Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
1903 Remington action, 26" heavy tapered barrel in .257 Roberts. Excellent cond. bluing is perfect, very nice wood. $750.00 + shipping.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

JohnP
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
**Reduced to $700.00**

BTTT

JohnP
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will offer you the real world price of $250.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I don't think your in the "real world."

JohnP
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by johnp034
I don't think your in the "real world."
He most certainly is. Your gun is a crudely sporterized military rifle. It just doesn't possess any particular desirability that would justify the price you're asking. It has no collector value and would be of most use to a hunter or shooter. And at the price you're asking, it's very possible to buy a used Remington 700 Classic or NEW Ruger 77 in that caliber with a little cash left over or for $200 or so more a Kimber Montana. I think you'd be lucky to get $400 out of that rig. That's reality.

You'd think someone who lists their occupation as "retail gun sales" would understand that.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's not often I would agree with BT,but this time...yea
Those old sportized military rifles are sometimes cool...
but not $700 cool.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Mr. Bricktop, if you knew anything at all about Harry Creighton, I don't believe you would refer to this rifle as a "crudely sporterized military rifle." Also, you might want to check prices on an "antiquated" 1903 action and also on a custom barrel and also on a price for a quality gunsmith to put the whole thing together.

JohnP
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mr. Bricktop, if you knew anything at all about Harry Creighton, I don't believe you would refer to this rifle as a "crudely sporterized military rifle." Also, you might want to check prices on an "antiquated" 1903 action and also on a custom barrel and also on a price for a quality gunsmith to put the whole thing together.
So, uh, how's the selling going, sport? This is the second ad you've run for this rifle and I don't exactly see a hell of a lot of interest.

You know, for someone who lists in their profile their occupation as "retail gun sales," you seem to be pretty dense. Or at least far removed from reality. Have you ever heard the expression "the sum of the parts is greater than the whole?" Do you understand what it means? Because it certainly applies here.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Your occupation seems to be, other than telling people the incorrect way to ship firearms, is to crap on everyone elses posts when you have no interest in them whatsoever. I may be a bit dense, but your an awful lot stupid! And you know what? You can't fix stupid.

JohnP
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your occupation seems to be, other than telling people the incorrect way to ship firearms, is to crap on everyone elses posts when you have no interest in them whatsoever. I may be a bit dense, but your an awful lot stupid! And you know what? You can't fix stupid.
So, uh, sold the rifle yet? That's going to be the real definition of stupid. You should accept the $250 offer. Or at least start bargaining from that point. Because the window is getting ready to close on that one.

Look at my posts as free BTTs. There's no effort on your part.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's a reasonably decent 1903 sporter for a scant $200 more than your tent stake: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=234976438

FYI, yours is a long, long, LOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGG way from that one in terms of quality.

You really are pretty damned dumb for someone who lists their occupation as "retail gun sales." And thin skinned, too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you ever quit this forum, Rastus, I'm gonna resign! grin

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
"Bricktop" is 100 percent spot on. As is "rifle" - above. What do you think.... that this Harry Creighton only made nothing but jewels??? Take a look at your own crude rifle and you can see that is NOT the case.
And how do you know that is a Douglas barrel? And not a second or third quality reject even is it is.
I saw a much better 1903 Spfld for sale with Custom thumb hole stock in nicely figured walnut (not that ugly beater - war surplus stock you have), custom re-barrel, light custom trigger, willams sights, etc. I don't know who the smith was - but obviously knew his stuff. And the price tag was $319!!!!
$319 - less than half of what you are asking - and for a much better rifle.
Dude - get a clue. You've got an old beater war surplus that was converted (and quite crudely at that) into a 257 Roberts hunter/shooter. It is NOT a collectors piece, work of art, nor anything else.

Last edited by Redbone311; 06/11/11.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I think all of these comments regarding the seller's asking price should be reserved for PMs and not posted on his ad. Let the man ask what he wants for his rifle. If you don't wish to purchase it at the price, move on....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Couesdeer
I think all of these comments regarding the seller's asking price should be reserved for PMs and not posted on his ad. Let the man ask what he wants for his rifle. If you don't wish to purchase it at the price, move on....
This is more fun. Especially with someone who identifies themselves as in "retail gun sales."

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Another way for you to increase what people are willing to pay for your rifle is to shoot a few groups and post those. If it shoots really well, someone will pay a premium for it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by adrianrog
Another way for you to increase what people are willing to pay for your rifle is to shoot a few groups and post those. If it shoots really well, someone will pay a premium for it.
Like who? Because all I see is an ex-military action with a bunch of extra holes drilled in it, brass filler screws, an overly polished oddball bluing job, an excessive amount of bolt jeweling, a semi-finished varnished stock devoid of checkering -- but with a cool rollover monte carlo comb -- and an obscure gunsmith's name stamped on the barrel. It would have to have some provenance as a world record holder in terms of accuracy before anyone would pay a nickel over what a good Remington 700 or Ruger 77 or Winchester Model 70 or Kimber would do.

Take note of the seller. He lists his occupation as "retail gun sales." Take note of his post traffic on here; the vast majority of it is in the classified ads and for things he's trying to sell. It would appear to me that he's operating a business. I don't know if he has a brick and mortar store, but if he did, how would he conduct himself there? Would he throw a fit if someone commented on his price there? Because I can tell you right now, this little gem would sit and sit and sit and very likely sit until doomsday, because a hacked up 1903 action is a long damned ways from a G&H sporter. And if he thinks otherwise, then he needs to start looking for another occupation muy pronto.

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I really can't believe that the Moderators on this forum allow some joke of a person to post comments like above.If you do not want to pay his asking price then move on to the next post, pretty simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wildwv
I really can't believe that the Moderators on this forum allow some joke of a person to post comments like above.If you do not want to pay his asking price then move on to the next post, pretty simple.
This is more fun. Besides that, he's running a business via the free clasifieds. Candyass.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by wildwv

Have to agee with you

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

358 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 43 invisible), 2,584 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,014
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.