Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bbassi
I did that too. Ya' know what I got for it? A visit from CPS with the not so subtle insinuation that if it didn't go back on they would see me in family court. That's all the kid had to hear. It's been all down hill since then.
You got a visit from CPS for removing the door of a bedroom in your own home? Is that correct? Which communist state is this so I can avoid it all costs (which is getting harder and harder to do as the list keeps growing).

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I had a friend (co-worker) who spoiled his daughters in a big way. His excuse? He said that as a divorced parent he had to ensure his daughters would not become scarce at his house.

Once, in my presence, his daughter asked for his car. He asked back, if they had cleaned up the kitchen - as it was their chore to do. His daughter got indignant. She said she was in a rush. He said "kitchen first" - she told him (in front of me) to f*ck off before she stormed out of the house.

To make a long story short - he ended up buying her two cars (she wrecked the first one) he also paid for gas - and insurance for her. He was constantly trying to buy the company and affection of his kids.

I told him that I thought that he was in the process of creating two un-marriageable little b*tches.

It's been 20 years now - his daughters have a string of very unsuccessful relationships - they are still single, still unhappy, and still - let's just say "not very nice".

I am the father of three young girls right now. Their mom and I are divorced. We have agreed to make our girls pay for everything they have. They have been told they will be buying their own car, gas and insurance - we have said we might chip in a bit - if they stay on the honour role at school. So far, they are all on the honour role.

Raising good kids isn't brain surgery.

But - as a parent (and as a teacher) I get amazed every day at some parent's inability to connect the dots - in what should be, a simple process. Never reward bad behavior. Reward what you want to see. Be consistent. Don't move the goal-posts while the game is in session.

Besides not spoiling my girls - taking them fishing, hunting, shooting and for ATV rides in the woods - is the reward they each like best.

I'm a lucky man.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Call me a pesimist but I think little miss snot will get back at mommy and daddy and is going to go out and get hammered and pregnant with bubba from down the road just to show she is in control. I think we have all seen something like it before. Otherwise, I think daddy is trying to be a real stand up guy. It's just that his daughter does not see it. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You got a visit from CPS for removing the door of a bedroom in your own home? Is that correct?

Shocked me too. The real question being WHO alerted CPS in the first place?

We've had a few high profile tragic events in this city where CPS dropped the ball, including one where a poor little boy was taped to a bed and slowly starved to death. Shocks me even now when I drive by that part of town that such evil could occur there, right under the noses of good people all over the neighborhood.

So I'd immediately think that CPS in Bassi's neck of the woods clearly doesn't have enough to do. But then, maybe its easier to pick on the law-abiding.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
10 to 1 that the kid called CPS.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Couple of my friend's neighbors have daughters born on the same day.

One family is VERY well off, and the daughter is a bit of a snot, despite her very down-to-earth, grounded parents. Let's call them the "Jones" family...

The other family is blue-collar, with not much left after stuff is paid for, though the kid is as happy as she could be, and could care less. They'll be the "Smith" family.

Both sets of parents are good friends, and like each other and the daughters equally well.

Well, 16th birthday rolls around for each of them. Of course, both girls want a car for their 16th.

The Smith's can't swing a car, but give their daughter a very good birthday party, and she'll tickled pink with the attention, the party, and what she does receive for gifts. Her parents put some money in an account for her, to help her get started toward a car, and she's been saving along the way.

The Jones' buy their daughter a car.

It's not the car SHE said she wanted (it was a used Honda, vs. a brand new BMW), and not a color she liked, and she went absolutely apeschit. Ruined her party, threw a fit.... Her parents were mortified, hurt, and genuinely pissed.

Well, the parties were on Friday.

On Sunday, Mr. Jones comes over to the Smith house to get ready to go play golf. Miss Smith (daughter) comes down, and tell her Dad that within about 6 months, with working extra, she thinks she'll have enough to put a down payment on a decent car, and make the insurance payments for the rest of her HS career.

Mr. Jones asks how much she has saved. She tells him, and says that $X of it is for the insurance for the next two years, and she wanted that paid for first, leaving her only $Y for the car, thus far.

His response?

"Cut me a check, for that amount." And, he tossed her the keys to the car his daughter didn't appreciate.

Took a few minutes for Mr. Smith and his daughter to make sure this was happening, and to get everything kosher, but the deal was done... right then.

Little Miss Smith will be riding the bus, or buying her own car, btw.

Lessons learned, all the way around.

Well done!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B

could have been. Could also have been the school or the X. I'll never know because in this state they won't release the name of the accuser - ever.

I really regret posting what I did earlier. I don't like to air my laundry and wish you guys hadn't quoted me so I could delete it. Your story just struck a cord.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Kid, or ex (with the kid calling her).

Consider anything I quoted, deleted.

Hope others follow suit.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Next time, I'd beat CPS to the punch, and dare them to see me in family court. Wanna play? Good, let's play.

I agree. Let's play.

Last edited by sgtsmmiii; 05/31/11.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Appreciate it VA

For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And I bet the young lady who got the car didn't care what color, make or model it is either!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

could have been. Could also have been the school or the X. I'll never know because in this state they won't release the name of the accuser - ever.

I really regret posting what I did earlier. I don't like to air my laundry and wish you guys hadn't quoted me so I could delete it. Your story just struck a cord.

just so yah know you arent the only one in that boat, fortunately for me the one here that does the onsite inspection has a good head on her shoulders.....after the second visit when she told us we had to be stricter with the kids it is my understanding they kept telling those calling it in "we will look into it" after which the city police chief would get a call, he would walk over to the office and ask how the girls were doing, we would say fine, and he would walk back to his office and let CPS know nothing was going on grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rattler

grin

What's the housing market like around there? whistle

Last edited by bbassi; 05/31/11.

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Rattler;

Delete that.

Trust me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
aint nothing that isnt common knowledge here....the ex even knows what happened....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
CPS really pisses me off.

Had an incident with them a few years ago. My wife was in town and had just finished shopping. When she was putting the last of the two kids in the car something in her back popped and she instantly had terrible pain. she got in the car and started to head home, but realized that there was no way she could tolerate the pain that she was in. She drove to the nearest urgent care clinic and parked by the front door. She tried to get the kids out but was in too much pain to lift them, so she locked the doors and went into the office and let the lady at the front desk know that the kids were out there still and that she was unable to lift them out of the car seat. The nurse promptly went out and fetched the kids.

However within the two + or - minutes that the kids were unattended in the car someone must have walked by and seen them in there because later that night we got a call from CPS, and a threatening call at that, taking the kids from us was mentioned more than once. They wanted to come to the house to observe the conditions and I refused. We finally had to get a letter from our pediatrician stating that she believed we were good parents and everything else to get those azzhats off our back.

Meanwhile within a few months of this happening it turns out a kid not to far from us is found to have been abused and starved so badly that her development was set back years. She was 12 and only the size of a 6 year old. Apparently CPS had been called about this more than once but did nothing to investigate. It wasn't until one of the neighbors called animal control and reported animal abuse that someone came over to rescue the animals and found the kid in that kind of shape.

Really pisses me off that they turned there cheek on that little girl but harassed me and my wife for months over leaving a kid in a car for 2 minutes on a 55 degree day when it was physically impossible for my wife to move them. mad

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ingwe
Note to Self: Call Dr. Balice in Bozeman, and thank him again for the vasectomy...

(Smiling here...)

Note to Self: Call ingwe's vet in Bozeman, Dr Ball Ice, and thank him for all of us.

grin I love it when you leave such a good opening...

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler

grin

What's the housing market like around there? whistle

keep in mind my family has been here bout 100 years and what was reported against us was petty BS and the ex's family got in trouble over it.....wasnt a single accusation of abuse or any of that.....one of them was literally the ex saying it was to much to ask a 12 year old to make toast.....

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
i love the bed sheet idea. i think imma instigate a little drama just to try that one out!!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
AWESOME!

My little girl will turn one year old on the 2nd of June and God willing I won't have to deal with a brat like that in the next 15 years.

War Eagle, my oldest boy turns 6 on the 2nd of June. It's a good day. Mine is getting his first dirt bike, 2006 honda CRF50. Hope your little one has an awesome birthday.

Digs

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 29 invisible), 1,485 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,321
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.