Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
yeah.....chow Babby......

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CharlesL
Originally Posted by GaryVA

Question on those 3-legged Red Devil Bog Pods; can they bundle up tight enough to hold in one hand by the handle to walk with like a staff?? Or are they too bulky???

Hand sizes vary, but I don't think they are too bulky.

Thanks smile

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I prefer to bring my own sticks. I have found I dont always like what the PH has. Sometimes the PH uses what a client left behind. A few years back my PH had a set of those skinny wobbly ones that I hated.
If you are in hilly country like the Karoo of SA bipods are more versatile.
I like the 3 leg Bog Pod the best I guess. I haven't tried the new version yet.
I have played with a set of bipod Trigger Sticks at the farm and they work as a walking stick and can be used a a monopod while walking. I do wory about the long term durability though.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Tonk
Pete your correct! Yes, just like fly fishing, you don't wait until you get their to learn how it is down etc. I had no idea that PH's in Africa used sticks in the first and nobody bothered to go over the facts with me the day before either. I suppose they thought such things are a given but not to this Yank!

I still don't and won't use them, until I can not hold my rifle steady, then I'll do what I have always done and find myself a support and this won't be someone elses sticks.

Jorge-1 The US ARMY does a very good job of teaching it's troops how to use a rifle off-handed and trust me sir, this I can do without the help of sticks. Funny I have never seen an elephant shot with the client using a set of sticks! Well anyway Jorge I can still hold my own up to 200 yards on a killing area that is 12 x 12 inches. I can also shoot with either hand and perhaps a tad better with my left side, do to better vision in my left eye. However, makes no difference to me except for the rifles being right handed.

Late to this thread, but if you can stay inside a 12x12 at 200 all day long, with a hunting rifle, you should have been in the marksmanship unit in the ARmy, you could have been setting national records in no time at all. And thats not under pressure shooting like hunting is, you have a better rifle, better sights and time to set it up right.

Shame on the Kudu too. That would have been a nice one. Thats one reason one should research and ask questions and do practice with the tools for the task well before one ever leaves on the hunt. Tough to do though if you don't know or don't take the time to ask.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
rost495....I was 3rd highest in my Battalion with an M1-Garand

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just want to know this - how did he know it was a 60+ Kudu....? Did the critter send him his measuerments? Was there an info card on the bull?

As far as I am concerned, its just a big rack / horns or whatever until you can measure.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tonk
I was 3rd highest in my Battalion with an M1-Garand

Which now begs the question - Mexican or Colombian?

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The way you describe you'd be a national champion with an M1 and have national records set that would still stand to this day. What was your score? 3rd highest in Battalion should have went straight to MTU.

After reading all of the thread though its all self explanatory now.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ever since i got a pair of underwood shooting sticks I've carried them and at one point bought a spare. They are bunjicorded, fold up and fit in about a foot long sheath; they make a sitting shot quite stable enough to make a fairly long shot doable. I also practiced for and used the tripod style sticks in Africa; they are a very practical solution to thick and irregular brush. I think, speaking for myself that the offhand shot on game is about the least desirable there is though admit to taking it a time or two. I do use the Stoney point tripod too.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf
I just want to know this - how did he know it was a 60+ Kudu....?

Originally Posted by JJHACK
Tell them about the baby eland you shot still nursing......... against the judgement of the PH Willem. He told you it was a baby, you replied "it's big enough for me"
We have been laughing about you for a decade!

He used the same "rule of DUMB" for the eland... And the laughing continues.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
J
Mike or Tonk:

I know Jorge and Saeed (and their families) well. I only know of you from those on your "safari" and from your comments on various forums.

I'll leave it at this:

The fellows and families I know are gracious gentlemen and ladies. I can think of no compliment to you.

Trying to be as kind as I can, as my daughter used to say when she was 13 or so, "Get a life."

There are wonderful opportunities for joy in this world. Other than through my faith and being with my family, I find my most enjoyable experiences with friends and on safari.

I'm sorry you chose to miss that. You abused the chance you had to get to really get know a kind and generous man in Saeed (and at the same time, experience a great hunt with JJHack). Your sad, sad loss. Alas!

I can promise you that your life would be a bit better if you had somehow forgotten your prejudices and preconceptions and just had a good time, following the lead of folks a bit less angry about life than you. You could have learned much about friendships, generosity, loyalty and respect for others.

BTW, how is your "terminal" illness? Don't I remember on Accurate Reloading that you were quite ill before the safari and it was your last chance to go? I hope your recovery is complete and maybe the good food and camaraderie (and the 33 free animals) helped?

I certainly hope so.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
ZZZZZzzzzzingggggg! grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Judge is a kind and gentle soul. I prefer the FOAD approach. smile Oh and I forgot; shhh, wait until Tonk finds out I'm one of those raft-rider immigrants...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
And a non-union one at that, I'll bet..... grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But of course. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Judge,........Since YOU brought it up, I'll tell you the facts of this whole ordeal. Mr. Saeed never liked what I said on his form back in 99. I didn't pull any friggin punches whatsoever understand.

Now Saeed no doubt was steaming, when I stated that the Arabs and JEWS were one in the same! Read your Bible. Now he also never liked the fact that I gave my opinions on the middle east and what should be done with those countries, who have been bleeding the USA and citizens of their tax dollars for decades.

His way to get back at me was through his meaningless genorosity of telling me he wanted to hunt with ME. I declined twice but then I said to myself: "Maybe this guy is sincere (after I receive a $1,500 dollar plan ticket) but it did not take me long to figure out his plan at all, once, I arrived at the Lodge. I was to be the JOKE of his Safari. However, I turned the tables on the little sand flea and so be it.

Our discussion about middle east politics brought forth anger from his eyes! I told him what I thought of the leader of the PLO (Palistine Liberation Organization) which is nothing more than an umbrella for terrorism around the world, killing many innocent people) Saeed stated: "He is a good man and I support him" and walked away never saying another word to me hence forth. I have no use for anyone who supports the PLO period.

The practical jokes, that were played on me are of no importance now, at the time I was ticked you bet. I caught Saeed sneaking into my room at 4:30 in the morning. I confronted him and he just said he wanted to make sure I was up in time to hunt. I had never been late and was always the 1st or second person up at that lodge. Bull Chit! He had something up his sleeve and that is when I was told to hunt and shoot anything I wanted to kill.

Then he left on his own. Later he packed into a truck and went hunting with others. I NEVER HUNTED with the little fellow named Saeed period! I posted my thoughts about the whole frigging hunt on Accurate Reloading back then twice and twice they were removed. "Like shooting fish in a barrel"

The funny thing is that Saeed knew all about "DANCER" (the Ozark Character that JJ loved to read about), all the time and laughed his A$$ off on the phone, when I told him prior to the hunt. His calling me the "master of deception" was I suppose a good wording. JJ Hack got Slicked over not once but twice.......He can go cry in his beer!

Saeed also didn't like the fact, I told him my wife could out shoot him at 200 yards... Wow!!! Now that brought sparks quickly and he was pissed. So Judge I don't need any lectures from anyone. The deal was done and Saeed did NOT get his revenge on my statements made on his forum. He broke his WORD to me in a deal made over the phone, I will not forget that fact, he lied all the time. He had already made his plan of trickery!

JJ HACK your a LIAR!!! YOU were never at that hunt period! Willem Venture never liked Saeed and never did the things Saeed said he did at that hunt or the dinner table. So you stick that up your rectum HACKIE BOY! Now JUDGE, my soul is right with my GOD and JESUS CHRIST!!! I account to no man from the middle-east.

Judge I abused not one damn thing! Saeed choose to abuse me on that hunt but it did not impeed me from surviving the incident.
You can blow your horn about those people, it falls on deaf ears. I can tell you once again, I shot 33 animals and cleaned up the F*(&@* ups of two others and their animals. All with the permission of the little Arab.

Judge,I had a great time with my PH Willem Venter, we laughed are heads off after every animal was shot in Saeeds name.
Now I am positive Saeed and HACKIE will thank you for your pat upon their backsides and posting this little jester on their behalf.

Who knows, maybe Saeed and HACKIE will take you hunting with them soon. You might even get to clean JJ rifle and shine Saeeds boots! I don't need a mediator understand, go sing to the choir. I have done damn well over the years for myself, especially in my confrontations, with those who choose to try and give me a blackeye.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jorgie I said this once and I'll repeat it again just so you can read it once more. YOU are the lowest type of a scumbag, who's is a very ARROGANT SON OF SOB.....Son Of A BITCH!!! Now I'll send you a Union Button come election time.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fresh from the Hoffa union archives; The psycho that keepss on giving... Arrogant???me???? say it ain't so..

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Tonk.

Your last two posts afirm what I have come to believe during the last few months reading posts on this forum..

You are one dumb mutherphucker.

And a union card is about the only way someone as stupid as you are could ever get gainfully employment.

Last edited by jim62; 07/07/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 52 invisible), 2,578 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,241
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.