24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I want the Vinci but I'm trying to decide on the original vs the newer Super Vinci.
Does anyone have a link to or know what the specs are on each for comparison?
I'm not ready to buy yet, but I'd like have the info to plan on.

Thanks,
Jeff

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeffpg
I want the Vinci but I'm trying to decide on the original vs the newer Super Vinci.
Does anyone have a link to or know what the specs are on each for comparison?
I'm not ready to buy yet, but I'd like have the info to plan on.

Thanks,
Jeff

Have you thought about going to the Benelli website and looking? Seems logical and simple enough...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
K
K
For what it's worth. Brand new to the shotgun world. After researching and speaking with some friends decided on the Benelli Vinci. Felt the best, liked the weight and even though I'm meticulous about cleaning my firearms, it's an easier break down and cleaning job.
Only shot about 30 shells in my life until yesterday when we took it out to break it in. Shot over 350 shells. I'm a small guy, 6 ft only 180 lbs but broad shoulders. The only thing sore this morning is my back from leaning over to grab more shells. Shot mostly trap shells, but did shoot 4 boxes of field loads as well, 2 boxes of 2 3/4 Win. #4 steel and 2 boxes of 3 in Win #4 steel.
A friend on mine has the Baretta 391 and I shot one round with it. But I really couldn't notice a difference in the recoil. If pressed, I'd have to say the Berretta was a little lighter in the kicking department, but just doesn't feel as good in my hands. Go by what feels better.

The 7 P's: Proper Preperation Prevents Pathetically Piss Poor Performance
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Inline Inertia Driven shotguns have a lot of recoil, I had a Benelli and it also jammed after 10 boxes of shells on the dove field. The Benelli also turned my shoulder green from recoil(T shirt only as clothing).

I now have beretta 391 and it is a pussy cat compared to the recoil of the benelli.

Guess what guns they provide to shooters in Argentina when shooting Doves???? Answer, Beretta 390's and 391's in 20 ga.
You can forget about the Beretta's having to be cleaned often.

Krueger, if you shot the Benelli first, then the Beretta, your shoulder was sensitve from that hard kicker. Next time, shoot the beretta first, then the Benelli...it rock your world.

In an inerta driven shotgun, the only thing that absorbs recoil is a rubber bushing on the back of the bolt and in the rear of the action, the rest of the recoil goes to your shoulder.

I'll eat a rat before I own another Benelli anything, kicking bastards! Of course, after you put down $1200+ on a shotgun, it is hard to admit you just got the schitt kicked out of you.

I shoot my Beretta in Sporting Clays, some loads run hot. It is easier to recover for 2nd and 3rd shots with a shotgun that kicks less, Clay targets and live game.

My coyote loads run 1 5/8 oz of #4 Buckshot at 1300 fps, this load really tells if a shotgun is helping you out in recoil. My Benelli felt like a Rem 870 in recoil, while there was a noticable difference in Recoil reduction between the Benelli and a Remington 1100 and Remington 11-87 and even less recoil in the Beretta 390 and 391. Even a Browning Gold had much less recoil than the Benelli.

If you are even the least recoil sensitive, shoot heavy loads in light clothing, looking for fast recovery time for follow up shots, get a gas operated shotgun.

I shot a the new Rem gas operated auto last Sunday and it has very little recoil, also. The new Rem gas auto has a totally different gas design than the 1100, 11-87, and Beretta.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Isn't it interesting how we all perceive recoil? I have two Benelli M1S90's and my son has a Vinci and neither one of us consider them "kickers." I've owned Beretta, Browning, Franchi, Remington, and Winchester semi-auto's to compare and the Benelli doesn't bother me one bit. My son just got rid of a jamming Winchester SX3 for his Vinci and is glad to be rid of the SX3. My coyote load is 1 1/2 ounces of tungsten BB's at 1,350 fps. I've patterned hundreds of heavy magnum coyote and/or turkey loads through my M1's and never payed it much mind. We just did the same for his Vinci and quite honestly I think it recoils a bit more than my old M1S90. He says he can't tell any difference between them.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
MOCG, I think it depends on how you came to the inertia guns. I shot Winchester M1300 and Browning BPS pump actions for years using assorted 12 gauge, 3" magnum loads (for waterfowl and turkey). When I switched to a Benelli M-2 last season I could tell I was getting far less recoil on my shoulder than I got with the pump guns. If I had started with 12 gauge gas guns, shooting the same ammo, I may feel that I was getting more recoil from the inertia gun - I believe it is all relative to what you consider recoil to normally feel like. Odessa

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
In an inerta driven shotgun, the only thing that absorbs recoil is a rubber bushing on the back of the bolt and in the rear of the action, the rest of the recoil goes to your shoulder.

Huh? I dont think u know what u are talking about. There is no rubber anything on the bolt of any benelli. The recoil absorption is found on the stock of the
Sbe2. There is a buffer like system on the action spring plunger that protects the plunger and action tube when shooting heavy 3.5 loads. This is not a recoil reduction system. The first sbe's did not have a recoil management system.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
HuntingSmith, the shotgun that I had was a SBE.

I'm always willing to try something new. How does the SBE2 alter the recoil compared to the same weight gun in a pump or over and under?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Keith sorry but you have no clue. Nothing rubber on the bolt of any of the three M1's I have and shoot. Beretta's in Argentina? well that would really depend on the outfit. I have seen more Beretta's used in Mexico then I have in Argentina. Both are great guns with +/-'s. You make me wonder how I ever made AA class in sporting clays shooting a Benelli M1. I have over 50,000 rounds thru one of mine and the only jams I have ever had was from very light loads that failed to eject.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I think Tom Knapp put 450,000 plus documented rounds through one single Benelli M1 with no parts breakages or malfunctions. It is in the Benelli main offices on display. That's a pretty tough track record to beat. Neither one of my M1S90's have ever bobbled even when hot, cold, dry, wet, covered in mud, ice or snow, clean or dirty. Gives me confidence... smile

keith,
Even given equal weights the slowing of the recoil impulse from the semi-auto is going to alter the perception of the recoil. Recoil doesn't feel like a "jab" or "jolt" (as when firing a fixed breech gun) and is more of a "push" instead. Granted, the lightweight inertia guns probably do recoil more sharply than a heavy weight gas gun like an M1100. To me personally my M1's recoil is more pleasant than my near same weight 870's and hunting model Beretta O/U's. I do like the Beretta semi-auto's too and if not shooting a Benelli I could be happy with one of the Beretta guns.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Bottom line for me, SBE 12ga turned my arm green from bruising, then I shot left handed for 5 boxes, that arm turned green from bruising also....walmart dove loads.

I am only comenting on the SBE-I.

I also do not shoot pumps anymore and sold my expensive over and unders. The slow push of the gas operated guns is what I need. Sharp recoil will eventually make me start jerking the trigger and lifting my head off the stock.

Most of the time I am shooting a lot of shot shells, I am wearing a very thin shirt.

I never had an issue with the Beretta's jamming, nor the Browning Gold for that matter.

To me, Inertia recoil system = heavy felt recoil.

You never forget a shotgun turning your arm green from dove loads....never.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
That sounds more like a bad fit then heavy recoil. If it beat you up that bad you didn't have the buttpad in tight in the arm pocket. But if it makes you feel better go right ahead and blame the gun.

K
K
Keith
For what it's worth, if you read my post I said that the barrette didn't kick as much as the benelli.
Anybody out there have an opinion on "slug guns".....

The 7 P's: Proper Preperation Prevents Pathetically Piss Poor Performance
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have a slug barrel for the M1. No complaints with it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I have a slug barrel for the M1. No complaints with it.

Is that rifled?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
yes

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I've shot 1100's for years and like the way they feel and shoot. I have an M2 Benelli and like it a lot. I've handled the new Beretta A400 Xplor and IMHO, it is the finest shotgun of its type. Just wish I owned one, but they're a bit pricey at $1,600 or so. And there aren't any used ones that I've seen. Guess I gotta wait that one out...

DF

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
No there aren't any used and for that matter many that have been delievered yet. I know several people that ordered theirs many months ago and are still waiting. Beretta claims they are starting to come in now. Personally I do not care for the A400 but I do like the 391.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I'm currious why you like the 391 better than the 400. They both handle very well. I just liked the way the 400 felt and looked. From what they say, it seems to be state of the art. I Guess time will tell on that.

DF

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Felt recoil has nothing to do w reliability. Dont get me started on browning golds. Can't compare an old sbe to a new 390 series. Gas and inertia really can't be compared in felt recoil. Gas wins everytime. Bt the reliability dept. Goes towards the inertia. Just a more simple,shorter and more direct action. Beretta on the range.. Benelli in the field. I would bet that there will be hardly any parts available for either the 400 or the Vinci this season.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
686 members (12308300, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,798 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,632
Posts18,398,846
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.