Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DJTex

They have at times been so accurate that I've had a hard time loading something better. Kind of tickles and irritated me, at the same time...grin.

DJ

I've used them in 7-08 and 308 with the same results.....very accurate stuff.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They are definetly a good cartridge for the money. Havew a couple of friends that use them.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Have shot 9 of them into deer from a 30-06, 150 grain. Recovered none of the bullets. They did well--nice but not excessive expansion, good penetration.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Nebraska
That's definitely some high praise for Fusion ammo......guess I'll have to give it a try!!

One more thing, does anyone know what bullet they use for the 270 Win? I can't find any details on it other than it's a bonded bullet.....

I will admit that I'm relatively new to reloading compared to most here. Give it a shot and see how it does, at around $25 a box its not terribly expensive for factory loads.

Originally Posted by Blackheart
It's a Federal fusion bullet duh. You really aughtta stick to the campfire forum cuz you're obviously out of your element here Mr. genious.

One thing I'm not relatively new to is listening to douche bags.... And you sound like a used one.

One more thing for the record, it's "genius," genius.

Montani Semper Liberi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Federal Fusion are shooters in my 7-08 Rem 700 Ti Mtn Rifle. I may work up another load to compare but I'm happy with the Fusion from the Factory.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shotgun4fur
Not 270, but 243. The wife has shoot 4 deer with the 95gr fusion. Recover 2 bullets of 4 and they hold up very well. A nice mushroom and very high weight retension.

GOOD stuff.

i was going to post saying the federal fussions have performed very well for me out of my .243 but thought it's too far removed from the .270 to help the original poster, but i do have to ask (at risk of hi-jacking topic) how did you ever recover two of them? (distance and shot angle if you could?) i've used them now on about 8 deer at various ranges and i have yet to recover one. i'm not complaining, i just can't get one to stay inside any of my critters i shoot with them.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have a new DPMS 338 fed and 200 gr fusion are the ticket. I can shoot sub moa on these. Anyone have any experience with the 210 gr in the AR platform?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ReaperCrew
Originally Posted by Nebraska
That's definitely some high praise for Fusion ammo......guess I'll have to give it a try!!

One more thing, does anyone know what bullet they use for the 270 Win? I can't find any details on it other than it's a bonded bullet.....

I will admit that I'm relatively new to reloading compared to most here. Give it a shot and see how it does, at around $25 a box its not terribly expensive for factory loads.

It's a Federal fusion bullet duh. You really aughtta stick to the campfire forum cuz you're obviously out of your element here Mr. genious.

One thing I'm not relatively new to is listening to douche bags.... And you sound like a used one.

Funny stuff.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I used them in my 300WSM before I cooked up my own load. I got 2 whitetails that season between 200-300yds. Complete pass throughs and both deer dropped within 20 yds of being shot. Good ammo IMO.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Fusion website includes a link to "download our ballistics application" at the bottom of each product page, such as this one for rifle loads. Besides doing metric, it allows you to change the altitude, atmospheric conditions, max range, zero range and then it recalculates all the catalog data. It's free, fast and runs on Windows PCs. Here's what it looks like.

[Linked Image]

Federal has a similar ballistics application for all their loads. You can download it from this page on their website. Besides all the data, the box and bullet images are a nice touch.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that is pretty cool...

Andrew
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
180 GR. Fusions have worked well in my Browning Bar MK II and Model 700 30.06 rifles. Great deer round and pretty darn accurate.

NEVER GIVE UP
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I was hoping someone would give a report on 6.5 x 55 swede Fusions, because I want to try them. The weird thing is the fusion loads are a quite a bit slower than the standard powershocks and it wasn't a misprint.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
J
jcc Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
All good in our .270's. Accurate and deadly on deer and hogs.

jcc

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Not in the 270 but in the 270WSM. Off the shelve its comes the closest to my reloads in accuracy.

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by ReaperCrew

pwned!

RLTW
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
Originally Posted by shotgun4fur
Not 270, but 243. The wife has shoot 4 deer with the 95gr fusion. Recover 2 bullets of 4 and they hold up very well. A nice mushroom and very high weight retension.

GOOD stuff.

i was going to post saying the federal fussions have performed very well for me out of my .243 but thought it's too far removed from the .270 to help the original poster, but i do have to ask (at risk of hi-jacking topic) how did you ever recover two of them? (distance and shot angle if you could?) i've used them now on about 8 deer at various ranges and i have yet to recover one. i'm not complaining, i just can't get one to stay inside any of my critters i shoot with them.

1 @ 125 ish yards and 1 @ 225 ish, broadside busting shoulders. Both bullets were just laying between the meat and hide.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Haven't shot anything with it in .270, but Fusion ammo stopped me from selling a so-so perfomer in .308. That particular rifle purely loved Fusion ammo. From everything I've seen to date, performance in most deer-appropriate calibers is entirely acceptable on deer-sized game.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,809 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,574
Posts18,453,925
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.