24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hi my name is Seth.Thank you for the scopes.I love them.Maby I will see you some time. cool

Last edited by deg967; 03/26/11.
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks - Michael opened a package that arrived for him while we were gone this weekend... laugh

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
There was a pair of them in the box that came to my boy.

My daughter immediately called dibs on whichever one he wasn't going to use on his 9422M. She's going to put it on her pink laminate 10/22.

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks all, happy to see they made it!
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
hey if i may jump on this wagon a bit i have available if it is needed by any of these kids a 2 piece Leupold base, and leupold rings for a Browning A-Bolt (came off a micro) they are mat finish an i would ship them to any kid who has a need for them. it is only one set though. all i ask is that they be used for some kids rifle and not for some sort of E-Bay flip. i'll hold this offer open until it get's filled. no need for an essay, but if there is more than one kid out there looking for rings and bases for an A-Bolt i'll take names posted here for a while then draw one winner out of a hat. just like to give everyone a chance within reason to see it and get a chance on it.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Realize this thread is a few months old

If there's still any available I have an 11 year old niece and an 11 year old nephew "Holly & Garrett"(different parents) who spend a lot of time here in SD with my folks and myself over the summers.

Been on a recent bidding/search for a Marlin Bolt action .22 for them to use and could put a scope to good use for either of them. Added bonus, new girlfriend is also gaining interest in shooting.

Regardless, this is a great forum and a lot of good people abound on here.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
There may be more coming and I will keep them in mind if they do make it. I mailed out over 30 scopes so far. The "source" is the good guy, I am just making the connections easy.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Happy to hear it! There is just one box left unaccounted for but there have been well over 30 scopes arriving in kid hands... and several came from members that just sent them on and did not want to be named.

Thanks to all, especially that GR8, humble scope guy that does not want to be mentioned.
art

OK, I might be slow... but I have it figured out now!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
No, that's double-top-secret... Surely you have not figured that out yet! wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
There may be more coming and I will keep them in mind if they do make it. I mailed out over 30 scopes so far. The "source" is the good guy, I am just making the connections easy.

Thanks...

Here would be a potential beneficiary "Holly". I'd kidnap her in a heartbeat if her mom would let me.
[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like the Kids are set-up, thanks 24hourcampfire.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cal,

The kids at my hunt club were beneficiaries Of this tremendous gesture by Mr. Sitka and GR8 smile

I do happen to have 1 of the scopes I received with no rifle as yet....if you're interested in it please shoot me a PM and I'll pass it along.

It is a Simmons 8 Point 3x-9x in really good shape.

Robert

Last edited by Bruzer; 06/05/11.

Bruz
"You can't scare me.........I have kids"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If any kid needs one,post up,I've got an extra again!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another one shipped out today!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have a surplus 1.5 x 5 Tasco that would be available to a worth while home for a young shooter.. courtesy of some young shooters here in Oregon, that got a scope upgrade... on a rifle that was originally a gift by Archie on the forum here...

there is a 10/22 wood stock that is also available to a youth needing one...

again, courtesy of Archie for some of the boys here locally...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
A Simmons 4x32, duplex, is available if a kid needs one.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My wife's sister has a step-son. He is 19 now. When he was 17, he broke his neck while diving in a local lake. He has a very nice Winchester 308 with a heavy barrel and a flat bottomed fore end. I saw him asking around if anyone had a scope that he could borrow on Facebook. I loaned him a scope to use until the new scope that I bought him arrived. He has minimal use of his hands, as he is almost entirely paralyzed from his lower neck down. His family has been through a lot of tough times with all of the PT trips and having to buy a special van to get him to school, etc. I think his dad's pride was some what hurt when I got him the new scope. His rifle prints small clover leafs at 100 yards. He will deer hunt this year. I can hardly wait for his first post-accident kill.

When we all gathered for a family dinner for my in-laws anniversary, I got in line behind his dad, Ronnie. I told him that I had remembered that once, many years ago, I had spent every last dollar that I could spare to buy my oldest son his first deer rifle when he was ten. The problem was that I couldn't even afford a box of shells for him to hunt with it, much less get it sighted in. I reminded Ronnie that it was he, who out of the goodness of his heart, brought over a box with at least 200 rounds for us that deer season. I told him that I had wanted to do something for him ever since then, and that was what went through my mind when Cody asked for a scope on Facebook. His pride was no longer injured. He smiled like he had just got to spank M. Obama really hard.

BTW, our community is raising money so that Cody can compete in the handi-capped Olympics wheel chair race. We're getting him a special 3 wheeled racer. This kid was always wide open...he still is.

I think it's great what you are all doing to further our sport through your giving. Thanks for all that you do.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have one I am not going to use. It is a Simmons 3-9x50.
Free to a deserving kid. PM me with details....

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by LongRanger280
My wife's sister has a step-son. He is 19 now. When he was 17, he broke his neck while diving in a local lake. He has a very nice Winchester 308 with a heavy barrel and a flat bottomed fore end. I saw him asking around if anyone had a scope that he could borrow on Facebook. I loaned him a scope to use until the new scope that I bought him arrived. He has minimal use of his hands, as he is almost entirely paralyzed from his lower neck down. His family has been through a lot of tough times with all of the PT trips and having to buy a special van to get him to school, etc. I think his dad's pride was some what hurt when I got him the new scope. His rifle prints small clover leafs at 100 yards. He will deer hunt this year. I can hardly wait for his first post-accident kill.

When we all gathered for a family dinner for my in-laws anniversary, I got in line behind his dad, Ronnie. I told him that I had remembered that once, many years ago, I had spent every last dollar that I could spare to buy my oldest son his first deer rifle when he was ten. The problem was that I couldn't even afford a box of shells for him to hunt with it, much less get it sighted in. I reminded Ronnie that it was he, who out of the goodness of his heart, brought over a box with at least 200 rounds for us that deer season. I told him that I had wanted to do something for him ever since then, and that was what went through my mind when Cody asked for a scope on Facebook. His pride was no longer injured. He smiled like he had just got to spank M. Obama really hard.

BTW, our community is raising money so that Cody can compete in the handi-capped Olympics wheel chair race. We're getting him a special 3 wheeled racer. This kid was always wide open...he still is.

I think it's great what you are all doing to further our sport through your giving. Thanks for all that you do.

what a heart warming story... thanks for sharing!

prayers for the young man's recovery someday..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
490 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 45 invisible), 2,185 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.