Originally Posted by croldfort
Natman

Do you know of what you speak? I am reading about problems with pressures in Sav 99's bored out from .308 to .338. BLR's are much stronger.

My comment was meant to purchase the .325WSM as an alternative.

Just because that a cartridge is blown out from a mother case does not make it safe to shoot in all the guns made for the mother case.

Let's take a look at your previous post:

Originally Posted by croldfort
The factory BLR's are offered in magnum calibers. A rebarrel there might be possible to .338 Fed. The BLR is offered in the .325 WSM, that might work.

The first and second sentences say in plain English that it might be possible to rebarrel a BLR originally offered in a magnum caliber to 338 Federal. You may have intended something else, but that's what you actually wrote and that's what I responded to.

Now as far a Savage 99s go (not mentioned in your original post, nor by me), somebody somewhere may be having a problem with a 308 that's been bored out to 338 Federal. If you'd include some links I could give you a better comment on it. I would point out that the 99 was offered by the factory in both 308 and 358, so there is no obvious reason why a 338 shouldn't work, given that the 308 and the 338 are loaded to the same pressure.

Last edited by natman; 07/21/11.