-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wait guys, I'm getting another bite. I think I will cut the line on this sucker Flinch

Please do. You are adding nothing intelegible to this discussion.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
...But as I stated above and according to Dean at Wby, you don`t need all the lugs in absolutely perfect contact with one another.

So the guy from Weatherby told you that the lugs don't need to be in perfect contact with one another?
You do realize the lugs do not contact each other at all right? The only thing they will be contacting the lug recesses in the receiver. Getting as much contact as possible between the lugs and the receiver is vital to having a repeatably accurate, and safe gun.

Yes you can try to lap the 9 lugs improving contact, but its more or less an excercise in futility as some lugs will only need minor lapping... some may need more... and yet again some may need none.... Of course that also will be changing as you lap too.
Inevitably you will end up chasing contact and likely end up with a headspace issue if you keep at it.

Why add nine varaiables to an equation when it can be solved with two or even three?

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Thanks Thomas, I was thinking the same thing regarding chasing tolerances from one ring of lugs to the next.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
...But as I stated above and according to Dean at Wby, you don`t need all the lugs in absolutely perfect contact with one another.

So the guy from Weatherby told you that the lugs don't need to be in perfect contact with one another?
You do realize the lugs do not contact each other at all right? The only thing they will be contacting the lug recesses in the receiver. Getting as much contact as possible between the lugs and the receiver is vital to having a repeatably accurate, and safe gun.
.....In my post, I was trying to paraphrase his comments as best as possible. I may have not quoted his exact verbage correctly, but I think you get the idea of what he was referring to.

And yes I do realize that the lugs don`t contact each other.

As to why 9 lugs in the MK5 action design as opposed to two or three? Ask the folks at Wby. I didn`t ask him that.

After all is said and done, the darn thing is a shooter so I`m extremely satisfied.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Flinch
Wow...you owned one a whole couple of months and are now the resident Weatherby expert and you are defending "It's" honor like a slutty prom date? Congratulations? What an idiot...lmao. Bigsneeze got her feelers hurt and had to call someone that actually knows something. Keep digging there sneeze. Wait guys, I'm getting another bite. I think I will cut the line on this sucker laugh Flinch
.....Well Flinch. On this thread or on any other thread, I never stated that I was a "resident Wby expert" or ever implied it. And I never stated that I owned mine a "whole couple of months."

So you got nailed on two deliberate lies.

And no, my feelers are still fine and were never hurt. Nice try.

And if you and me ever have the opportunity to meet face to face, you`d certainly be welcome to call me whatever you wish. But before you could string a full sentence together of your mouthy verbage, your [bleep] ass would be thoroughly kicked before you could even,,,,,,,"FLINCH"

You have absolutely no idea or clue as to what you`d be dealing with. So for your sake, I hope you always stay well away from me.

You are quite the im-mature and a lying punk.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Gee squeeze, Why do you feel like you have tell everyone you are going to kick their A$$. I think you need a time out.

Another thing you say, "You have absolutely no idea or clue as to what you`d be dealing with" I hope you realize you have no idea who you are dealing with.
This is just the Internet. Have fun, stop being so childish, and clean up your language.

Just an observer.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Boxer
Too easy to yield a far superior rifle,of much improved balance/handling,for less money.

The 257,300 and 340 are Roy's best efforts,as chamberings go,despite my nostalgic 378 bias. Their best actions were prior to the 9-lug abortions and twin lugged,ala the Sako/FN melding and I hate Mousers.

Too easy to reach 1K+ with a 7 pound rifle,if only for starters and to arrange 100yd bugholes to boot.

............Ok then! To properly educate us Accumark owners, so that on our next buy we don`t make the same mistakes, then perhaps you can give us your buying solution.

Setting aside the cost, specifically what rifle brand or brands do you suggest that are a "far superior" rifle to the Accumark, that have chamberings on par with the power of the 340 and 338-378?

And could you please detail for us one by one, "exactly how and why" the brand or brands you suggest would be far superior?

And in your opinion, do you think it would be beneficial for the shooter to have a rifle chambered in either the 340 or the 338-378 weighing around 7 lbs before scope?

And lastly, could you please offer your detailed opinion as to how and why the Wby 9 lug actions are undesirable?

I think we Accumark owners are willing to take some good advise here (I`m willing), so that in the future we can avoid making a poor buying decision.

Thank you in advance.

You haven't the faculties to be educated,nor do you shoot enough to have an inkling and the melding is priceless humor.

Stupidy is innate and you are simply incapable of shaking the plight and processing the obvious objectively. You'd rather Karate Chop,hold your breath,stomp your feet and burn incredible amounts of bandwidth to pinpoint your glaring stupidity,then get upset when called on your Imaginary Tales and gross fabrications fraught with Window Licking trains of "thought" and Mall Ninja "experience".

Maybe you will call BSA next and get their Optics Guru on the horn to wax eloquent on the "excellence" of BSA? I'm sure Cough Silencer has an esteemed Tech Guru too!? May as well ring the bell and get a NV tutorial from an ATN Tech too. Laffin'!

More than a touch revealing when someone with goods in hand,has to call someone else and ask them about it! I'm impressed in how easily a boltgun stumps you and your Imagination both. I'd wager Dean made more than a few of the boys cry in laughter,after that call. Wow.

Get a kick out of your never having killed anything with your 9-lugged POS,yet you fervently defend it's Safe Queen status and feel compelled to brag about Improved Cylinder patterns. You are in way over your head on all levels,both in theory and application...all of which is a shame of sorts because you haven't the brains to process just how stupid you are.

A SuperSoaker with colored water in it,so you could see trace/impact would be far more beneficial to you and with it,you might manage a "whopping" 4 trips to the range a month. It's stopping power is well beyond that which is requisite for your "pursuits" and it would easily punch as many tags as you have with your lauded 9-lugged brainfart. The reduction in recoil and noise,coupled with superior handling,just might sway you to spend more trigger time in reality,as opposed to your Imaginary round "counts".

You will perpetually bitch/moan/complain,play the role of victim and continually make yourself look far more stupid than anyone else ever could...none of which is an act.

Bless your heart.
.......Ask the man a few questions and look what you get.

Read my last post to Flinch. Same applies to you as well.

In fact, why don`t you two clowns get together and make a trip my way. It`ll be far less boring kicking two cowardly/lying asses at the same time rather than just one. How`s about that?

That`ll kinda remind me of my tourney days while visiting Japan on numerous occasions over the years. And rousting you two clowns will certainly be quite a pleasure. And besides, I can think of no two better individuals in which to put my craft to some very good use.

Wanna tackle my imagination boys?

As expected, soon will come the Stickboxer, who will post as usual, all about my imagination, plus bundle together all his usual sophisticated choice words, and all the usual insults.

If all I have is an imagination there Stickboxer and Flinch, then what`s holding ya back? Can`t kick an imagination`s ass? Hmmm? Maybe too big a challenge for a couple of liars and cowards?

Both you guys can sure dish out your im-mature crap and lies on your keyboards, so why not have some real good face to face fun with me and take things up a notch uh?

I doubt very seriously that we three getting together will ever come about, because I`m sure that on occasion, even liars and cowards can be smart once in awhile in order to save their pathetic asses.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

Gee squeeze, Why do you feel like you have tell everyone you are going to kick their A$$. I think you need a time out.

Another thing you say, "You have absolutely no idea or clue as to what you`d be dealing with" I hope you realize you have no idea who you are dealing with.
This is just the Internet. Have fun, stop being so childish, and clean up your language.

Just an observer.
....Not everyone`s. Just two. If people have the gutts to type their lies and insulting crap on a keyboard, then they should also have the same gutts to do the same in person imo. Whether you agree or not, that`s just me.

And yeah, I know it is the internet. And yeah, I know its suppose to be fun. And yeah, I know because of distance, I will never have my wish fulfilled in providing these two with lets say,,,,a well deserved lesson.

If you are just an observer, then I suggest you go back to other threads and observe their many unprovoked insults on me.

Being childish works both ways.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'squeeze you poor clueless idiot,your "version" of everything is incredibly hilarious. Your Imagination is taking you places...again,though I dig that you are a never ending Jerry Lewis Telethon.

Must confess that I do much enjoy Ringman's Post: "Please do. You are adding nothing intelegible to this discussion.". Epic humor that someone stumped by the word intelligible,feels confident enough to be giving "advice". Too funny!

Noone can insult 'squeeze better than she herself can,by espousing her "version" of "experience","knowledge" and "understanding". Points are always awarded though,for Mall Ninja Hissy Fits and "daring" deeds conjured within her copious Imagination.

A touch poetic too,that her paltry realities fuel her vibrant Imagination and that instead of simply stepping outside and punching a tag,she'd rather regale the masses with grandiose fabrications as a means of disconnect from the crux. Not that such humor isn't appreciated,but it is an interesting ploy to bitch/moan/whine ad nauseum about contrived notions that are always someone else's "fault",instead of simply prying her poosy from couch and doing for herself. But then again,she's stated plainly that pretend is as "satisfying" for her,as actually doing. Bless her heart.

May her Imagination flourish and her penchant to flaunt same,continue in all it's enthusiasm.

Fingers crossed in anticipation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Just an observer.

Best post in this thread in days.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V

BigSq- Based on the martial arts experience you claim to have I have never heard someone talk so much about their game. For someone who has put in the time to have 9 blackbelts you sound like you have lost your discipline and allowed someone to get under your skin way to easy.

And as an FYI when you reference your call to Weatherby and start it by telling the tech you have only owned your rifle a few months that would pretty much imply to all of us too that you have only owned your rifle a few months.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hope Big Squeeze doesn't quit until at least Saturday. Nice to have entertainment until college football...

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by varmintsinc

BigSq- Based on the martial arts experience you claim to have I have never heard someone talk so much about their game. For someone who has put in the time to have 9 blackbelts you sound like you have lost your discipline and allowed someone to get under your skin way to easy.

And as an FYI when you reference your call to Weatherby and start it by telling the tech you have only owned your rifle a few months that would pretty much imply to all of us too that you have only owned your rifle a few months.
...............Under the skin? Yep you`re right. Discipline? You`re right about that too.

I never implied anything other than that I have owned a new Accumark for only a few months. Never made that a secret and was upfront about that.

And this one is my very first Accumark. Among other rifles, I did own a 300 Win Vanguard for about 31 years.

If some think the MK5 action is a poor design, then so be it. I`m enjoying it and that`s all that counts.

As Dean at Wby explained to me; from the many blogs to the smiths, he`s heard, read about, and talked to people thousands of times about the negative stories concerning the so-called poor design of the MK5`s action during his many years at Wby. All of which in his opinion, are presumptive and totally unfounded.

So until there is some extremely rare quirk of fate which comes to pass on my MK5`s action, I`m going to take it out and use it. And all this business about a presumptive poor action design will soon be forgotten.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 406_SBC
I hope Big Squeeze doesn't quit until at least Saturday. Nice to have entertainment until college football...
............Nope! I`m done. So you`re going to have to wait patiently to be entertained until Saturday`s college games. grin

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You were done way before you ever "started". That you've zero "experience" and shoot a whole bunch less than very little,is hardly a "secret" either. Though in fairness,you do have a very vivid Imagination and have zero reservation in using it,is indeed more than a whole bunch funny.

The only thing in this Thread that is "extremely rare",is your trigger time and that gross void always does tend to make your "version" of things,far and away the most hilarious.

It is never not funny,when Reality collides with Fantasy and you are the Poster Girl for same. Plug in a 'Ninja Turtle video,practice your "disciplines" and keep that Imagination of your's cranked up and the humor flowing,as only you can.

You go girl!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As Dean at Wby explained to me; from the many blogs to the smiths, he`s heard, read about, and talked to people thousands of times about the negative stories concerning the so-called poor design of the MK5`s action during his many years at Wby. All of which in his opinion, are presumptive and totally unfounded.

So until there is some extremely rare quirk of fate which comes to pass on my MK5`s action, I`m going to take it out and use it. And all this business about a presumptive poor action design will soon be forgotten.
I can't say the I'm very impressed that Dean (a Weatherby employee) has high regards for the Mk V laugh. That he impresses you certainly keeps this threads entertainment value high--keep it coming. Please, oh please, cite some more experts...

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You were done way before you ever "started". That you've zero "experience" and shoot a whole bunch less than very little,is hardly a "secret" either. Though in fairness,you do have a very vivid Imagination and have zero reservation in using it,is indeed more than a whole bunch funny.

The only thing in this Thread that is "extremely rare",is your trigger time and that gross void always does tend to make your "version" of things,far and away the most hilarious.

It is never not funny,when Reality collides with Fantasy and you are the Poster Girl for same. Plug in a 'Ninja Turtle video,practice your "disciplines" and keep that Imagination of your's cranked up and the humor flowing,as only you can.

You go girl!
..................Well since you happen to be up in Alaska some 4,000 miles away from me, your presumptions about how much reloading, trigger time, shooting, hunting, or how much of anything else I do, is purely a speculative and a well un-educated guess on your part.

If your version of "zero experience" is 400+ head of game (mostly hogs) taken during more than 40+ years of hunting, then I more than welcome your version of stated "zero experience",,,your stated version of,,,"vivid imagination",,,your stated version of,,,"poster girl",,, plus whatever else you can come up with.

And don`t assume that because I live in the hustle and bustle of So Cal, that going hog hunting and doing some target shooting cannot be done on weekends at the same places. Because you see, it`s all in "WHOM" you know.

Aside from the Grand Tejon Ranch up near Gorman where I have hunted many times, there are a few well spread out privately owned ranches down here in Riverside/San Diego counties which have lots of hogs.

One ranch owner has been a very good friend of mine for many many years and through him, I`ve come to know three other ranch owners over the years including one who owns a big spread in the San Luis Obispo/Pasos Robles area. All have extended open ended invitations for me to visit, stay, hunt and target shoot at anytime I wish. All are within a three to four hour drive. I just make a phone call.

So from the confines of your Alaskan perch, you keep on trashing, keep on using your favorite word "imagination" keep on insulting, keep on assuming this, keep on assuming that, or whatever else you wish to falsely assume.

That`s your choice. And I`m sure that you will continue to do so as expected.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It keeps getting better and better...

PLEASE don't stop!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

I can't say the I'm very impressed that Dean (a Weatherby employee) has high regards for the Mk V laugh. That he impresses you certainly keeps this threads entertainment value high--keep it coming. Please, oh please, cite some more experts...
........Well. If you wish for more entertainment value, YOU and EVERYONE else, are certainly free to call Dean @ Wby yourselves and disagree with him on the merits of the MK5 action design. Are you not free to do so? All I did was pass along the information he passed on to me.

And your version of "impresses you" I`m sure, was not designed to be an overly exaggerated pun on your part.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It keeps getting better and better...

PLEASE don't stop!
.........Ya like that uh? What parts ya like best? Anything I can do to improve your entertainment value 406 BC?

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (22kHornet, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 40 invisible), 2,663 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,287
Posts18,467,895
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.