Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by andrews1958
Originally Posted by wildwv
I really can't believe that the Moderators on this forum allow some joke of a person to post comments like above.If you do not want to pay his asking price then move on to the next post, pretty simple.
Have to agee with you
Nobody likes a whiner.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Nobody likes a whiner.

You'd think someone who lists their occupation as "retail gun sales" would understand that.

You know, for someone who lists in their profile their occupation as "retail gun sales," you seem to be pretty dense.

You really are pretty damned dumb for someone who lists their occupation as "retail gun sales."

Especially with someone who identifies themselves as in "retail gun sales."

He lists his occupation as "retail gun sales.

Waaaaaa Bricktop, why are you whining about someone's occupation? All of the above from one thread. If the rifle is not priced correctly for the market, it won't sell.

Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Here's a reasonably decent 1903 sporter for a scant $200 more than your tent stake: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=234976438

FYI, yours is a long, long, LOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGG way from that one in terms of quality.

You really are pretty damned dumb for someone who lists their occupation as "retail gun sales." And thin skinned, too.

Your right Mr. Wonderful, mine is a looooooooooooooonnnnnggggggg way from that one, about $549 from the "buy now" price, and a loooooonnnnnngggg way from the 85% condition of your comparative, also, I'd like to see some particulars on the $319 special that Cabela's has, that must be a beauty also. I don't believe I've ever seen a $319 rifle listed at any Cabela's. They wouldn't lower their standards.

Also, not that I have to explain anything to you, just because my occcupation is "retail gun sales", doesn't mean I own the facility, and doesn't mean I can't sell my own personal firearms on this website.

JohnP
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
perhaps...Provenance, from the French provenir, "to come from", means the origin, or the source of something, or the history of the ownership or location of an object.[1] The term was originally mostly used for works of art, but is now used in similar senses in a wide range of fields, including science and computing. Typical uses may cover any artifact found in archaeology, any object in paleontology, certain documents (such as manuscripts), or copies of printed books. In most fields, the primary purpose of provenance is to confirm or gather evidence as to the time, place, and�when appropriate�the person responsible for the creation, production, or discovery of the object. This will typically be accomplished by tracing the whole history of the object up to the present. Comparative techniques, expert opinions, and the results of scientific tests may also be used to these ends, but establishing provenance is essentially a matter of documentation.

In archaeology (particularly North American archaeology and anthropological archaeology throughout the world), the term provenience is used somewhat similarly to "provenance". Archaeological researchers use provenience to refer to the three-dimensional location of an artifact or feature within an archaeological site,[2] as opposed to provenance, which includes an artifact's complete documented history.

perhaps....

Charlie

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by like2shoot
Nobody likes a whiner.

You'd think someone who lists their occupation as "retail gun sales" would understand that.

You know, for someone who lists in their profile their occupation as "retail gun sales," you seem to be pretty dense.

You really are pretty damned dumb for someone who lists their occupation as "retail gun sales."

Especially with someone who identifies themselves as in "retail gun sales."

He lists his occupation as "retail gun sales.

Waaaaaa Bricktop, why are you whining about someone's occupation? All of the above from one thread. If the rifle is not priced correctly for the market, it won't sell.
Nope, I don't see a single thing that would indicate I was whining; i.e., to complain in a sniveling, self-pitying way. You know, people like you, whose feelings tend to get hurt over an exchange on an internet message board. I have made a few observations. You do know what an OBSERVATION is, don't you? Since this is something that has quite obviously escaped your feeble little mind, allow me to explain: an observation is something I have noticed or perceived. And I have NOTICED that this person lists his occupation as "retail gun sales." And I'm pretty sure that retail gun sales involves personal interaction with the public, properly pricing and marketing guns, fielding questions and comments, etc. It would seem a person who lists their occupation as "retail gun sales," yet can't grasp those fundamentals might ought to be honing their resume for another line of work. I hear Wal-Fart is hiring.

And for your very obvious conclusion, I don't see this rifle selling, do you? So what does that indicate with regards to the pricing? Do you think it's priced correctly for the market? I'm guessing, little man, that the OBVIOUS answer is going to be NO.

You're really quick-witted, huh?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by johnp034
Here's a reasonably decent 1903 sporter for a scant $200 more than your tent stake: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=234976438FYI, yours is a long, long, LOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGG way from that one in terms of quality.

You really are pretty damned dumb for someone who lists their occupation as "retail gun sales." And thin skinned, too.
Your right Mr. Wonderful, mine is a looooooooooooooonnnnnggggggg way from that one, about $549 from the "buy now" price, and a loooooonnnnnngggg way from the 85% condition of your comparative, also, I'd like to see some particulars on the $319 special that Cabela's has, that must be a beauty also. I don't believe I've ever seen a $319 rifle listed at any Cabela's. They wouldn't lower their standards.

Also, not that I have to explain anything to you, just because my occcupation is "retail gun sales", doesn't mean I own the facility, and doesn't mean I can't sell my own personal firearms on this website.
So, uh, anyone buy your rifle yet, smart guy?

Take note that safariman just sold a rifle very similar to yours with a scope and a Boyd's stock for $400 shipped.

Someone offered a you a real world price of $250 for your rifle. It's time to leave fantasy land and decide if you want to sell this. Or not.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm with Bricktop on this. He tried to educate the guy but dude refused to take what appears to be very good advice. OP should wise up if he wants to sell any guns here as there really are not many here stupid enough to pay that much for that chunk of iron. A few, probably, but they ain't got any money.

Wise up,Johnp034.

Last edited by Bigbuck215; 06/12/11.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Here's a reasonably decent 1903 sporter for a scant $200 more than your tent stake: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=234976438

FYI, yours is a long, long, LOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGG way from that one in terms of quality.

Cabelas even sells guns for $99.99. Look at their advertisements. They recently sold brand new guns for that low.
So why would they not sell used for more. DUH !

And that rifle was WAAAYYYYYYYYYYY better than you boat paddle.

By the way, how is the sales on this rifle going. Lots of bites on this one huh? So far I see one offer for $250.

yet you still are not smart enough to catch on.

And by the way folks: I DID try and email this dim-wit w/ a PM before all this. He gave me chit instead.

Last edited by Redbone311; 06/15/11.
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Gee whiz, I'm so sorry, I didn't know I had to ask for permission and advise on pricing my guns to sell on this forum. Next time I'll be sure to check with you three experts.

JohnP
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I think you mean adviCe. Not advise.
But yes, you would be wise to listen to just about anyone's advice. As on your own, you don't seem to catch on, even after getting hit in the head with several bricks.

You sure don't need permission. But listening to some other people who were trying to help you might be a good idea.
Your ignorance and stubbornness cause the help to turn a bit though.

Good luck with your "sale".

IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I don't think your in the "real world."

If this were just some sporterized Springfield 03-A3 John would be wrong.

HW Creighton was a benchrest gunsmith. I have a 6mm-250 on a Remington-built 03-A3 with a Sako take-off barrel built by Creighton it is crazy accurate. I'm sure this one is no different.

Now there is a lot of room between the $700 asking price and the $250 this "real world" person threw out, but there can be no doubt that this "real world" offer was based upon ignorance of the rifle.

If I had the cash I'd definately be on this. If it performs anything like my 6mm it'll make someone very, very happy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by efw
I don't think your in the "real world."
If this were just some sporterized Springfield 03-A3 John would be wrong.

HW Creighton was a benchrest gunsmith. I have a 6mm-250 on a Remington-built 03-A3 with a Sako take-off barrel built by Creighton it is crazy accurate. I'm sure this one is no different.

Now there is a lot of room between the $700 asking price and the $250 this "real world" person threw out, but there can be no doubt that this "real world" offer was based upon ignorance of the rifle.

If I had the cash I'd definately be on this. If it performs anything like my 6mm it'll make someone very, very happy.
So if this thing is so damned good and such a "bargain," why hasn't anyone snapped it up?

As much as it hurts your feelings and bruises yours and the seller's egos, $250 is much closer to a realistic selling price on this rifle. It seems most likely Mr. Craigslist here is in the business of buying and selling guns and paid too damned much for this one to turn a profit.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
No bruising of my or the seller's egos, bricktop.

The fact that you ignore is that unsolicited advice is worth as much as is paid for it. If someone wants to offer a firearm for sale on this site at a price that is too high, that is their right.

It seems to me that it is your ego that needs feeding. Everytime I see you involved in a thread it becomes a personal, name-calling cluster-cuss. You're always offering unsolicited advice and getting into these stupid arguments about nothing and it appears that it is to somehow prove your "expertise" to a group of people who really don't care.

It is bad form to criticize an offering price in the public forum. If you make an offer via PM and don't get the response you desire, move along. As has been pointed out here already, there have been Springfields offered here for less money. Go buy one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well stated. Couldn't agree more.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+1 on well stated and couldnt agree more!!!

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Thank you efw, for your positive feedback! This rifle is a tack driver, as you stated, all of Harry Creighton's are. I also have one of his in a .220 Swift that shoots 1/4" holes all day long. Won't be selling that one anytime soon.

JohnP
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by efw
No bruising of my or the seller's egos, bricktop.

The fact that you ignore is that unsolicited advice is worth as much as is paid for it. If someone wants to offer a firearm for sale on this site at a price that is too high, that is their right.

It seems to me that it is your ego that needs feeding. Everytime I see you involved in a thread it becomes a personal, name-calling cluster-cuss. You're always offering unsolicited advice and getting into these stupid arguments about nothing and it appears that it is to somehow prove your "expertise" to a group of people who really don't care.

It is bad form to criticize an offering price in the public forum. If you make an offer via PM and don't get the response you desire, move along. As has been pointed out here already, there have been Springfields offered here for less money. Go buy one.
Who the f*ck are you, the politeness police? I didn't realize the flavor of the day was now candyass.

You and johnp034 can try and spin this nine ways to Sunday, but here's the reality: the gun being sold is nothing more than a fairly crude sporter built on a military 1903 action. It's not a G&H sporter. The gunsmith in question was only a regional gunsmith of average ability; there's no great fan base out there trying to locate his rifles as they would a Fred Wells or Lenard Brownell. Similar rifles don't sell for anywhere near the asking price this pogue is asking. Is any of this sinking in yet?

The seller has identified himself as employed in "retail gun sales," yet he seems to be completely detached from this. He offers misleading items for sale. (Anyone recall his "Remington Rand" 1911 and the offense he took when it was pointed out that this was NOT what he was selling?) And now he's selling this crude military sporter. And when someone shot him an offer, he took offense at that.

There's just no demand for this rifle at the price offered. Period. That's reality. You can sure as hell sit on it at $750 and that's all that'll happen. Read it and weep.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Can't say much for the aesthetics of john's rifle. Does your rifle look any better? I'd like to see some pics.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Thanks for proving my point... and for the avatar... my boys crack up every time they see it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by efw
Thanks for proving my point... and for the avatar... my boys crack up every time they see it.
Proving your point on what? You've expended a hell of a lot of effort trying to sell this fence post of a rifle, but I don't see any buyers. And for all of your bluster, you sure as hell ain't one. Funny how that is, huh?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 222ND, 76 invisible), 2,787 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.