-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm just calling it how "my eyes" have seen it. Not saying anything to the effect nor would I ever say it that people haven't found game with them.

They didn't make my eyes happy, could I find game with them well yes but then again I can do that with a lot of glass. I want to use glass that make my eyes happy and the Classic didn't do it for them/me.

I have a lot of buds that used them back in the day and they seemed to like them just fine.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
All I know is that Zeiss started phase correcting ClassiC's in 1989 or so, so that particular pair is AT LEAST 22 years old and are about as far behind the times as one could ever find in a roof prism bino.

IMO, there are far better choices out there for equal or even less $$$, and I'm a fan of Zeiss ClassiC's (T*P/T*P*).

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I've glassed mountain tops with guys having just about every brand of bino out there, with the exception of the new chi com stuff. We all found game, and we all needed a spotter to get a better look at the game. If I honestly thought I'd kill bigger/better game with any particular brand of glass, I'd have my wallet out in an instant.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Originally Posted by Brad
The reality doesn't match the hype... most overrated bin I've ever used.

Amen to that, I totally concur.

Dober

I've gotta agree.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Texans talkin' glass?!?

Now that sorta humor will be tough to top!

A Cough Silencer critique,being both apt and plausible...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have had mine for at least 12 years & used all over NA, Africa, & Europe. I have no doubt there are better optics, but Classics have served me well. I see no reason to upgrade. I have an old Nikon range finder that is at least 15 years old & has been used on 3 continents & submerged (interesting story)that does everything I need. I'm old so I guess I will continue with old equipment because it works.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Good to hear, I just bought a pair in excellent condition, looking forward to getting them.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
nostalgia is why people still drive them. awesome in their time but cant hang with modern top 3.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
And cost, mine cost a third of a new pair of the top 3. It's not clear my old eyes can tell the difference and I don't do enough trophy hunting to make it worthwhile.

Regards,

Chuck

Ghost And The Darkness

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Zeiss Classic's worked Ok ...

[Linked Image]

Regards,

Chuck

Ghost And The Darkness

IC B3

S
S
Anybody know what a pair of "New In Box" Zeiss Classics 10x40 B/GA T*P* binoculars would go for these days? I have a set that was given to me about 8-10 years ago but I never used them and really have no use for them these days. I've opened the box and looked at the binoculars, but they've never been used and the case/accessories have never been removed from the box. Used to do a lot of hunting when I was young about 30 years ago and had another pair back then (not sure which model, they were green with a rubber coating and end caps), but I don't hunt anymore and have no need for a set of high end binoculars. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sky_Diver; 11/05/12.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
its too bad they don't make an updated zeiss classic with the latest lenses. they are compact and handy binocular. but IMO they are too expensive on the used market for what you get. I think JAP glass from nikon or pentax or maybe even some vortex stuff will give a lot more bank for the buck.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

656 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 3,084 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,774
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.