Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Since I don't know all the facts of the case I will only make a general comment based on what I have read. I'll bet that each and every person on this board knows of laws that are unjust and should not exist. Just because a law is passed, it does not make the law correct. Civil disobediance is practiced all the time and I can't think of a better time to engage in it than when you are sitting on a jury. The jury is the average citizens last chance at real justice. It's way past time for the people to continue to tolerate laws that lean strongly to protect the bad guys. I can't sit here at the keyboard and judge this case but it seems clear to me that the robber started the chain of events and because of HIS actions, he is dead and the world is no doubt a better place. I won't pass legal judgement on the shooter but I really hope he is found not guilty by a panel of people that really care about true justice. If the DA feels pressure to prosecute the case, OK. That doesn't mean he has to do a very good job of it! Justice can be rendered in a variety of ways.

BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Penguin

I want to know what denomination you belong to that teaches such spiritual quackery. In each and every denomination I have studied or been a part of in the past, to intentionally and willfully fall short of this example is sin. Period.

Will

Denominational differences are not in the Bible. One if the biggest problems for Christians today is the denominational issue. This is how I look at it. The Bible is the handbook. Read it until you get a beginning understanding. Look at historical references to try to understand the customs and living conditions in the time the book was written. Make up your own mind. Prayer help, in fact it is key in finding understanding.

What this hot shot big named preacher has to say on a subject vs what that hot shot big named preacher has to say does not interest me at all. The bigger their hair and the louder the show the more I tune them out. The ones who arrive in their hundred million dollar building in a limousine I tune out before they can open their mouths.

The whole denominational thing makes me ill and usually just served to wreck havoc in God's plans. Scisims and isims are counterproductive to God's work.

Put all mans teachings out of your mind and pay attention to what God has to say, His Spirit will lead you. Then find a teacher wise in God's word and ask him your questions.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Let the flames begin! I can handle flames fro man. I am secure in my relationship with God and that is all that is important. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by .280Rem
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Scott F
My heart would be with him but if I had to serve on his jury in this state and the evidence came out just like in the story I would have to find him guilty. Not sure of the laws there but here it is an open and shut thing. It was a bad shoot.

Not me. I would not convict

If asked, would you give this answer in voir dire? And you would be asked if you could listen to the facts and apply the law to those facts? If "Not me, I would not convict" would be your preconceived stance, you'd be lying under oath to fail to disclose that.

Question is open to any that say they wouldn't convict...would you be truthful under oath?

War Damn Eagle!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
..... I want to know what Christian denomination teaches that shooting a man in the back of the head when he is fleeing the scene of a robbery is righteous. I want to know which one teaches that a man forfeits his life if he steals.

Who said the shooter was a "Christian"?

And if he wasn't, does that make the shoot good?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

If a man is protecting his house, his family or his property and had to shoot someone and I was on the Jury he would walk.

�God made woman beautiful and foolish; beautiful, that man will love her; and foolish, that she will love him�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheesy
At least he won't be robbing anybody anymore.

Put me on the jury.
Me too. A resounding "not guilty".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm assuming this is West Virginia based on the names of the towns. If so then, yes, he is guilty of murder. You cannot run someone down from behind after a robbery and shoot them in the head. It isn't, and shouldn't be, legal.

I'm all for self defense but you have to actually be defending yourself in order to be within the law.

Will

Who said there is was any running involved. I don't think running should be against the law anyway. The robber ran. You got to run faster than 1300 fps though.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Who said there is was any running involved. I don't think running should be against the law anyway. The robber ran. You got to run faster than 1300 fps though.
Again, from the original article:

"Once he took off with the money in the parking lot, reports indicate Canul, who has a concealed weapon permit, pulled out a gun and allegedly shot Abbot in the head. Abbot died at the Logan County Medical Center."

When it's reported that 'he took off', that means he's runnin'...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
lest we not forget the shooter was the victim.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"He robbed me with a weapon and I feared for my life"!

All that needed to be stated by the shooter!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My heart would be with him but if I had to serve on his jury in this state and the evidence came out just like in the story I would have to find him guilty. Not sure of the laws there but here it is an open and shut thing. It was a bad shoot.

If asked, would you give this answer in voir dire? And you would be asked if you could listen to the facts and apply the law to those facts? If "Not me, I would not convict" would be your preconceived stance, you'd be lying under oath to fail to disclose that.

Question is open to any that say they wouldn't convict...would you be truthful under oath?

Crickets huh? Nobody willing to admit they'd lie under oath to sit on this jury? Otherwise, you'd never sit on a jury like this.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hey Jim! It's good to see you posting again. I haven't seen you in these parts in quite some time.

I have to confess that because of personal reasons I would be the last person a prosecutor would want in his jury. The amount of proof that I'd require would be considered "unreasonable" to most reasonable people.

That said, I'd have to be honest and tell them that straight up. It's not that I wouldn't uphold the law, but due to personal reasons I take "innocent until PROVEN guilty" to an extreme.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Hey Jim! It's good to see you posting again. I haven't seen you in these parts in quite some time.

I have to confess that because of personal reasons I would be the last person a prosecutor would want in his jury. The amount of proof that I'd require would be considered "unreasonable" to most reasonable people.

That said, I'd have to be honest and tell them that straight up. It's not that I wouldn't uphold the law, but due to personal reasons I take "innocent until PROVEN guilty" to an extreme.

No qualms with that. Hope all your military "stuff" worked out, or is getting worked out.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes sir! I couldn't have done it without you. The firm you put me onto did a masterful job and I get to keep my retirement.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Yes sir! I couldn't have done it without you. The firm you put me onto did a masterful job and I get to keep my retirement.

Glad to hear it!

War Damn Eagle!

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
668 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 77 invisible), 2,663 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,605
Posts18,398,367
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.