin Firearms.com.
<br>The targets and rules are obtained at www.stararchery.net. You can contact me anytime at fptopgun@bellsouth.net This is extreamly difficult, even to world class shooters, but it makes a real rifleman out of you quicker than anything else, or you go nuts. Get ready to learn more about the 22 squirrel rifle than you ever wanted to.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
What position do you/can you use to shoot the black death challenge? Prone, off a rest?

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Unless you are a master of the kama sutra, The bench rest is the way the rules state. It should be done at 25 yards for squirrel rifles under 10 Lbs 2 ounces at 50 yards for guns over that weight. Any sights may be used, the bench rest may not be of the kind that clamp the rifle like a vise, and should be of two piece design, front and rear bag. Its hard enough from the bench, have a good day.

hey guys, new guy here on campfire im usually hanging out over at Marlintalk but boom!!! it crashed again so here i am! i see that ole John is over here driving yall crazy with the BDT too!! i think he comes over here to escape the crazies hes made with this target! but hang in there cause it can be done!!! this thing will teach ya to be a better shot!!! no doubt!!seeya guys......rimfire(whitefeather#14)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 160user, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 3,022 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,337
Posts18,468,690
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.