Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
As most know Texas is suffering the greatest one year drought since 1917 so those that keep records say. We may be about to surpass that year too.

Since all green stuff is burned up and most all natural water is gone wildlife is suffering.

In this case coons. There are a lot of coons since fur prices went to hell years ago. I mean a loooootttt of coons.

I done been invaded. Those sob were tearing down my bird feeders and turning over my bird waterers. Climbing a slick conduit pipe to tear down my humming bird feeders.

Had to put bungee cords on my dogfood can and trash bin. The sumbitches are all over the place and to add insult to injury they crap on my front porch.

I have steel traps but there are too many grandkids running the place to put them out and I don't want to have to reset them every night before I go to bed. Besides that my old dog like his old man has to get up in the middle of the night to go pee. Don't want him running into a steel trap and he is scared of coons (worthless sob).

So last week I sprang for three Havahart traps. Those things work or I got dumb coons one or the other. Since the coons have already eat fifty pounds of sunflower seed I just baited the traps with more seed.

This morning numbers 6 & 7 of the ring tailed horde are unhappy inhabitants of my jail houses. I am going to haul them off in a minute.

I was talking to a friend at church sunday telling him about my coon catching and some sweet little old blue-hair asked what I was doing with them. I told her I was letting them join the air force. Went right over her head. She is an animal lover.

The coons are too poor to eat or I would have a market for them with some folks I know.

Just wanted to let the fire know that from this front the WAR is on.

We have met the enemy and he is a coon.

Signed
Gen Jubilation T Cornpone.

Quando Omni Moritati
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
God bless you. Believe me, you have just won the first skirmish.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The coons are too poor to eat or I would have a market for them with some folks I know.

Wouldn't that probably be cannabalism?

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
The bastids get educated FAST.......

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have faced hard times, but ain't never thought about eating coon. How long you gotta parboil them little devils?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Too bad they are skinny. BBQ'd coon is right tasty. You ought to raise some corn for 'em.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger

Signed

I will follow you to hell and back General... grin

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger

Signed

I will follow you to hell and back General... grin

Well, go about 5 miles south of El Paso, and turn back, then....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I too, have won a couple of skirmishes in the "coon wars" this summer. Keep up the good fight General. wink

[Linked Image]

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, ya could make hats outa them skins. Start or revive a new fad. I can see all them NFL players getting off the bus wearing coon skin hats along with their wolf hide coats.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Yeah! Same thing here. Coons abound! Hogs coming back in to the yard as well! Caught one of the little masked bastids pulling one of wifey's bird feeders up in the pecan tree!!!!!

K

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I may be the only one in the world that didn't know this,
but: once you catch them little boogers in the live trap,
they will reach through the wire and tear up EVERYTHING
they can reach mad

We had one raiding the dog food, so set trap and next morn
had a half grown coon and 50 lbs of triple 13 mostly in
with him. Full bag sitting next to the trap, joker shredded
the plastic bag and made helluva mess...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Too bad the hides are worthless this time of year. I hate to waste 'em but if you haul 'em off it just makes it somebody else's problem. If you haul 'em to the far side of the nearest water they may not come back. This drought is really getting old now.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by poboy
Too bad the hides are worthless this time of year. I hate to waste 'em but if you haul 'em off it just makes it somebody else's problem. If you haul 'em to the far side of the nearest water they may not come back. This drought is really getting old now.

Florida is a helluva trip from his place, and I don't think they need any more 'coons, either.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by poboy

Florida is a helluva trip from his place, and I don't think they need any more 'coons, either.

There is a place back east on Pennsylvania Av that might have a shortage. Lots of water, too.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why do you think I put the light & laser on my single shot .22WMR! smile smile I just feed em lead till they are full.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
LMFAO!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Tuesday, 23 August 2011
Deep Northeast Texas

General Cornpone,

This dispatch is to advise you that the war has spread. Infiltrators relentlessly probing defenses. Birdseed gone. Deer corn decimated.

Enemy collaborator living across the road. Embedded source informs us that the collaborator continues to provide comfort and support for the enemy by providing food every night "because they are cute".

Havahart traps deployed, enemy disregarding current attractants, must resupply marshmallow stores.

Sniping plans formulated, must finalize sniper's hide construction before deployment.

Sincerely,

Maj. M.F. Malfunction

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My dad has capitulated. His only remaining defense is to grow more watermelons than they can eat.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (160user, 219DW, 204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 48 invisible), 1,845 guests, and 1,051 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,184
Posts18,465,685
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.