Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Boyd,
<br>
<br>Yes, it IS cool alright [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>No, I have not seen what a 220gr or 300gr Matchking does to a woodchuck at 500 plus yards, I can only imagine. Does the word EXPLODING sound appropriate? LOL
<br>
<br>I beleive the "Exploding Varmint" video that I mentioned was advertised in "Varmint Hunter" magazine. Dave bought the video and while watching it,,,,,it was cool, to say the least. They just "turned" those prarie dogs off, lol.
<br>If memory serves me correctly there were 500 actual hits shown on that video.
<br>
<br>Keep me informed on "your" video, I would enjoy seeing the results of your practice and dedication at long range.
<br>
<br>Don [Linked Image]
<br>

Groove Bullets - Get in the Groove
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Damn you guys,,,you are hooking me, line and sinker, lol.
<br>
<br>PBLR,
<br>
<br>I would really enjoy hunting with you guys for woodchucks, or any animal for that matter. I am sure I could learn a lot from all of your experience AND if I managed to hit a few woodchucks along the way, we could all enjoy. Besides, we could all use more people for friends that enjoy a common interest.
<br>
<br>Just one thing though, you can't be laughing at my PURPLE & WHITE marble colored stock I have on my rifle ,,,I am very sensitive guy ya know, lol. Dave still doesn't believe I actually have a McMillan Hunter Class PURPLE & WHITE marble pattern stock, lol. Everytime I get it out of the softcase he DOES sort of look at it strange, [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Troy? (checking the map, hey Dave, where the heck is Troy? They have lots of woodchucks [Linked Image])
<br>I just hate to see a place that has way to many woodchucks, we need to get over there and watch how the "experts" do it and learn how it is done. [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>I, for one, would relish the opportunity to have you spot for me. Thanks for the very kind offer.
<br>
<br>Don [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>P.S. We will have to get together this summer.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Boyd,
<br>
<br>I have heard of PJ's but not being a stereo nut myself I have never been there or used their services. PJ's is on the East Side of Erie and I am on the west side. I do have a radio, cassette player, CD player in my car but almost never turn it on.
<br>
<br>I would rather kill varmints and watch them explode. Thats music to me ears [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Have a good one,
<br>
<br>Don [Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don.. How would your buddy feel about a green a black stock.I have the same stock.Just green and black.I kinda like the look's of the purple and white one's.My wife told me if I wanted her to shoot my big gun in 1000 yard comp's this year.I would have to paint it pink with purple poke-a dot's.What would you buddy say about that one???????LoL!!!!!

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
DON,
<br>I have a purple / Teal marble stock on my 30Hart . But it doesn't have any trouble at all turning brown to red. lol
<br>We'll have to hook up this summer and go smash a few.
<br>Troy is in Tioga county (I Think) lots of hogs and quite a few farmers willing to let ya dis,dis,dis, bahdeet, bahdeet, bahdeet. ka,ka,kill them. Sorry just got tounge tied thinkin about the right words to use.lol I wonder what the 300 grn sierra would do to a hog? Anyone know? I never tried it. YET!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Last edited by PBLR; 03/04/02.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Boyd,
<br>
<br>I have a Stolle Panda action (223 bolt face) sitting here and a Jewel 1lb trigger. Now all I need is a Hart light Varmint barrel and a McMillan Hunter class stock in the PINK & WHITE marble pattern - for my daughter. I think Dave will smile when he see's your rifle. At 100 and 200 yard bench rest competitions I am sure he has seen all sorts of configurations, colors and patterns. I recall him telling me about one with SMILEY faces all over it.
<br>
<br>I say, when a woodchuck see's PURPLE he dies, lol.
<br>
<br>Have a good one,
<br>
<br>Don [Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
PBLR,
<br>
<br>I fully understand the brown turning to red, [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Sounds like a plan, as said before, I would enjoy hunting with you guys. We will have to work it out some Saturday.
<br>
<br>I just got back from a hog hunt in Texas about 4 weeks ago. I wasn't fortunate enough to have killed a hog but I had a hell of a good time. I can't wait to go back. I was using my 300 win mag - 180gr ballistic tips. I did learn a lot on that first trip. My next trip I will be using my 375 H&H AI and either 270gr X Bullets or GS Custom HV bullets in 265gr. It will depend on which bullet shoots best. My reason on selecting the 375 H&H AI is that at night it is not always easy to tell which way the hog is facing. I figure with one of those 2 bullets it won't really matter.
<br>
<br>I have a Schmidt & Bender 4 to 16 X 50 PM II scope on my 300 win mag. I am checking into 3rd generation night vision scopes that will allow me to hunt even later. If that isn't an option I am also looking at an Illuminated reticle on a Schmidt & Bender scope.
<br>
<br>The ranch foreman swears by his 7 STW and 140gr ballistic tips for hogs. Our guide uses a 220 swift, I don't recal which bullet.
<br>
<br>If you know of a ranch where they have lots of hogs and have been before, if you would be so kind, forward the info. I went once so far and I surely plan on going again.
<br>
<br>Have a good one,
<br>
<br>Don [Linked Image]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

341 members (16penny, 1_deuce, 204guy, 1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 44 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,343
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.