Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
E
No, I haven't followed all the posts on this new board.
<br> I've known alot of "long range hunters". Very few have really studied the subject, and, above all, practiced.
<br> Fortunately, we do have some posters who really know how to do it right.
<br> I really appreciate that. Long Range hunting is not just buying the latest super magnum, the latest variable scope, and going to it. I'm glad to see that there are those that do understand how it's done, and what it takes.
<br> I've noted over the years many who think this is somehow cheating, unfair to the other hunters, the game, and somehow gives the Long Range Hunters an edge that few of us can enjoy.
<br> This has not been my experience, at least as far as deer hunting goes. Deer are very hard to see. They like to stick to cover. The older ones, especially, learn to get really good at that.
<br> Of all the really successfull throphy hunters I know only two did it that way. And they had to hunt really pristine areas where the deer had very little experience with hunters.
<br> So, I say, more power to these guys. They, without a doubt, put the required effort into their sport. I like to see that. E

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm glad to see you say that, because that is exactly how I feel about the matter. It is just fine to take long shots if you know what you're doing, but there are too many people who think that they know what they are doing. Like you I have not been following the other topics.

----------------

"Anyone who would trade their freedom for safety deserves neither freedom or safety". -Ben Franklin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I NEED GUN'S.There are far more people hunting SHORT range that don't have a clue of what they are doing either.Do you feel the same about them??????

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I defiantly do! I've heard for a few people who have decided that they would start deer hunting and they have never hunted anything else and only spent enough time at a range to get there gun roughly sighted in. They go out and hopefully don't hurt anyone else... generally this type of hunter is little danger to what he is hunting as he/she keeps animals 3 miles away. But this person may be inclined to take a shot that not wise and can easily just injure an animal.

----------------

"Anyone who would trade their freedom for safety deserves neither freedom or safety". -Ben Franklin

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (264mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 12 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 721 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,421
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.