-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I wanted to verify a couple reciprocity agreements Idaho has. I ran across this one when I clicked on Washington. This is just plain wrong. WA only honors CCW permits from 11 states and Idaho isn't one of them. It's wrong on a number of the other states listed, too. WA requires a mental health background check to get a permit and most other states don't require it. WA won't honor permits from states that don't require it.

The site is USACARRY.COM

Permit Honored:
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington
Permit Not Honored:
Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, District of Columbia
Right Denied:
Illinois, American Samoa, N. Mariana Islands

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I look at the NRA site for my info

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Reciprocity agreements are not laws and can change on any day.

To protect yourself it is wise to send an email to the A.G.of any state your traveling to or thru a week or so before your trip and ask them to confirm that they have an agreement in place with your state and ask them to email you back the details. Then when you get a reply, you can print it out and put a copy in your wallet. If you get stopped and it becomes a question, you have the answer straight from the horses mouth which should keep you out of a jam with the law.

In the land of the blind, the one eye is king.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I would just love it if the SC ruled reciprocity was mandatory.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If your an American citizen no permit of any kind should be needed nation wide.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This site seems to agree with what you say, RC.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

They seem to keep as much info as possible updated - i.e., they already have the updated info on Wisconsin's recently signed into law CCW permitting. They do have "warning signs" posted that it is not effective until Nov 1, barring possible legal action, so don't assume it is true . . .

This site also had the Nebraska and Iowa info posted in a timely manner. I also check with the NRA website. If they both agree, chances are pretty good they are right.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
FZY Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Where did you see that Washington required a mental health background check. We are required to have a criminal background check. First I have heard of that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Didn't say I had seen that . . . I was responding to the reciprocity aspect (see thread title). . . sorry you took it the wrong way . . . geez. OTOH, maybe a mental health background check would be a good idea???

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
FZY Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Coincidentally I am assisting with the project management of a new mental health wing at the hospital that I work at. When it opens I'm sure that I can reserve a spot for you. smile

mjc Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I live in Idaho. It is true that Washington doesn�t honor the Idaho CWP (at least that I am aware of to date). I did not have to get a mental check when I obtained my Washington CWP � just a routine background check. No big deal.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Think I can prove they do not do a mental background check. I got my WA permit and you all know there is no way on earth I could bass a mental health check.

I think I read in the rules they do a criminal check and some sort of mental health check to determine if you have been declared mentally unfit but I cannot quote the law that says so right now.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
On another forum I clicked on a link that showed CCW recirocity, it showed Or. accepting WA and I know thats not right. Thats the first one I've seen with noticable(by me) errors.

RC: Did you click on Idaho first? Your state of residence? I have found usacarry to be quite accurate. Clicking on the state of WA would show the states that honor the WA permit.

From the listing of states it appears you clicked on WA as a non-resident.

Last edited by Konaseven; 07/19/11.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
why not go to the source and look at the website of whatever state agency oversees the CCW permit program in both your home state and the states you will be visiting?

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 700LH
If your an American citizen no permit of any kind should be needed nation wide.
This is where we went wrong in not holding those in charge accountable. Your statement is entirely correct.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Give that a try. You'll soon learn way not.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I wanted to verify a couple reciprocity agreements Idaho has. I ran across this one when I clicked on Washington. This is just plain wrong. WA only honors CCW permits from 11 states and Idaho isn't one of them. It's wrong on a number of the other states listed, too. WA requires a mental health background check to get a permit and most other states don't require it. WA won't honor permits from states that don't require it.

The site is USACARRY.COM

Permit Honored:
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington
Permit Not Honored:
Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, District of Columbia
Right Denied:
Illinois, American Samoa, N. Mariana Islands

So the eleven states listed, what is required, an evaluation, or a check into mental history?

This can't be right, you are telling me the following issue CCW permits? Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, District of Columbia

Last edited by Barkoff; 07/19/11.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Scott F

We're getting there.

"Full Faith & Credit", just like what recognizes reciprocity for marriage licenses, driving permits, etc.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hope I live to see it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by Scott F

We're getting there.

"Full Faith & Credit", just like what recognizes reciprocity for marriage licenses, driving permits, etc.

Except it will be one step closer to forcing places like here, where I choose to live, to accept queer marriage and the like from other states.
IMHO, [bleep] that!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (1973cb450, 808outdoors, ATC, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,395 guests, and 747 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,674
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.