Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
You used my method ? Ok.
I've noticed that some 4a'a have even heavier thick sections than the Leupold Heavy Duplex, that and their more open feel make them a good choice for those that don't need the ranging/hold off or hold over qualities that I like in the duplexes.
What I thought you were trying to say was that the etched reticle of the Swaro was somehow sharper than the electroform reticle of the Leupold. That hasn't been the case from what I've seen. But it is if the user doesn't go far enough to focus both the reticle and each scope's image for the same range.
Nice to hear from you. E

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JasonF
I own and hunt both Leupold VX3 and Swaro Z3 scopes. To my eye the Swaro is significantly better in colour cast (doesn't have the Leupie yellow tinge), resolution and contrast. Well worth the additional money IMO.

You're talking VX-3?
While each set of eyes is different, I don't see a yellow cast with the new VX3's. In fact, I've not experienced it with VXIII either.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDFinn

That's the first question I ask a potential outfitter.......Do you recommend Swaro or Leupold scopes ?..............That way I instantly know if I'm dealing with a serious outfitter or a fly by night hack.

Falderal. I'm quite interested in seeing picts from some of these guided hunts.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
Originally Posted by Eremicus
How did you focus both scopes ? E

I actually focus Leupolds very carefully,and pretty much follow your technique.

The Swaro has a fast focus eyepiece,so I just turn it till things look right.

I have not compared either of these scopes to my Ziess Conquests,but I will really soon.

I can tell you that neither of them is in the same league optically with a big Victory series Ziess,but they cost twice as much as a Swaro Z3.

Thanks for the info doc and I completely agree with your reasoning. Now I'll put you on the spor further; if money were no object and you needed the very BEST light transmitting scope on the market, say for an 80 yard shot at a big cat in twilight conditions, what specific scope would you use? jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Jorge,

You would be welcome to come up here and look through my scopes and make you own call.

I personally would go with a Ziess Victory with an illuminated reticle in 2.5-10x50 or 3-12x56.

But the Schmidt & Bender is very close and might look better to your eyes.

I do like the fact that the lotutec coating on the Ziess is very resistant to fogging up from your breath. This is a factor when I kill hogs in the dark in warm temps and could matter on some leopard hunts depending on the season.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by RDFinn

That's the first question I ask a potential outfitter.......Do you recommend Swaro or Leupold scopes ?..............That way I instantly know if I'm dealing with a serious outfitter or a fly by night hack.

Falderal. I'm quite interested in seeing picts from some of these guided hunts.

dood..

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
wonder how the summit would compare to the other 1" tubes?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
122 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 15 invisible), 1,835 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,684
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.