Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Only piece of Kryptek gear that I could find available was the Koldo Blockade jacket in large on up. I need something soon as I have a scouting trip coming up the middle of this month.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I called these guys and asked about the materials and none of their soft shell or pants have stretch in them.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Do you know what they are using to make their jackets/pants waterproof? I've been waiting for 2 days for an asnwer myself.

Steelhead

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
No I don't I looked at the cabelas web site and there is no or very little information but they did say it was 3 layer? Plus no pit zips either.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Josh did say that it was guaranteed 100% waterproof which should be good enough but I'd still like to know what they use. No pit zips is a bummer but I can still live without them.

Steelhead

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
It amazes me why any one would make rain gear without pit zips for hunters they must all think we set around in trees and don't move. When its cold that is fine if moving but climbing or covering ground elk hunting. I just don't get it?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Funny thing is, i've been hunting since I was 13 and never knew nor cared about pit zips and got along in the mountains just fine.

Now with all this new technology people are wanting lighter gear and still want the same performace of the heavier stuff.

Steelhead

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I have the MT050 and hate it. I thought I was always wet from sweating but took it out fishing and stayed wet the entire day. Get the Kuiu gear and stay dry all day.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have been hunting since I was 12 and that was about 42 years ago and If they had pit zips we would have been using them then.

Last edited by ehunter; 07/08/11.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
All my rain gear is the mt050. I have the light and heavy. Its the best Ive found, but not perfect. Whats Kuiu?

Joseph

Joseph
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
for lightweight, I went Frogg Toggs for a few years, but my fave lt. wt. rain gear is Red Ledge, you have to be careful though, some models have pit zips others don't.

pitzips are like microwaves and fax machines, we never knew we needed them until we got em, now I can't live without them

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by okiebowhunter
All my rain gear is the mt050. I have the light and heavy. Its the best Ive found, but not perfect. Whats Kuiu?

Joseph

Kuiu is a new company started by the founder of Sitka gear. They have some really nice products. The rain gear is top notch. I haven't tried it in a serious downpour yet but I was in moderate rain hiking and did not get wet at all. A first for me. All my other rain gear either keeps you dry from the rain and soaked from sweating or just let's the rain in.
Very comfortable and I wear it for wind protection as well. More money than the MT050 but the Kuiu Chugach rain gear will actually keep you dry. When you get to where you are going shake it and all the water flys off with basically no drying period, MT050 takes a day to dry out once hung in the house. Couldn't imagine how screwed up that would be in a tent.
I didn't want to spend that much on rain gear but after thinking about it I already have four different kinds that none have worked for more than a couple trips and now sit in the closet.
Buy one good set and be done with it.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I went from Impertechs to Red Ledge Free Rein for my sheep pack. 12 oz tops 9 oz bottoms. Bought them at 6th ave outfitters in Anchorage. They got em at B&J's too. Under $150 for the set. Only have black for the bottoms though.

http://www.redledge.com/products/view/id/50

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
What are they using to make their gear waterproof? I'm guessing it's a coating on the outside and not a Gore-tex or eVent type fabric.

Steelhead

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
There's a coating on the inside like the precip gear. Supposed to be some micro pore something or other technology thing.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 47 invisible), 2,431 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,499
Posts18,452,455
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.