Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I have been in the process of building a new benchrest rifle, but on this one I wanted to do things a bit different from the norm and try a few different things.
The first thing I wanted to try different was the stock, I have several McMillan stocks and have been happy with them but lately have been interested in trying a Robertson's composites stock.
I called them up and ordered one...very nice people. they made my stock to order and they are based out of a suburb of Ottowa Canada. They made my stock in exactly 3 months and exactly how I ordered it.
It is truly one of the finest stock's I have seen (will post a pic later).

The problem is that when I got on-line after the stock was delivered I had an extreme case of sticker shock of the fee's charged on my VISA card. foreign exchange fee, international fee's ,foreign currency charge etc. etc.
It totaled $129 (american dollar's) in extra fee's.

Robertson's stock's are VERY well made, but DO NOT use a credit card to buy one. send them a money order or cash. VISA is a debacle in Canada for U.S.A. folk's.

B
btw Mag Vag. please do not reply to this thread

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's bizarre. As a Canadian buying lots in the US with my Cdn visa, all I get charged is a couple extra % for the bank to make their profit.

It sounds like your bank is surcharging you up the wazoo?

Not arguing, just asking...

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
That is funny,when I order from the States there are no extra charges on my card,the cost of the Item + shipping and that's it.Like RickF said,I think your bank(card issuer) is taking some liberties with you. Monashee

Last edited by Monashee; 08/06/11.

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I used to get gouged by massive fees and charges when buying overseas. Changed VISA provider and the problem went away.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JasonF
I used to get gouged by massive fees and charges when buying overseas. Changed VISA provider and the problem went away.

That's what I was thinking while reading his post. I would change banks. It sounds like the one he's using doesn't value his business, or values it too much. mad

Terry

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yep bank, it pays to know before you use it.

Really hate these I'm a [bleep] idiot so don't do it the way I did threads. Of course one doesn't need to do it another way, they only need to know what the [bleep] they are doing in the first place.

Sheep is easy to fleece.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Robertson stocks are available here in the states.
Butch

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Really hate these I'm a [bleep] idiot so don't do it the way I did threads. Of course one doesn't need to do it another way, they only need to know what the [bleep] they are doing in the first place.

Sheep is easy to fleece.

Thanks Bricktop

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by chas05

Sheep is easy to fleece.

Thanks Bricktop

Bricktop?

LMAO!

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by boatanchor
Magnum Vagina please do not reply to this thread

I thought I asked in a nice manner, but you have "to go girl anyway !!!"

IC B3

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L

I bought at least 9 stocks from Robertson on the last 3 years and never had any international extra fee, even living in another continent.

I suspect that your bank (or visa provider) did the extra charges.

The only diference in buying from US is that there is a conversion from Canadian Dollars to US Dollars, and then to my country coin. And that is it.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Here are a couple pic's [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is perty! Bet it is going to be sharp looking rig.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Call your bank or card provider, many of those fee harvesting practices are not legal or at least questionable. If you can get to the right person frequently they will remove the extra charges.

Very nice stock.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree that you can likely get your charges removed the first time if you are a good card holder with them... have some history, pay your bill on time, have a decent amount of available credit, etc. Threaten to take your business somewhere else and they will bow...

Then go and look at the Fidelity AMEX and VISA... best cards on the market.

Andrew
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Buttplug,

Care to share any other stupid schit things you've done so we don't make the same moronic mistakes? LOL! I'm sure the list is long and impressive. I'd bet without much effort you could find a card that starts you off at a 21% APR, and the first time you're one day late, they'll jack it up to 29% APR . You have one already; get a matching set! LMAO!

And no, you didn�t ask nicely. It wouldn�t have mattered anyway.

Baaaahahahhahahaaa

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
...Really hate these I'm a [bleep] idiot so don't do it the way I did threads. Of course one doesn't need to do it another way, they only need to know what the [bleep] they are doing in the first place.

Sheep is easy to fleece.

Yet another classic! LMAO!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sheep is easy to fleece.

And afterwards they need a sweater.

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
100 members (338reddog, 10gaugeman, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,371 guests, and 695 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,873
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.