Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Anyone have one of these? What's your opinion on it? I'm looking at the ones Midway has on sale.

I'm considering one and if I get it do a little scope swapping. One of my rifles that I target shoot with 99% of the time and just use hunting rarely is wearing a Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x40 and I love it. However, my main deer rifle is wearing a Nikon Monarch 3-9x40 and while I like the Monarch, I'm not happy with the magnification range. I shoot this at the range a lot also and at 4-500 yards fairly often. I never use it below 5x when hunting and I'm not sure that I have ever shot with it at any less, and when I'm at the range with it I want a lot more than 9x.

I was thinking of replacing the Burris with this WTC scope, and putting the Burris on my deer rifle, and then I'm sure I could sell the Monarch for more than the WTC costs.

My biggest concern is I don't want to buy the WTC only to have it fail in 5 years and have to buy another one.

The only experience I've had with one is a buddy has one and I've gotten to look through it. The glass is impressive for the price, and he likes his. However, he is very rough on it often dropping it, but that being said I've noticed that each year when he checks it to sight it in to hunt with it's often way off. However, it seems to stay zeroed for him until he drops it, and then it seems to get knocked off, which could bet the scope or may just be his rings shifting or something it's hard to tell. Overall he is happy with it though, and I don't think anything in the $500 and under price range would hold up to the abuse he puts it through and not shift zero.

So what are your experiences with it? I'm not sure if I should get one, or just buy another FFII or something one of the Vipers in 6.5-20x44 for the extra money.

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you want something that should last and has good warranty support,get the Viper that Doug is selling. I've owned an older generation WTC and currently have the 6.5-20x Viper that I got from Doug. The Viper is far and away a better scope.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Whitetails are OK for the money. I bought two. However, the reticles are a bit thick for a long range scope.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
338 members (257 mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 35 invisible), 2,008 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,962
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.