Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
rkamp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

CNN clip from one of the last local gun shops here in Austin. The owner Chuck is a super nice guy, always try and walk out of his shop with something purchased.

http://money.cnn.com/video/smallbusiness/2011/07/13/smb_texas_gun_shop.cnnmoney/?iid=HP_River

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
There's an uptick of daytime armed assaults and robberies inside homes and between curb and front doors here in North Texas. 3 of which the m/o and perp count/description are consistent...in the same day. Plenty of armed citizens in this area....matter of time.

On a related note, we don't suffer from a shortage of speeding ticket writing scooter sherlocks.

Last edited by noharleyyet; 07/13/11.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Man only dumbass democraps would even THINK about robbing homes in Texas! Unless it's in Austin of course where all the libs live...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
rkamp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Man only dumbass democraps would even THINK about robbing homes in Texas! Unless it's in Austin of course where all the libs live...

We don't need no designer napkins to hold a fish, oooohhhh it's slimy.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Writing on the wall says another scare is imminent. Prices on black stuff is gonna jump...fast.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
BINGO, I was right (as usual) a democrap from Texas chimed in. Actually I usually have my butler do it, but I gave him the day off. Still you get the prize for the "dumbass-unrelated-retort" of the day. Ergo, with that level of cluelessness you must be one. Maybe I should rethink your prize as you obviously took the "bait"...

Oh and for the record, the correct terminology is "any". Then again I forgot to consider to whom I was addressing....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Daytime door kick burglaries and gun / knife point robberies aren't uncommon even in safe big cities like Austin. But they're not nearly as common as "conservative" big cities like Dallas or Houston.

And I enjoyed the story of an Austin youth minister, who chased down a home burglar on foot and in a car for miles until the cops caught up.

There are hunters and prey wherever you go, the story just made it big because it's Texas.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
rkamp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
BINGO, I was right (as usual) a democrap from Texas chimed in. Actually I usually have my butler do it, but I gave him the day off. Still you get the prize for the "dumbass-unrelated-retort" of the day. Ergo, with that level of cluelessness you must be one. Maybe I should rethink your prize as you obviously took the "bait"...

Oh and for the record, the correct terminology is "any". Then again I forgot to consider to whom I was addressing....

Sorry Mr. manners, I didn't go to cotillion school.
Now where do you find them fish holding napkins?

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"those". check back after you retake your fifth grade grammar test..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hello Houston is not conservative. Check out the Mayor , the US rep Sheila Jackson Lee. Some of the burbs are. The area where I was raised is 70 present Hispanic ( Pasadena ). Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A LOT more than Austin. Besides, the lib respondent IS from Austin... smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Harris County, yes is still red. hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
rkamp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
"those". check back after you retake your fifth grade grammar test..

You must have me confused with another humble hispanic, jap loving, sheep rancher.

I have been fortunate enough to have benefited from working in the IC industry during it's most profitable years. I went to university, invested well, and I am very frugal. Never have I worked for the Government or any non-profit organization.

My politics are based solely on sound economics.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
A LOT more than Austin. Besides, the lib respondent IS from Austin... smile

always try and walk out of his shop with something purchased.

Uhhh, 'lib respondents' dont' come out of gunstores with anything but hidden video.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 12344mag, 47 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.