Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 30 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 29 30
R
Ron Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've just read through this train wreck and have no knowledge of the parties, but one thing comes out very clearly.Art(sika deer) is a cheap thieving sleaze ball and vanimrod has been know in a carnal way by sika deer. I don't know the Op's history, but he has every reason to be pissed.

Capt Ron

Magnolia Bluff, FL..............Where Heaven is a local call!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ah, the Frankengun lives.

It was my distinct pleasure to work with you on that one. It sure was a screwed pooch in the beginning.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rrroae
Sean, didn't you have a big call out on a fella who sold you Leicas a couple years back?

I'd forgotten about that mess, but the whole thing was pretty telling.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ron
I've just read through this train wreck and have no knowledge of the parties, but one thing comes out very clearly.Art(sika deer) is a cheap thieving sleaze ball and vanimrod has been know in a carnal way by sika deer. I don't know the Op's history, but he has every reason to be pissed.

Ron, you know nothing of Sean, and have proven yerself an azzhole

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by rrroae
Sean, didn't you have a big call out on a fella who sold you Leicas a couple years back?

I'd forgotten about that mess, but the whole thing was pretty telling.

Interesting how the mouth piece has dissappeared!

IC B2

R
Ron Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
Originally Posted by Ron

Ron, you know nothing of Sean, and have proven yerself an azzhole

As you know nothing of me. vanimrod was in the middle of a fight that he should not have been in ...just as you are.

Capt Ron

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gee you seem to be doing the same exact thing. Sean is a friend, and I'll back him.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T LEE
Maybe it is because we are only getting one side of the story a

There is NO other side of the story. A person has asked for his personal property to be returned after a 17 month wait. Enough said.

Originally Posted by T LEE
This just ain't the place for this kind of pizzing match.

Terry, with all due respect, This is the exactly the place for this,We want/need to know who can be trusted. If some one simply decides not to return personal property because "I'm in a bad mood since you bothered me",Well I dont care to be the next victim in line.

As far as calling Splatter a "whiner" and his wood a "turd", thats childish.

This thread has been very telling...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ron,

If you knew the half of it you'd know that Sean is the only person other than Splatter and Art that has a true understanding of this issue.

Deal with it.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
wow! This place is falling apart, huh? I mean seriously. Might be time for walk-about.

I'll be back in time to whoop you and the Penguin. wink

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

R
Ron Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
Gee you seem to be doing the same exact thing. Sean is a friend, and I'll back him.

Then follow him into the swamp. You're no better. You are both backing an admitted thief!

Capt Ron

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only remaining "issue" is that Art has Splatter's stuff and won't return it.He "might" if Splatter will quit botherin' him.

This whole thing started as the result of an internet forum and -no apologies to those who think otherwise - it is entirely appropriate that the ending be played out here.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by AKBoater
Ron,

If you knew the half of it you'd know that Sean is the only person other than Splatter and Art that has a true understanding of this issue.

It' doesn't matter what nimrod knows the OP want's his property back... end of story!

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570
The only remaining "issue" is that Art has Splatter's stuff and won't return it.He "might" if Splatter will quit botherin' him.

This whole thing started as the result of an internet forum and -no apologies to those who think otherwise - it is entirely appropriate that the ending be played out here.

I agree...the ball is in arts court!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
"STFU or sue", would you really expect anything different from an "attorney"?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
All I can say is I'd send anything to Art in a heartbeat and never think twice about it.

YMMV

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While I think Mr. Peck needs to return Splatter's property immediately I also respect Sean and I don't see what he's said in this thread as absolving Mr. Peck of his responsibility in this matter.
Merely pointing out a course of action likely to get results.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black....
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
These did not, do not, come with the Lifetime Passport Warranty.

The Warranty card in the picture, and the one that arrived, is for the Certified Pre-Owned Used 1-year limited warranty.

The box, not shown, has the top cut off, thus the UPC, etc., is not there.

A PM has been sent to loongshot to see wtf......

But, it is clear that what was advertised was not what was sold.
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
I bought what he advertised as Leica Trinovids with a full Lifetime Passport Warranty.

What showed up was a set of Leica Trinovids, certified Pre-Owned, with a one-year warranty.

I expressed my displeasure, he said send them back.....

BUT, he will NOT refund the money until the goods arrive.

He expressly admitted that he knew he sold something different than what he advertised, and took my money prior to shipment, but refuses to refund the money prior to me shipping the goods back.

VERY poor business practices, and VERY unethical and untrustworthy.

BTW - for point of reference, he says that his business is legit, but that CameralandNY is a scam and doesn't actually ship anything out.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY!

Looks like nimrod is pretty good at whining also!

[/quote]

Thats funny right there...

Dink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And you would probably get good service.A man makes his own reputation;good or bad.

One genuine bad mark will scare off a lot of customers who have no prior experience or personal knowledge to rely on.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by AKBoater
Ron,

It' doesn't matter what nimrod knows the OP want's his property back... end of story!

Unless what Splat says here and what he's told Sean/Art privately are two different things.

Consider Splat's called Sean in the past about the situation and Sean has dealt with Art in the situation - a mediation of sorts.
There IS the possability that what Splat's saying here isn't what he's said there or agreed to there.

Quite frankly - Sean's not sticking up for Art (as those who can't read for content are asserting) as much as he's telling Splat to hike up his skirt and actually do something other than bitch and moan.

Sean's right - he has 2 choices if he feels like he's a victim of theft (regardless as to if he is or isn't) - he can file a police report or do nothing. All the crying in the world here doesn't change those choices.

Lets assume Art sold the stock to take a trip to Fiji - in the end Splat has the same choice - DO SOMETHING or do nothing and if it's nothing - Shut up already. Worse than some chick complaing that so and so doesn't like them.

Friggen DO SOMETHING about it. Sure it sucks that someone would have to sue/file a report but damn it if this isn't working then do it.

Wondering why Spat won't just call the local DA/LEO office up in AK and file a report? It's a phugging phone call - not expensive and at the least they can direct him to the best way to end this. I'm guessing here that the story we have here won't jive with any story he'd have to tell law enforecment and any "misleading truths" to them might worry him a touch more than "misleading truths" here.

Me

Page 12 of 30 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,503
Posts18,452,528
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.