L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
trying to keep this in the proper area.
<br>as i stated in the rifle rafle thread
<br>close ups of small objects, like ammo, case heads , ect
<br>require a decent camera and a flash called a ring flash.
<br>this keeps you from gitting funny shadows will be glad to give my limited knologe on this
<br>
<br>here is a (bad) example of what i mean.
<br>[Linked Image]
<br>as an extra can aneone I D this its yougosalv 7.62X54R but with a very light alumnium tip projectile
<br>perk

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
lewis,
<br>
<br>That is a new one on me. Very interesting. I could not venture a guess to it's purpose............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
not a clue here,
<br>
<br>my nikon 995 allows for really close pics, I sent ken a few pics of a rifle and you could read the barrel markings on them easily (well I could before i had to reduce them in size)
<br>
<br>like I said before I don't know much bout cameras but I'm sure impressed with mine. I have posted a few pics lately by using my camera soo.....

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lewis, I'm guessing this is a projectile designed to be stabilized with self-contained fins as opposed to rifling the bore. So the gun would be a smoothbore, with the potential for MUCH more speed.
<br>
<br>Think about it -- why explode a bullet down a too-small hole merely to impart spin?
<br>
<br>Dave Petzal wrote about this idea in F&S back in 98 or 99. Tank cannons are designed this way to achieve the speed they need, he said.
<br>
<br>So what's the answer?
<br>
<br>Jeff

L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
I guess i should have put something in for scale.
<br>This as a 30/06 size round used in the Mosen-Nagant Rifle. or Medium soviet Machiene gun.
<br>What it is....Heck we dont know. that encludes me, the british army , the finnish army and a host of others. and the Yougo army vets we have around here. Some one knows.
<br>I have also found similer rounds in 7.62X39 (SKS, AK-47)
<br>Thay aint tracer or Ap as far as we can tell.
<br>
<br>
<br>About the CAMERA..
<br>I use the Dimage 7. love it for the most part.
<br>the advantage is it can be set to full manual, that is i select all the settings and focus by hand.
<br>I just didnt want Ken to buy a $100 Digi and then have poor results, allthough I beleve Ken knows that you get what you pay for. In guns or cameras.
<br>

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I use the Dimage 7. love it for the most part.'
<br>
<br>That's the one I'm after. A couple of my writer friends now shoot all their stuff on Dimage 7s and send their photos in as digital files. Take a look, for example, at the two-page lead photo in Lermayer's piece on Hevi-Shot in the current issue of Guns & Ammo. That, he tells me, is a digital Dimage 7 photo that he sent in as a JPEG file on a read-write CD.
<br>
<br>I've been waiting -- for years, now -- for digital resolution to go up and for prices to go come down, and this new Minolta is saying to me, "Here I am -- the reward for your patience."

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
got mine at best buy in December for $900
<br>so the price is down.
<br>"for the most part"
<br> is not realy fair..i love it. but in "full auto" mode it has some limits..Low light seems to freak it out. but i just shot a lot of photos with it in a cave here when , no foolin, the power went out all over the country and im down in this hole with a guide who brought no light with him. Course, now I did so we continued the tour with my mag light. and i shot a lot of photos after that.
<br>remember that close ups may require a attachment lense there are some new ones out there.
<br>but you can see my effort above and it aint to bad.
<br>
<br>Now if i only knew what that round was for..........
<br>
<br>perk

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Lewis, Ken,
<br>
<br>I know less than nothing about digital photagraphy. I still prefer 35mm. But your photo of the cartridges intrigued me. Talking to others and searching the internet. I found that almost any digital camera that has support for a macro distance of 10cm or less will probably do the job and this applies to about 1/3 of the cameras available on the market today. Most are pretty expensive. But I kind of like the Nikon Coolpix 5000, or the Minloita Dimage7i. Both are under $1000. As such you have a wide choice and you can define some other decision factors. Such as the accessories that are available to provide support for Macro shots.
<br>I was sent these links. I thought you all might be interested in. Looks like a good solution for lighting those close-ups.
<br>
<br>Phil
<br>
<br>http://bermangraphics.com/coolpix/clouddome.htm
<br>
<br>http://www.clouddome.com/html/whatis.html
<br>
<br>

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Lewis send mean email my puter crashed I need your email again

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 64 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,112
Posts18,464,428
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.